Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Schedule request

I have a request regarding the schedule. To set the stage for why I'm asking, I am attempting to run a fictional online league with a historical basis. So think small league and short seasons (at least to start). Now this works great with the historical side because the real schedules are built in. With fictional though, there are problems.

Since I know asking for the ability to import schedules like OOTP has is probably a non-starter, I'd like to ask for the ability to change the start date of the season.

Here's my example - a 4-team league playing a 24-game schedule. The game can generate the schedule no problem. The issue is the season starts in October and ends by mid-December. Which makes hockey a fall sport and not a winter one. The October start is fine for modern-ish leagues playing 70+ games, but the season ends too early with shorter schedules and much too early with historically-correct lengths from the 30s and earlier.

My suggestion is to allow the user to set the date of opening day. If Opening day is December 15, instead of October 10, then the season would run into February and that's a much better fit.

I know this is somewhat nitpicky and you guys are getting a lot of requests & feedback on things that are likely to be higher profile, but I wanted to throw this out there on the off-chance it would be something that could be added in without too much difficulty.

Thanks!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and not to double post really, but it just occurred to me that you could also solve this by setting the start date later for shorter schedules. If the schedule is less than 30 games, the season starts mid December, if it's 31-40 it starts late November, etc.

By this I mean have it hard-coded into the game to start the season later based on shorter schedules. Just want to be clear.

I've looked at the files in the schedule folder, and they look like the OOTP files in general with the start date in the file. I'm not sure that the game actually uses them though and with a custom schedule generated by the game, obviously the files aren't used at all.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Stealcompany
Minors (Triple A)

Agree with this 100%. I'm doing an altered historical NHL and even once I'm in the era of 48 game seasons the finals are over before the end of February.
I've also noticed a quirk in that games seem to be predominantly on weekdays rather than weekends.
Stealcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
thim1960
Minors (Triple A)

totally agree with you two
thim1960 is offline   Reply With Quote