Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #41
cfox
Bat Boy

Resolution 1024x768 on the computer, tried maximized and couple other settings on the computer but all crashed when trying to go to an individual player page, for example, and others. I'd love to not *have* to play fullscreen if possible. Just not sure what resolutions will work. Thanks for the attention.
cfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #42
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Playing out my first game. There is no way to warm up my relievers and "Use Warm Up Rule" is checked. I drag a player under the current pitcher box, but there is no "Bullpen" there and the player won't stick or warm up???
I tested this and it works fine here. Please disable warmup & enable it again prior to the next game.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Playing out my first game. There is no way to warm up my relievers and "Use Warm Up Rule" is checked. I drag a player under the current pitcher box, but there is no "Bullpen" there and the player won't stick or warm up???
I just checked in all three skins and don't have this problem. Could you tell me what game resolution you're using? What is below the current pitcher box, by the way?

Edit: I'm too slow for you guys!

Last edited by old timer; 04-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #44
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
Resolution 1024x768 on the computer, tried maximized and couple other settings on the computer but all crashed when trying to go to an individual player page, for example, and others. I'd love to not *have* to play fullscreen if possible. Just not sure what resolutions will work. Thanks for the attention.
Maybe you have your task bar / dock fixed on your computer? In this case the game does not get enough screen resolution from the operating system. There is no other way than to play in fullscreen at the moment, but I'll add some crash prevention in the first patch.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #45
cheo25
All Star Reserve

OOTP 12 import, currently in 1977. Manager setting for Central time zone. On the Scores/Schedule screen for Majors, game times are in Central time zone. But on the team schedule screen, the time displayed is Eastern time zone, even though it reads "7:05 CST."

Also on Scores/Schedule screen, some West Coast games are seen as starting at 12:05 a.m.

And the first email I received in my league was blank, along with some other story files that were blank, too. I did the recommended import, but perhaps I have some files that didn't carry over properly? Or is there a bug?

Thanks!
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #46
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I just checked in all three skins and don't have this problem. Could you tell me what game resolution you're using? What is below the current pitcher box, by the way?

Edit: I'm too slow for you guys!
I'll check that out that can't warmup for you 2 as I had that same issue in a previous beta build. I got distracted and forgot to log it then and just remembered now as I was reading. I do know I was using 1920x1080 windowed on pc Win7 64.

Tried it several times at various points in the game and no problems with warming up someone at all. Not sure if it matters but I'm using default skin.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #47
Nugget699
Major Leagues

Purely cosmetic, but during RTS when the clock strikes midnight it stays as PM (12:00:00 PM) and doesn't change over to AM until 1 o'clock.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #48
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Very minor point.

Setup the game to start in 1908. Was looking at a player card and saw he was signed as a free agent. Looked and saw everybody was. Not accurate. He was signed to a reserve clause contract. This is more a case of wrong wording than a bug.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #49
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
Purely cosmetic, but during RTS when the clock strikes midnight it stays as PM (12:00:00 PM) and doesn't change over to AM until 1 o'clock.
This has been logged.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

When creating a baseball card using the Dark Skin and when a card exists, The text asking if you want to overwrite is not visible.(Dark Skin Only, the other two are fine)

Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
When creating a baseball card using the Dark Skin and when a card exists, The text asking if you want to overwrite is not visible.(Dark Skin Only, the other two are fine)
Did you just change to the dark skin right before this? If so, exit the game and then restart it and try this again. Let me know if that fixed it. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #52
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
When I try to create a league in a game that's running the game hangs on creating schedules

also, when i create a new game there's nothing in the drop down menu for for nationality when creating the manager.

I run the game on xp.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #53
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
When I try to create a league in a game that's running the game hangs on creating schedules
I need more detailed info. What league is it that is running, and what league do you want to add?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #54
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
OOTP 12 import, currently in 1977. Manager setting for Central time zone. On the Scores/Schedule screen for Majors, game times are in Central time zone. But on the team schedule screen, the time displayed is Eastern time zone, even though it reads "7:05 CST."

Also on Scores/Schedule screen, some West Coast games are seen as starting at 12:05 a.m.

And the first email I received in my league was blank, along with some other story files that were blank, too. I did the recommended import, but perhaps I have some files that didn't carry over properly? Or is there a bug?

Thanks!
Your 12:05 AM problem is with the schedule your game is using. It's not set to use time zones so game times will look weird as previous schedules are in EST. So a game that's on the west coast starting at 10:05 EST in the schedule will show 12:05AM your time. They actually start 1:05 AM my time. We didn't edit any of the previous years schedules. This year I set the 2012 schedules so that all times are the home teams local times.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Did you just change to the dark skin right before this? If so, exit the game and then restart it and try this again. Let me know if that fixed it. Thanks!
Yeah, that worked. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #56
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I need more detailed info. What league is it that is running, and what league do you want to add?
one fictional league 1 division 8 teams. The league i want to create is also fictional. 1 division 4 teams. game is in the 1870's

I can still move the cursor aroumd, but the OOTP13.exe process is running 97-99% of my processor's capacity, (granted this computer is only a P4 2.4Ghz, 760 MB ram.) I let it run for an hour and it was still stuck here.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #57
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Playing my 12 game imported. I simmed to the 6th inning and Roberto Alomar was already on third with no one out when the inning started.???????????
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic View Post
Playing my 12 game imported. I simmed to the 6th inning and Roberto Alomar was already on third with no one out when the inning started.???????????
Maybe the game skipped a weird event that resulted with Alomar on base... never saw this before. What did the game log say?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #59
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
one fictional league 1 division 8 teams. The league i want to create is also fictional. 1 division 4 teams. game is in the 1870's

I can still move the cursor aroumd, but the OOTP13.exe process is running 97-99% of my processor's capacity, (granted this computer is only a P4 2.4Ghz, 760 MB ram.) I let it run for an hour and it was still stuck here.
OK, I'll try this...
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Maybe the game skipped a weird event that resulted with Alomar on base... never saw this before. What did the game log say?
It says he hit a double then advanced to third on a Roberto Kelly groundout. Weird. What else can I do for you? I seemed when I started it was skipping batters.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote