Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #81
Badnewsgoonies
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
It's not missing...it's all still there.
Click on any top prospects list a majority for them do not say when they were drafted even though ootp 17 had all the info
Badnewsgoonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #82
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
the tournament is for players to be loaned to a tournament team not have teams in leagues play each other in a tournament. That's better solved by putting them in an association and creating a playoff.
I understand that. i have an association already. i want a Endor team ( best Endor players) to play an Earth team (best Earth players) for the Galactic Baseball Classic, not Endor City vs Yankees.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #83
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I understand that. i have an association already. i want a Endor team ( best Endor players) to play an Earth team (best Earth players) for the Galactic Baseball Classic, not Endor City vs Yankees.
Can you imagine Star Trek races and Star Wars races in a Galatic Universal Baseball Classic

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 AM   #84
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Dpending on how your leagues are organized, there would be 2 ways to handle this:

1. Set up a tournament by regions, and have one team that's the "Endor" region, and one team that's "Earth" region.

2. Set up a tournament by affiliations, and add all the Endor teams to be affiliated with one team in the tournament, and all the Earth teams to be affiliated with another team in the tournament.

Which option you prefer depends on exactly how you have your worlds set up, and if you would rather have the tournament based on ethnic origin or based on team. If you affiliate based on teams, there may be a slight hitch in that players who are free agents would not show up, but if the roster selection happened before free agency, that should be fine.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #85
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Thinking of taking the plunge and updating to 18 ... out of curiosity has this bug been fixed?

Setup a fictional league ... choose the minor leagues lineups to be based on Potential Ability rather than Current Ability. Feeder leagues are set to Potential Ability as well.

Every preseason (in OOTP17) it sets itself in all leagues to base lineups/depth on Current Ability.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #86
case
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have a really (I think good and game enhancing) request. I would like there to be some way of knowing in game when a fielder makes a better than routine play.I noticed in some videos of gameplay that base runners slide occasionally. Do defenders dive for tough play balls? One of my main gripes with the ootp series is that there is little in the way of knowing when a defender makes an above average type defensive play. Because sometimes especially when subbing you would want to see if that great infielder you put in to replace a good hitter for the purpose of sealing a victory in the 9th with defense was justified. If you see him dive for a ball out of range and make the play then you know "hey that was a good idea to put him in the game".

This is not about having eye-candy, but rather an indication of what is happening on the field that confirms and affects decisions made by the manager. Actually I don't care if they slide, blink or just a symbol/letter above them, to indicate that the play they made was not routine. I just mentioned diving because I saw where they were already sliding and assumed if they slide-which conveys nothing pertinent to decision making-and a diving defender could convey vital information about the outcome of the play, then it would be useful. I don't like eye-candy for the sake of eye-candy and this is not that. Actually it dose not even need to be an on field graphic. If there was just small box on the screen that updates in realtime during the game that would list a players name and inning when he makes an above routine play, maybe you could click on it and get the exact situation, ie batter, base runners, putout numbers 4-6-3, etc. For me this is just as important information as any in baseball. It would also make awarding the "Golden Glove" more realistic and rewarding.
Please, is there some way of having something like this implemented in a patch update. Without it, it leaves a very important aspect of the game un appreciated.
Again could you please put it on your list of possible added features.

Last edited by case; 04-05-2017 at 12:50 AM.
case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #87
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
I have a really (I think good and game enhancing) request. I would like there to be some way of knowing in game when a fielder makes a better than routine play.I noticed in some videos of gameplay that base runners slide occasionally. Do defenders dive for tough play balls? One of my main gripes with the ootp series is that there is little in the way of knowing when a defender makes an above average type defensive play. Because sometimes especially when subbing you would want to see if that great infielder you put in to replace a good hitter for the purpose of sealing a victory in the 9th with defense was justified. If you see him dive for a ball out of range and make the play then you know "hey that was a good idea to put him in the game".

This is not about having eye-candy, but rather an indication of what is happening on the field that confirms and affects decisions made by the manager. Actually I don't care if they slide, blink or just a symbol/letter above them, to indicate that the play they made was not routine. I just mentioned diving because I saw where they were already sliding and assumed if they slide-which conveys nothing pertinent to decision making-and a diving defender could convey vital information about the outcome of the play, then it would be useful. I don't like eye-candy for the sake of eye-candy and this is not that. Actually it dose not even need to be an on field graphic. If there was just small box on the screen that updates in realtime during the game that would list a players name and inning when he makes an above routine play, maybe you could click on it and get the exact situation, ie batter, base runners, putout numbers 4-6-3, etc. For me this is just as important information as any in baseball. It would also make awarding the "Golden Glove" more realistic and rewarding.
Please, is there some way of having something like this implemented in a patch update. Without it, it leaves a very important aspect of the game un appreciated.
good idea.

this is one of the reasons I still play on PBP (text), I love the commentary.
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #88
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post

This was one thing Strat-o-matic computer baseball did. Anytime there was a spectacular play made, you'd see (*Great Play) after the commentary. They also kept track of "web gems".

Despite how limited SOM is compared to OOTP, the PBP was hands down the best. That would be the only thing I would want to take from Strato and incorporate into OOTP - the play-by-play/

Last edited by drksd4848; 04-07-2017 at 01:38 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #89
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Thinking of taking the plunge and updating to 18 ... out of curiosity has this bug been fixed?

Setup a fictional league ... choose the minor leagues lineups to be based on Potential Ability rather than Current Ability. Feeder leagues are set to Potential Ability as well.

Every preseason (in OOTP17) it sets itself in all leagues to base lineups/depth on Current Ability.
So having taken the plunged and upgraded I can confirm this bug is indeed fixed for OOTP18

And by the way, like the feel of the GUI and engine a lot in this version ... seems to sim through multiple days a lot faster than 16/17 did.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #90
stan67
Bat Boy

Absolutely amazing work . Markus and his team deserve the highest praise
stan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #91
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

PLEASE PLEASE include a button to select ALL countries for Int'l FA's keep it unclicked for none or you choose your own...I BEG OF YOU...i doubt its that difficult
This will help all of us who do massive world leagues...thanks
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #92
zigyzig
Minors (Double A)

When will OOTP 18 Update (Version 18.4.45) be available on the Mac App Store? Still using 18.3.41 version.
zigyzig is offline   Reply With Quote