Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #41
ajimithing
Minors (Single A)

So there will be no patch to FHM 3 in regards to the Vegas expansion next season?

If not, then I agree - get to work on FHM 4 ASAP so we can get it as early as possible.

Not having the Vegas expansion in this year's hockey "sim" games has made them unplayable for me!
ajimithing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #42
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Jeff,

Can you confirm that there'll be another small patch released to address some of the new bugs introduced by the last update?

I want to start a fresh new game and would rather wait until all the bugs are ironed out.

Thanks guys!
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #43
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
Are you sure the update doesn't have any other effects?

Before the update I was the 2nd best team in the WHL, since the update I have won one game in 17 and I keep getting outshot by something between 15 and 30 shots every game. No relevant changes to tactics nor injuries. I'm getting desperate...

I can't prove it but the game is playing differently.....I am losing games rather regularly that I was not before....first half pre patch team cruising....2nd half post patch its like a different team.
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #44
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan View Post
Jeff,

Can you confirm that there'll be another small patch released to address some of the new bugs introduced by the last update?

I want to start a fresh new game and would rather wait until all the bugs are ironed out.

Thanks guys!
Yes, we'll have one out very soon, we've fixed several things and just have to deal with a couple of issues that came up in internal testing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:43 AM   #45
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajimithing View Post
So there will be no patch to FHM 3 in regards to the Vegas expansion next season?

If not, then I agree - get to work on FHM 4 ASAP so we can get it as early as possible.

Not having the Vegas expansion in this year's hockey "sim" games has made them unplayable for me!
We really wanted to do this, but the amount of changes we'd need to make turned out to be impractical to do in the time we had. The single-team expansion and schedule balancing complications, shared farm team, some of the new expansion draft rules, and the need to have LV participate in the 2017 entry draft were just too much to deal with in combination. What we want to do with 4 is give you an option to start as Las Vegas right from the expansion draft (so you can choose your own players if you don't want to go with the real lineup), but there are a few things we need to change to make that work.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #46
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to go back to the pre-patch version?
The game is definitely playing differently.
This goalie thing stinks imo.
I have an elite 5 star goalie who has been cold for a month!
And he even had a stretch in there of 1-1-0 goals against but he's still a snowflake.
It's silly.
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #47
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

had some russian players open to signing but refusing 2 way contracts, right after their draft and also a couple year later. Is this related to the RFA contract problems that had a fix in this patch or are they just wanting more money.? It's odd because they end up signing contracts in Sweden instead, and for way less money.

Last edited by Eugus; 02-17-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:35 AM   #48
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
had some russian players open to signing but refusing 2 way contracts, right after their draft and also a couple year later. Is this related to the RFA contract problems that had a fix in this patch or are they just wanting more money.? It's odd because they end up signing contracts in Sweden instead, and for way less money.
Just had a similar report in the test forum, I think there's something wrong there. Actually related to ELC problems, not RFA.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #49
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

will their be a fix for this? I'd rather scrap my ptg save now and switch over to sandbox before spending more time on it if not. Drafting/signing prospects is my favorite part

thanks!
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #50
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
will their be a fix for this? I'd rather scrap my ptg save now and switch over to sandbox before spending more time on it if not. Drafting/signing prospects is my favorite part

thanks!
Probably won't know until Monday at the earliest if Malte was able to track it down or not. But if you could upload the save it'd definitely be helpful, the test forum report didn't include a save where we could see the problem actively happening. (Instructions for uploading to our ftp site are here, or you can put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.)
Old 02-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #51
Chomps
Major Leagues

Bugs still present

1. Players in wrong uniforms on game screen

2. Period 3 Summary not visible

3. Player names cut off, so can't view full name and Goalie Rating
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote