Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:18 AM   #201
Snap Wilson
Minors (Single A)

U.s.a.?

Not sure if it's a bug or if you guys are just trolling, but I can't create a new player from the United States. United Emirates, sure. Vatican City, why not? But not the United States.

Also, you don't get to set the ages of new players. Is there a database or something where I can edit the info?
Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:54 AM   #202
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap Wilson View Post
Not sure if it's a bug or if you guys are just trolling, but I can't create a new player from the United States. United Emirates, sure. Vatican City, why not? But not the United States.

Also, you don't get to set the ages of new players. Is there a database or something where I can edit the info?
The US is under "The United States", so you have to type the T to get to it (it's also grouped at the top of the country dropdowns with the other main hockey countries) OOTP convention, I don't really get it, either.

We should be able to add the starting age to the player creation screen, I don't think that'd be difficult.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:57 AM   #203
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
When i go to the start up screen and load a different game, it shows the loading percentage icons, everything gets to 100% and it just brings me back to the start up screen. I have to completely shut off the game, reboot and load a game.
Yeah, something's going wrong with return to start either disabling continue/load or breaking the loading process at times. We're looking into it.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:59 AM   #204
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Ok here is something a little strange in the scoring
Yeah, something's wrong with the number display when multiple goals/assists are scored in a game, we're checking it.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #205
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
Oh I think I understand now - it's referring to my own team and the fact we would be under the salary cap floor. another somewhat unrelated issue that may be due to this new patch though is the fact the AI is giving almost no value to good vet players on expiring contracts; tried offering Vrbata and Hamhuis around and can't even get a 5th round pick for either even though their production is good and they are both 3.5 star players.
Yeah, that message could be clearer, I'll see if we can change it.

I'll keep an eye on the valuation for older players, may also be a problem with too much emphasis being places on remaining contract length.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 AM   #206
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireonk View Post
On the Roster screen when looking at Stats: Summary if I sort by GR it seems to add the preseason games into everyones totals even though only regular season is selected.

Sorting by any other stat seems fine.

Edit to add that when I look at my ahl team the sort by GR seems completely broken. Doesn't sort by number and all stats are set to 0.
Yeah, there's some really strange stuff going on with GR sorting on various screens. We're looking into it.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #207
regdunlop
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdunlop View Post
Since I updated to the latest version yesterday (2.1.4) I can't load or start a historical game. No errors, but every time I create a game or try to load a save file, it does some processing and then returns to the main menu.

On Mac OSX 10.11
Update on this. It only happens if I switch games by going to the main screen from another loaded game. If I close down the application completely I am able to start a historical game, or load a saved one. Kinda annoying, but not nearly as bad as I feared.
regdunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #208
wfborges
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I watched it live. Very weird. It was late and I was very sleepy and started wondering if I was hallucinating until I saw the summary.
wfborges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:31 AM   #209
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Got another one for you guys in the shootout they do not list the game winning goal in the shootout after the game but if you go back into the scoring summary it lists it. Last shootout I had went 10 rounds and it only listed nine in the post game report but exit out and look at the summary after the game its there.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #210
fireonk
Bat Boy

Not 100% this is a bug, but I think it is. I am in the offseason, July 3rd, so in the middle of free agency. The game isn't allowing me to offer contracts to go above the normal salary cap number even though in the offseason we are supposed to have that 10% cushion.
fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #211
breich90
Minors (Double A)

I'm working on creating a reports webpage mod for FHM2 online leagues. Your CSV delimeters are set as commas. In the 'salary' column of the 'player_bio' table, entries in the column include commas... i.e., '$30,000' as a salary, producing an obvious error... Can the CSV generation delimit with a semi-colon please?
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #212
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by breich90 View Post
I'm working on creating a reports webpage mod for FHM2 online leagues. Your CSV delimeters are set as commas. In the 'salary' column of the 'player_bio' table, entries in the column include commas... i.e., '$30,000' as a salary, producing an obvious error... Can the CSV generation delimit with a semi-colon please?
Yes, we will change that.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #213
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Is It me or is there something wrong with offering contracts to free agents. I noticed that certain free agents ask for say 13,900,000 but you can only go up to 10,000,000 not any higher is this a bug in the game?
I also see that when editing the rules you change dressed players to 23 but It always goes back to 20 why Is that?

Last edited by fredreed; 10-04-2015 at 11:41 AM.
fredreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #214
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
Yes, we will change that.
Better yet, can we just get an integer dumped for salary? I'm hard pressed to believe that a player's salary is actually stored as a varchar when salary has to be stored as an int somewhere for ease of use in financial calculations. If it's stored as a non-integer everywhere then I'll just have to write a conversion script.
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #215
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by breich90 View Post
Better yet, can we just get an integer dumped for salary?
Yes, the salary output is changed.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #216
hockeyfan4
Bat Boy

Two issues, For an entry-level contract offer. My player won't sign unless I offer him 2.2mil but the issue is the standard contract in 950k and second, my submit button doesn't work when offering contracts anymore. It did before I updated, I'm on a Mac.
hockeyfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #217
Raikogen
Bat Boy

Started a new game as GM of New Jersey Devils. Can't seem to sim past Oct 24 ... every time I finish the day on Oct 24 going to Oct 25 the game will crash.

Running on Windows 10.
Raikogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #218
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdunlop View Post
Update on this. It only happens if I switch games by going to the main screen from another loaded game. If I close down the application completely I am able to start a historical game, or load a saved one. Kinda annoying, but not nearly as bad as I feared.
Yup, something's definitely going awry with the loading and continuing after returning to the start screen. We'll get it sorted out.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #219
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Got another one for you guys in the shootout they do not list the game winning goal in the shootout after the game but if you go back into the scoring summary it lists it. Last shootout I had went 10 rounds and it only listed nine in the post game report but exit out and look at the summary after the game its there.
Is it doing it in every game, or just the ones where the shootout runs really long? I know there was an issue with the shootout summary getting cut off if there were more than a certain number of shots.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:54 AM   #220
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireonk View Post
Not 100% this is a bug, but I think it is. I am in the offseason, July 3rd, so in the middle of free agency. The game isn't allowing me to offer contracts to go above the normal salary cap number even though in the offseason we are supposed to have that 10% cushion.
Are the financial screens showing the $78m cap number (expanded) or the regular $71m one? Just want to narrow it down to something not getting reset properly on July 1 or a check in the free agency system that's not adjusting to the cushioned cap when it should.