Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
JJGlover55
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unable to interact with AI GM in trades in online league

Hey OOTP,

I currently run an OOTP 20 Online League. There are 5 human teams and 15 AI teams. I am the commissioner.

After the most recent patch, I no longer am seeing the AI GM offer feedback when putting together trades. I also no longer see the "Complete Trade" or "Submit Offer" buttons light up when testing out various trade possibilities. I'm worried that the recent update for online leagues may have done something to prevent the AI from being responsive in online leagues.

I have tried to restart the program and Set all Computer Teams to Allow AI Roster Changes to no effect.

Attached is a screenshot of the attempted trade with an AI.
Attached Images
JJGlover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Recte44
Global Moderator

This is by design. Only meant for human online GM's.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hmm, yeah, I think the changes may have caused that.

For now, you should be able to do trades in reverse - ie. Act As Austin and initiate with New Orleans. In that case, the 'assistant gm' quote will be relevant to assess the deal, although you will have to read the comment to know exactly how they value it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
This is by design. Only meant for human online GM's.
By design that you can't use the submit stuff, but the commish of a league should still be able to force deals between any team if they want.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
JJGlover55
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Matt, thanks for the reply.

Prior to the patch, I (as the commissioner) was able to create trades on behalf of the human GM's. If the AI GM was good with the deal, I could hit "Complete Trade". If the AI GM said something like "please submit and I'll think about it", I could hit "Submit Trade", and I think the human GM would get a message in a couple of days. If the trade was close, there was a "Make this deal work button" that would provide additional players that could be added to make the deal more attractive to the AI GM.

Will these feature be made available again for the commissioner if dealing with a human-and-AI GM deal? Obviously in human-human trades, these features are irrelevant.

Also, will human non-commissioner GMs be able to interact with AI teams similar to the commissioner in building these deals, then just submitting the deal to the commish for approval?
JJGlover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Non-commish players get the same view as above, so yes, they should be able to build out frameworks for offers, with the full make this work now options as above. Obviously they can't submit, but that's at least a start to be able to get other feedback on deals, and then you would have to force the deal through using the trick above I mentioned.

We'll fix this up for the next patch to get the same functionality you had previously for dealing with the AI.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Was this fixed in a subsequent patch? It still doesn't seem to work.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote