Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM3 Update #1, Version 3.0.65, Now Available!

The first post-release update for Franchise Hockey Manager 3, version 3.0.65, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Since this is the first update, we've mainly been focusing on critical bugs that directly affect gameplay, like crashes and freezes. There have been a few other adjustments to things that were simple and safe to change, but bigger gameplay changes to things like AI and the interface will be coming later, as they'll need more time to plan, code, and test adequately.

Change List:

Crashing/Freezing:
-assorted crashes related to startup/early season play on particular systems fixed
-fixed a crash during the All-Star Game when the user is playing as the Montreal Canadiens
-fixed crash that occurred when user is managing an international team and selects players who are still playing with their club team (e.g. NHL playoffs during World Championships)
-FaceGen changes made to allow it to work properly with some graphic cards that were having trouble with it, which was the root cause of some crashes and freezes

Graphical/Text/UI:
-right-clicking to assign scouts will no longer fail after after changing scouting controls to assistant and then back
-champions column in league history should now process "use nickname first" setting correctly
-country dropdown lists should now have all the major hockey countries first, instead of just 4 of them

Gameplay Issues:
-contract demand mechanism fixed to correct problem with low salaries for star players: the cheap salaries were the result of a modifier added last year that adjusted demands if the player's average Game Rating for the previous season was particularly low; the numbers hadn't been adjusted to reflect the new GR, which run about 10 points lower on average, so all but a handful of players were barred from the highest asking prices. You should see a lot more $7-9 million contracts now. This does have the potential of causing some later-game issues if the average amount of NHL salary cap space runs too low because of the higher star salaries, but we've tested 20 years into the future so far and it doesn't appear to be causing any issues.
-problem with some NHL rookie contracts getting changed to 1-year deals fixed
-internal changes to Ultraconservative Offense offensive tactic (was being used by AI too often) and Point Shooter tactical role (was making defencemen too effective offensively)
-injured players now removed properly from international games
-national teams can now replace injured players during international tournaments
-wrong teams no longer sent to Memorial Cup
-correct team should get home ice advantage in Stanley Cup finals
-retirement code adjusted to be a little more aggressive about retiring mid-30's free agents, should reduce the number of higher-rated players who sit out multiple seasons at ages when they'd normally just pack it in if no one wanted them
-NHL draft lottery updated to 2016 method (only the top 3 picks are lottery spots, odds adjusted)
-if GM's reputation is edited in sandbox mode, it will no longer get reset the next July 1
-user's starting Tactics level set to 14 so he doesn't always get outcoached at the NHL level, other ratings reduced by 1 to compensate; minimum and maximum amounts for Tactics also adjusted upwards. 14 is approximately average for an NHL-level coach, so we don't recommend lowering it.

Miscellaneous:
-Steam Workshop is now enabled
-playing historical mode with generate at 17 off will no longer result in some players not importing correctly
-new presets.txt file, adds a few more starting injuries (starting injuries, to be clear, are pre-training camp injuries only, since the game will generate new ones from that point forward)
-2015-16 Czech Extraliga stats added
-many database updates, some of which will have gameplay implications (e.g. adjusting potentials for 2017-18-19 NHL draft prospects downward should help with the overvaluation of draft picks early in the game)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Has the high scoring games been fixed? I have a lot of 12-3, 8-2, 10-5 games.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #3
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

Ryan Smyth's stats still aren't updated and i still can't upgrade the new coaching/ Gm Attributes in Sandbox
spartimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game still crashes in PTG mode when trying to advance a day.
WindyCityFlyerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyerr View Post
Game still crashes in PTG mode when trying to advance a day.
Did you update a save (in that case what was the name and the thread)?
Old 11-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
Can you please post screenshots of your league totals (at the end of a season) so we can see if and what is wrong? Thanks!
Old 11-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
Ryan Smyth's stats still aren't updated and i still can't upgrade the new coaching/ Gm Attributes in Sandbox
With just 3 days for bug fixing we had to concentrate on the most important stuff. Both are no game breaker in any way.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Did you update a save (in that case what was the name and the thread)?

No, I started a new one after I downloaded the update.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
No, I started a new one after I downloaded the update.
It never worked for you, right?

Did you test a random historical game and see if it works?
Old 11-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #10
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It never worked for you, right?

Did you test a random historical game and see if it works?

Correct, PTG has never worked. I haven't tried historical, but I did start a Sandbox mode with the Hurricanes, and was able to advance days. I was even able to play a game as well. If I recall correctly, the game has not crashed while in Sandbox mode.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Correct, PTG has never worked. I haven't tried historical, but I did start a Sandbox mode with the Hurricanes, and was able to advance days. I was even able to play a game as well. If I recall correctly, the game has not crashed while in Sandbox mode.
It is basically the same game, so I don´t know why it crashes there. Can you test a PtG game with just the NHL/AHL and unemployed and then simulate? Maybe we can close in on your problem.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
WindyCityFlyerr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It is basically the same game, so I don´t know why it crashes there. Can you test a PtG game with just the NHL/AHL and unemployed and then simulate? Maybe we can close in on your problem.

Okay, PtG game with just the NHL/AHL and me being unemployed, I was able to sim 5 days so far with no issues.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #13
Sigwolf
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
I really *do* know what you mean, but it is just ironic reading this post the same night Columbus beats Montreal 10-0 in the real NHL.
Sigwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:51 AM   #14
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

/

Last edited by Eugus; 11-05-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #15
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigwolf View Post
I really *do* know what you mean, but it is just ironic reading this post the same night Columbus beats Montreal 10-0 in the real NHL.
Again, please post screenshots for league totals, so we can take a look. Jeff looked through a longtime save and did not see a big number of such game results.

And if you see such results only in your games, please let us know as well, maybe we have to tweak some tactic combinations then.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #16
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Eh, I'm not sure this is a patch thing, but I cannot start the game anymore on Steam.

When I click on "Play", an Windows box (empty, containing no text; there's the red X in the box; I can click on OK to make the box disappear, but I cannot start the game)

EDIT : Rebooted PC, works still. Still, might be worth checking this.

Last edited by MXD; 11-05-2016 at 07:34 PM.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Eh, I'm not sure this is a patch thing, but I cannot start the game anymore on Steam.

When I click on "Play", an Windows box (empty, containing no text; there's the red X in the box; I can click on OK to make the box disappear, but I cannot start the game)

EDIT : Rebooted PC, works still. Still, might be worth checking this.
We've had a couple of similar reports, but so far everyone's been able to fix it by restarting Steam and/or rebooting. Not clear what's doing it at this point, but we'll keep an eye on it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote