Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #21
reddeerrebel
Bat Boy

Hi, first post on here, signed up to report a bug.

When starting a game and selecting 'Commissioner Mode', the game loads all files and then simply returns to the main menu without an error message.

This then subsequently happens any time a new game is created, but if the programme is closed down and re-opened, it disappears (as long as you don't select 'Commissioner Mode' again.

Couldn't upload a league file as none was generated.

Enjoying the game so far, thank you!

EDIT: I'm playing on Mac OS X, 10.3.3.
reddeerrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #22
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
in my quickstart none of my 4 games show up so cannot start in quickstart. reinstalled 5v times but still not there but it is in my documents folder can anyone help me
I'm not sure if I have understood you properly. You have created 4 quickstarts and they are not displayed on the "Quickstart Game" dialog?
The game does not provide any quickstarts, so you have to create your own quickstarts. To do this, you have to start a new game and save this as quickstart
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #23
buzzy
Bat Boy

thanks i thought it was like ootp where 4 quickstarts came with the game now hopefully my logos will show up as well thanks for that im tired its 11.40 pm where i am
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #24
Swarty88
Bat Boy

My hockey manager wont go full screen any advise? The full screen button just moves it to the corner but the game screen stays the same size. I have OOTP 15 & 16 and never encountered this problem.

Nevermind I figured it out thanks

Last edited by Swarty88; 09-28-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: fixed problem
Swarty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I played one period(don't know how I did it). Can't find play tab to continue. Changed resolution. Still can't find it.

Update- I finally figured it out. Couldn't get the bottom taskbars to hide on my computer.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-28-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #26
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

I just downloaded and installed the game, created a league. Went into the league and looked around and saved it. Exited back to the main screen and hit the option to continue my game...nothing loaded. I then choose the option to load my league....selected the file and it went through the loading motions...but never took me back into the main game with my save file. Therefore, doesn't appear I can continue my game.

Any ideas?
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #27
JBClark
Bat Boy

Playing in "Commissioner Mode," the "Force Trade" command is greyed out and cannot be selected.
JBClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #28
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings91pdx View Post
Submitted a ticket but wanted to post here too in case anyone else has the issue. When I try to start a new game, it tells me it can't open the league file when I create it. Also when I try to do a custom league, it says, invalid database.
Run the game as administrator and it will fix it.

But first:
  • navigate to the game folder (...Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2)
  • Right click on the application file (called FHM2) and select PROPERTIES
  • Click the COMPATABILITY tab and then check off the box that says "RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR"
    That will correct the issues for good.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #29
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBClark View Post
Playing in "Commissioner Mode," the "Force Trade" command is greyed out and cannot be selected.
"Force Trade" is only enabled if you are commish of an online league.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #30
JBClark
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
Rats. I was hoping it would work like OOTP. Thanks anyway.
JBClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #31
JMocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't know if this is a bug, or just bade trade AI, but I wanted to bring it to light.

In my opinion, Quick is a top 3 goaltender in the league. I don't see the Kings trading him at all.
JMocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:50 PM   #32
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

The game still has trouble with Playoff stats. The problem is that the league isn't handled the same as regular season stats. Just setup the leagues as NHL, WHA, etc... and problem solved.
Attached Images
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #33
Laraque27
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are you entering anything in the Enter Name box? There needs to be something there, the filters won't automatically search through every player in the game.
OK, so not like OOTP then. Gotcha. That would have been neat though.
Laraque27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #34
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Game freezes any time I click on a player name, or "finish today". People dissed the original FHM, but at least I could play it!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #35
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
As somebody who likes to play pure historical/real-life trades, that's a big downer...

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-28-2015 at 11:20 PM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #36
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Playing out a game in ECHL I am required to complete a 4th line. The league only allows 16 skaters to be dressed making a 4th line impossible. As is I have to double shift players just to start the game.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #37
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

While watching a game play out I stop the play-by-play and look at my lines. All 4 lines are now blank and I have to re-complete them in order to continue the game.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:45 AM   #38
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

I don't think it qualifies as a "bug" but it's definitely something that needs fixing.

The Buffalo Sabres just signed Nikita Filatov and a week later they traded him to the Florida Panthers.

Needless to say, a free agent has never been traded in the NHL before ever playing a game for a team he signed with.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:11 AM   #39
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if it was a bug or I just got too impatient but my game went into an endless loop of simulating when I tried to role over to June 30th. It had rolled through the bar 15 or more times before I just force ended the game.

Also if one of your penalty killers is in the box then the other member of that pairing will be doubled when that unit is put on the ice. McClemant was in the box so the forward unit was Gerbe-Gerbe.

Not sure if it's a bug but the auto transactions (recalling and demoting players) just picks the top player from your AHL team regardless of position. I simmed the season and then went to look at transactions and there were multiple times where a forward was placed on IR and a d-man was recalled or vise versa. Only seemed to be consistently correct with G.

Other than those minor bugs it's a great game and I can already see myself getting addicted to it.
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:50 AM   #40
ajimithing
Minors (Single A)

On a MacBook Pro, bottom of the screen is cut off, can't scroll down to see the bottom of most screens. Same problem happened with FHM 1 for me...
ajimithing is offline   Reply With Quote