Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 04:27 AM   #1
kq76
Global Moderator

Talking OOTP5 Excel History!

For a history of the updates, please see the following post.

Introducing OOTP5 Excel History v5.21 !

In the early days of my OOTP experience, I created a small excel workbook to track some of the stats for my solo OOTP league. As time progressed I added more and more to it and after awhile I decided I should try to make it useful and available to others. And so, after much tweaking and optimizing I am finally ready to offer it to the OOTP community.

"So what exactly does it do? Why would I want to use it?", you ask.

Basically, it is an excel workbook that uses CommishJoe's Exporter CSVs to create a statistical history of a league. It is like Cato's html history, but with two main differences: 1) mine does not create html files, but 2) it does allow you to record and analyze numerous stats easily.

It keeps track of the following (helpful for determining awards or evaluating players) for each year:

-full team win / loss records
-top 10 batters
-top batter by position
-avg batter by position
-top 10 starting pitchers
-top 10 relief pitchers
-avg pitchers by position
-top fielder by position
-avg fielder by position
-top 3 rookie batters
-top 3 rookie pitchers
-top 10 postseason batters
-top 10 postseason pitchers

It also tracks over the years:

-full team win / loss records totals, averages, and ranks
-number of award winners (or top nominees) by team and by position
-stat averages above a set minimum criteria

And finally, and perhaps most interestingly, it records every stat by every player for every year so you can find both single season records (AB, AP, and AF sheets) and career records (APT sheet) with a simple sort.

"Great! So where do I get it and how do I use it?", you say.

You can download the 130KB (approx.) zip file at the following sites:

mine - http://geocities.com/kq76/ootp/

For those who want to add it to their mods site, just let me know and I'll add your link here. Geocities has a download limit, so additional sites are appreciated.

If all else fails, then just email me and I will email it back to you.

When you open the excel file, it will ask if you want to update links, click "No". It might also ask if you want to "enable macros". You need to for it to work. I promise they are safe, but if you want to make sure, just run it through a virus scanner. From there, just follow the short "directions" on the "home" sheet and the workbook will do the rest. After that, you peruse the sheets for whatever you may be interested in.

If you have any questions, or comments, please let me know. I can be contacted by PM.

Thank you and enjoy,
Kier

P.S. I would like to give a special thank you to all the previous utility makers for enhancing my OOTP experience.

Last edited by kq76; 03-13-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:29 AM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

Update History:

-Significantly improved processing time, especially for large leagues, by improving the deleterows VB code
-Added the ability to change the CSVs path
-Increased the # of rows to process for the advanced filter procedures. Some large leagues had more players fitting the criteria than I had allowed for, but now even leagues with the max of 40 teams should be ok.
-Edited the directions
-Added troubleshooting, contact info, and wish list sections.
-Reorganized the home sheet.
-Shrunk size by deleting blank cells shown by scrollbar

-Redid the VB code for it to also work with Excel 97
-Added sheet links on the home sheet
-Changed sheet names to be more intuitive
-Added Glossary (below)
-Fixed problem with RL stat
-Fixed TRST Averages and Ranks for expansion teams

-Fixed a problem with the year data caused by 5.11

-Took away ability to change the path of the CSVs. Until, I find a better workaround, put the exported CSVs into c:\CSVs.

-Added buttons to add new years: 1) without career stats and 2) with only career stats (Please note that doing 1 of these may screw up something (the ATm sheet, etc) that uses the # of years added data. To fix it, manually change it in the references sheet.)
-Optimized the career sheets' code
-Added sort buttons to career sheets
-Added sheets: ATm, APn, Avgs
-Added button to initialize workbook (deletes all added data)
Old 06-03-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
doubles
Major Leagues

Thanks for this!
Just wondering, does it track player's career stats?

I couldn't seem to find which heading it was under.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 01:04 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by doubles
Just wondering, does it track player's career stats?
If you select an option with the "All" sheets, yes it does. Sheets AB, AP, and AF will record their stats year by year and sheet APT will record their cumulative or career stats.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:01 AM   #5
MannyTrillo
All Star Reserve

This sounds pretty neat... basically I'm looking for a mod that will generate richer stat databases than the game does. However, I don't know much about what I'm doing with stuff, and I don't want something that's labor intensive anyways. This one looks a lot easier and simpler than something like Cato's, is that the case? Is this about the easiest stat viewer mod out there?

Poster emeritus

"Not butchery, dining!!"

obt sk cmh ct

President, A-1 Aces OT Posting Club
Click here to join
Old 06-10-2003, 04:07 AM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

I'll let others speak for it, but my goal for it is to provide exacty what you said, a richer easier stat viewer. I believe it is, and I hope to make it even more so. That said, I will definitely look into incorporating any suggestions to that end. Try it out and let me know.