Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Ability to Get Fired?

can this be added?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

yes yes yes this! I want it so badly, I hate having to fire myself.. I always give myself "1 more year" to turn things around ;P
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Agreed, this one was on my biggest disappointments with the game really. I want my horrible managing/GMing to mean something. If I piss off the owner, there should be consequences. I've never even had a spending cap contraction, and there were times in my 160+ year dynasty in iOOTP12 that I should most definitely have been fired.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe you just add an option in line with the other options (allow DH, allow trades/injuries etc) to allow firing

Think the Devs said way back when that this was implimented to be a bit more forgiving to the newer players ...

Think the finance aspect is a different proposition. In other games (Football Manager for example) if you are way over budget then the board take control and force transfers through without you having any say in the matter to ultimately bring the account back in order .... think this might be good as I have ended up about $100M over budget one season once arbitration kicked in.
Granted I couldn't sign anyone or resign guys whose contacts were due to expire but I still had the option to continue way over budget for the entire season !
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spharv2 View Post
Agreed, this one was on my biggest disappointments with the game really. I want my horrible managing/GMing to mean something. If I piss off the owner, there should be consequences. I've never even had a spending cap contraction, and there were times in my 160+ year dynasty in iOOTP12 that I should most definitely have been fired.
... or should have died

160 years .. WOW !!
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
... or should have died

160 years .. WOW !!
Yes, I outlived around 10 owners. I'm sure my 150 year old son would have continued on the tradition.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG719 View Post
can this be added?
I can not understand why this feature was omitted?
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #8
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Can a developer answer this?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Still curious for a response...
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Anybody???? This seems like it should be added, along with a player creator
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #11
BradC
All Star Starter

I'll ask Sebastian, but my guess right now is that we probably won't add this, as iOOTP's strengths lie in its simplicity. We can't include everything that's in OOTP.

Same with the player creator. Since we added a player editor this year, not sure a player creator will be coming any time soon, but I'll ask about that too.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I'll ask Sebastian, but my guess right now is that we probably won't add this, as iOOTP's strengths lie in its simplicity. We can't include everything that's in OOTP.

Same with the player creator. Since we added a player editor this year, not sure a player creator will be coming any time soon, but I'll ask about that too.
I don't feel like a player creator is even necessary at all with the player editor. Just edit some nobody prospect into whatever player you want to add. I'd love the ability to be fired but if there's one thing I want most its a league editor for next year as a nice sequel to the player editor
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #13
BradC
All Star Starter

I asked Markus and Sebastian about the player creator and the ability to get fired. Markus liked both ideas and asked Sebastian to add them to the to-do list. I don't know if they could get added to this version, but my guess is probably not, since Sebastian is dealing with FHM 2014 *and* 2015 right now and likely won't turn his attention to iOOTP again until after FHM 2015 ships. (Release date TBA, but sometime this fall.)

If those things are added to iOOTP, it will probably be next year.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I asked Markus and Sebastian about the player creator and the ability to get fired. Markus liked both ideas and asked Sebastian to add them to the to-do list. I don't know if they could get added to this version, but my guess is probably not, since Sebastian is dealing with FHM 2014 *and* 2015 right now and likely won't turn his attention to iOOTP again until after FHM 2015 ships. (Release date TBA, but sometime this fall.)

If those things are added to iOOTP, it will probably be next year.
So are we getting any more updates to iOOTP this year?
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
BradC
All Star Starter

Right now, unfortunately, you should assume there won't be any more updates. Sebastian is hard at work on the FHM 2014 update while simultaneously dealing with FHM 2015 development, so he has zero time to focus on iOOTP. He won't have time until after FHM 2015 ships, at which point baseball will be done or almost done, so I don't know if it would make sense for an iOOTP update anyway.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 PM   #16
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Could this feature be implemented to MLB manager 15 in an update sometime?
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote