Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Facegen for FHM 2

So, we're less than a month away from FHM 2 dropping and I was thinking, we should do some preemptive modding to get us off on the right foot. The introduction of facegen is my most hyped feature beyond the work done on the engine. It adds so much to immersion.

I have no background in facegen modding, this is more to gauge what's been done if anything and act as a starting point. So, has anybody been toiling on facegen models for hockey players and staff?

For those that haven't done this before but are willing to help, which software programs are recommended (and their prices would be helpful). Have people made guides for OOTP that would translate to FHM? Maybe we can organize a push to get most of the major leagues covered. It'd be cool to see your prospects age along with the game world and facegen makes that possible.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I'm probably going to be buying FHM 2 and I'vebeen making FaceGens for OOTP for a while now and would be willing to help if I do indeed buy the game
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Joeyowen
Bat Boy

I can help

I can be of assistance, I have already created numerous NHL jerseys
Joeyowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #4
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Here's a good free modeler if anyone needs one:

FaceGen Modeller Free 3.2 Download (Free) - FaceGenDemo.exe

There probably needs to be a division of labor, especially if historical faces are going to be made. Even if not, it's still a pretty big job if you include the minors and the bigger European leagues. I might start with the NHL Central Division, unless somebody else wants to cover that.

Here's a couple faces to get started from my favorites, the St. Louis Blues, who apparently refuse to win a Stanley Cup before I die...
Attached Files
File Type: fg David_Backes.fg (6.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: fg Brian_Elliott.fg (7.2 KB, 84 views)
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agreed on splitting it up the work. If I can figure out how to use that program, I'm more than willing to help out.

That link doesn't seem to work. I had to first give them my email (gross) then they send me a link saying that the download isn't available.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, try this instead:

FaceGen Modeller Demo
Old 09-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
jrexi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, that program is pretty powerful, here's an example of generating Mark Messier.

The question will be, can we do custom FaceGens and if so, what format do they have to be in.
Attached Images
jrexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #8
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I'll probably start some facegen-making when I get the game, once I see the rosters. All the other facegen-makers seem to be busy/otherwise engaged/fallen off the face of the earth, so I might be making a bunch!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #9
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrexi View Post
Wow, that program is pretty powerful, here's an example of generating Mark Messier.

The question will be, can we do custom FaceGens and if so, what format do they have to be in.
Looks awesome. Very realistic!
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

Yes, you can do custom facegens. Can't remember if it's pmg or bmp format - I'll let one of the modder's say for sure.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #11
jrexi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Yes, you can do custom facegens. Can't remember if it's pmg or bmp format - I'll let one of the modder's say for sure.
Cool, I'll get started on creating some. I'll start with the Rangers of course
jrexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
I'll probably start some facegen-making when I get the game, once I see the rosters. All the other facegen-makers seem to be busy/otherwise engaged/fallen off the face of the earth, so I might be making a bunch!
I had started doing the Montreal Canadiens, then I deleted all my Photofit files by mistake...

Gonna start over at some point, I guess, but for now, I want to play the game a little.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #13
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't know how much time I'll have but I would like to give the Pacific division a shot. I'll start with the Canucks and see how things turn out in terms of quality and how much time it takes.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Cool, I'll get started on creating some. I'll start with the Rangers of course
I hope that you'll release them as awesome as your little preview looked like?
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:58 PM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I have the Anaheim Ducks done. Most look spot on, a few could use work. This is just mainly players on their NHL team only. Few AHL'ers. Will post in a few
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #16
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

So here's what I have for the Ducks:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Anaheim Ducks Version 1.zip (315.9 KB, 133 views)
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #17
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Just subscribing to this thread and also saying thanks to those involved! Can't wait for this one to be ready!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #18
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm about halfway through the Canucks and have a few questions.

1) Why am I getting an error in Facegen Modeller saying "incorrect placement of markers" on certain players? I've had this with three players so far. I thought it was them having thick beards but it's not, as it happens with Sven Baertschi as well.

2) Do facegen files not load up automatically for players when starting a new game? Is this what the force facegen options are in the main screen options?

Nice work, Hockey13Playa! I appreciate the work you've put in on the facegens and jerseys!

Does anybody else prefer the facegen models with the cap instead of the helmet? Maybe it's because a lot of players wear visors and it's strange seeing them without it but I do prefer the hats for the time being.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #19
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Here is a little pack I made. I mainly made this for my NHL jerseys preview image but they can be used by everyone

Its all 30 NHL team captains*

*Few teams such as NJ and SJ do not have captains so I went with players of captain caliber. Enjoy!

Oh yeah PS - Theres a much better looking Getzlaf in this pack then in my Anaheim Pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zkye0os5z...0Pack.zip?dl=0

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 09-28-2015 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Uploaded an empty zip file, doh!
Old 09-28-2015, 11:03 PM   #20
RoPa
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure if I did something wrong but the captains folder is empty when unzipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Here is a little pack I made. I mainly made this for my NHL jerseys preview image but they can be used by everyone

Its all 30 NHL team captains*

*Few teams such as NJ and SJ do not have captains so I went with players of captain caliber. Enjoy!

Oh yeah PS - Theres a much better looking Getzlaf in this pack then in my Anaheim Pack.
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote