Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
pumph
Minors (Single A)

Looking for a college league - if one exists

Been playing OOTP since the original game. Have recently upgraded to 14.

What I am looking for is a bit different. But with all of the customization available, I was wondering if anyone had a league like what I am envisioning. If there is a league out there where you control a college baseball program, I'm extremely interested.

If you're not sure what I mean, here's what I'm looking for:

4-year player turnover (Players' careers are 4 seasons long, then they "graduate")

Conferences set up to model the real-life landscape of NCAA Baseball

Postseason set-up to model the NCAA regional/super regional/college world series format.

"Recruiting" of high school players would basically be a yearly player draft of incoming freshmen (and some upper class "junior college transfers") unless someone has a more advanced method that I have not thought of.

Players' skill progression would be expedited to model the growth of the players' skills from the ages of 18-22.

In a perfect world (for me) the 1-10 ratings scales would be used, along with coaches and scouts, sims would be no more than 2-3 times per week, with only a minimal number of games in each sim (due to the shortened collegiate schedule)

If such a league exists - please reply with a link. Willing to wait on a waiting list if no current opening exists.

Thanks
pumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
DaKilla64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would love to be involved as well
DaKilla64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Me too
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
frankduffy93
Bat Boy

This would be awesome, I'm just looking for any relatively new league right now!
frankduffy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
atsather
Minors (Single A)

Really cool idea. Would definitely be interested too.
atsather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

the foundation for a league like this is already set up. There is an add-on that has already created the league file to do this with,. The biggest issue I see is the fact that there are 108 teams playing a 54 game schedule and you would obviously have many teams that were run by the computer This particular file sends 32 teams to the playoffs tournament ,which are all a best of 3 games series. While this would certainly be very cool, ....But I think it could be done.

I do not think that there is an actual on-line league that nuns an NCAA format right now. I'm messing around with that league files now to check the viability of it's use in an on-line league
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
frankduffy93
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
the foundation for a league like this is already set up. There is an add-on that has already created the league file to do this with,. The biggest issue I see is the fact that there are 108 teams playing a 54 game schedule and you would obviously have many teams that were run by the computer This particular file sends 32 teams to the playoffs tournament ,which are all a best of 3 games series. While this would certainly be very cool, ....But I think it could be done.

I do not think that there is an actual on-line league that nuns an NCAA format right now. I'm messing around with that league files now to check the viability of it's use in an on-line league
That's awesome, please make sure to let us know how that goes! As a college player I would love to be involved with this, both as a manager and anyway I could possibly help out. Not sure what I can do since I'm pretty new but I'm willing to learn!
frankduffy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
mrking81012
Minors (Single A)

I think, in a perfect world, it would be really cool to have a full online league of all D1 colleges, minor league teams, AND MLB teams. Talk about immersive
mrking81012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Gator
Minors (Double A)

Dibs on the Gators!
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote