Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
2BABeachbum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical What If

I would like to play a historical game starting in 1901 with players as they debuted throughout actual history.

However, I would like to use only one year for the modifiers so that stats will be consistent across all eras. I like the closer role but don't like the current overuse of relievers so what year would be best?

Also, I would like to always play in the ballparks that exist today. How do I keep the game from changing to the actual historical ballparks?
2BABeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BABeachbum View Post
I like the closer role but don't like the current overuse of relievers so what year would be best?
I suggest one of the mid-80's years - 1984 thru 1986 - where you get good representation of both complete games and saves. You can view these stats here - http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1985/YT_1985.htm - among other places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BABeachbum View Post
Also, I would like to always play in the ballparks that exist today. How do I keep the game from changing to the actual historical ballparks?
How you do this in OOTP has changed over the years and I haven't tried it with OOTP 18, all I can comment on is OOTP 17: To do this, you'd need to edit the era_ballparks.txt file that exists in your ... Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 18/Database folder. (The best way to edit this file - after making a backup! - is to open it in Excel, make all of your changes, save it as a .csv, and then change the file extension to .txt.)

Again, I haven't tried this in OOTP 18; this is just the way it worked in OOTP 17 (and back in earlier versions the process was different). So definitely make backups and try this as a test first.

And stay tuned for posts from others that may correct or add to what I just wrote
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote