Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:52 AM   #1
scurvycure
Minors (Single A)

Commisioner mode - am I doing this right?

I want to have control over every team's free agent signings. I set the league up electing Commissioner Mode and have not chosen any one team to control. I am stuck trying to figure out how to get any of the free agents onto any team's roster. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Mike
scurvycure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

Need to go into the tab league functions. In the middle half way down there is a tab to control all the teams. You will have control over each teams draft, trades, etc..
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
scurvycure
Minors (Single A)

Thank you! I had selected the option slightly above that to not allow the ai to make roster changes (or something to that effect) but didn’t think to try the option you suggested. I don’t want to select lineups and batting orders. Anyhow, I’ll check it out.
Mike
Old 08-23-2019, 12:58 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you may need to go per team and change responsibilities in the coach's office area.

not sure if the league function mentioned above to control each one enables screen that or not, since without a human coach it may not be accessible or even present. you may need to create 30 human GM. comissioner mode will allow you to avoid switching to each one for many tasks, but not all. with some things you'll have to change to that team's gm, like to sign a FA.

anyway, that would definiteyl allow you to assign certain responsibilities to the AI and keep FA signing controlled by teh 'human' gm.

strongly suggest unchecking "do not allow ai to make roster changes" or whatever the exact phrase is. if you forget and there are 2 SP in teh rotation... it will use only 2 sp in the rotation... it literally does nothing, as it says. you forget 1 little thing for any of the teams in your league and you screw it up, lol. *** been a few years, but i doubt how it functions has changed.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-23-2019 at 01:02 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
scurvycure
Minors (Single A)

Yes, you are correct. On the options tab of each team's manager's office it is possible to fine tune what the AI's duties are for each team. I am loving all of the options. I plan to play day by day and keep a close eye on injuries until I get a better feel for how everything works. Thanks for your advice!