Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #121
daves
Hall Of Famer

Better auction search ability. Like to search for certain attributes.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #122
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Better auction search ability. Like to search for certain attributes.
Even simply searching for handedness would be very helpful.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #123
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see a more comprehensive Player Comparison screen.
It's an incredibly useful tool, but, oddly, doesn't include all of the available information.

It should at least cover these twenty attributes, and may as well include the Potential ratings as well.

Thank you.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:32 PM   #124
comat0se
Bat Boy

Suggestion: Achievement for Division Win

I clinched the division pennant today and figured I'd get an achievement for this with a chunk of perfect points... but nothing at all. Seems like something that big would be rewarded.
comat0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #125
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comat0se View Post
I clinched the division pennant today and figured I'd get an achievement for this with a chunk of perfect points... but nothing at all. Seems like something that big would be rewarded.
Your points for making the playoffs come after the regular season is done.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:08 AM   #126
barles_charkley
Bat Boy

OOTP Start Screen

A suggestion would be to put the OOTP Start Screen option under the "main" tab at the same place it is for the rest of the game (none Perfect Game mode).
barles_charkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:12 AM   #127
Fashoda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical Packs?

Would it be possible to have historical packs featuring only historical players as an option? I've enjoyed putting together a historical only team.

As historicals are bronze players minimum, perhaps price of 2500-3000 pp would be appropriate?
Fashoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:43 AM   #128
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Love this idea
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #129
BKL
All Star Reserve

Hide Scores Still Shows Playoff Game Winner - Can We Hide It?

When you are in the playoffs, if you hit "Hide Scores" which makes it more fun to watch replay, you can still know which team won the game because it will say "NY leads series 1-0" etc.

Is there anyway to hide that sentence as to who is leading the series in playoffs? If you are following the series and know your team is leading the series, for example, 3-2, and then the next game you log in it says "Series tied 3-3" obviously your team lost the last game. So even if the score is hidden, you lose some of the dramatics.

Can this be changed so that if you check "Hide Scores" it also hides that sentence?

Thank you.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #130
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
When you are in the playoffs, if you hit "Hide Scores" which makes it more fun to watch replay, you can still know which team won the game because it will say "NY leads series 1-0" etc.

Is there anyway to hide that sentence as to who is leading the series in playoffs? If you are following the series and know your team is leading the series, for example, 3-2, and then the next game you log in it says "Series tied 3-3" obviously your team lost the last game. So even if the score is hidden, you lose some of the dramatics.

Can this be changed so that if you check "Hide Scores" it also hides that sentence?

Thank you.
I haven't noticed a sentence like that when I've hidden scores, but I try to avoid looking at anything unnecessary until I replay the game. One time I was spoiled when I was up 3 games to 2 and noticed my coins took a huge jump, so I assumed I won the game (though I guess a couple pplayers could have hit for the cycle in a loss.)

So if the coin total could be hidden too, that would be great.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #131
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashoda View Post
Would it be possible to have historical packs featuring only historical players as an option? I've enjoyed putting together a historical only team.

As historicals are bronze players minimum, perhaps price of 2500-3000 pp would be appropriate?
As someone who is only interested in putting together a historical team, I heartily endorse this idea.

Last night, since we are headed to reset, I decided to use my 25k in pp on packs just for the sake of opening them. I believe in the 25 packs I opened, I don't believe I found enough historical players, no matter the ranking, to even field a team. I ended up with 4 or 5 golds but if we were live, I would have not hesitated to put all of them up for auction.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #132
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashoda View Post

Not even close. Guaranteed no card below a bronze and every card is twice as rare as MLB2018 cards. I would price it at 10,000pp at least.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #133
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Not even close. Guaranteed no card below a bronze and every card is twice as rare as MLB2018 cards. I would price it at 10,000pp at least.
Yeah, that's the biggest flaw with a historical pack. We'd either have to grossly over-weight the lower ranked cards, at which point you would have dozens of copies of the bronze players from the sets, or it would have to be priced extremely high. And even then, it might still be very hard to balance it just due to how good even the worst historical cards are.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #134
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, that's the biggest flaw with a historical pack. We'd either have to grossly over-weight the lower ranked cards, at which point you would have dozens of copies of the bronze players from the sets, or it would have to be priced extremely high. And even then, it might still be very hard to balance it just due to how good even the worst historical cards are.
Matt, Orcin mentioned just above that historical cards are twice as rare as regular cards.

Is that an accurate estimate of the relative rarity of Live s Historical cards? I don’t know if it’s secret information or not this be curious to find out the odds of pulling say, a silver historical card vs a Live silver, or something of that nature.

If you can’t say, that’s cool but I’m just trying to figure out the difficulty ahead I’m facing. I built a r allowed good historical team in beta but maybe I was extremely lucky.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #135
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Matt, Orcin mentioned just above that historical cards are twice as rare as regular cards.
Going by what I see on the Auction House, they are clearly MORE rare. Exactly how much more, I don't know but double seems like a pretty conservative estimate to me. Or maybe nobody sells historical cards.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #136
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
What about a pack that was guaranteed to have x number of historical cards?
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #137
Thalion
Major Leagues

Yes, I think that twice as rare is a conservative estimate as well. I'm just trying to get a feeling as to how rare. Don't need an exact number. A general approximation is perfectly fine with me.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #138
Malberts
Bat Boy

Couple of Suggestions

Just finished my third full season in the beta (really enjoying the game) and have the following suggestions:

1. There should be a cut off date where you can no longer change your team. The fact that I could still upgrade my team in the post season felt like I was cheating a bit. Deadline could be Sep 1st or end of the season but I think you should have to define your 25 man roster for the full playoff run without any changes.

2. I would like a way to look at the final playoff results from prior year on Monday morning after the season has advanced. Not sure if I'm missing something but not knowing the final results of the prior season has been a frustration.

As mentioned above, I'm really enjoying the game and looking forward to the launch!

I'm interested in any feedback.

Malberts20
Malberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #139
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malberts View Post
Just finished my third full season in the beta (really enjoying the game) and have the following suggestions:

1. There should be a cut off date where you can no longer change your team. The fact that I could still upgrade my team in the post season felt like I was cheating a bit. Deadline could be Sep 1st or end of the season but I think you should have to define your 25 man roster for the full playoff run without any changes.

2. I would like a way to look at the final playoff results from prior year on Monday morning after the season has advanced. Not sure if I'm missing something but not knowing the final results of the prior season has been a frustration.

As mentioned above, I'm really enjoying the game and looking forward to the launch!

I'm interested in any feedback.

Malberts20
Agreed. This was also discussed here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=295801

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:25 PM   #140
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
As someone who is only interested in putting together a historical team, I heartily endorse this idea.

Last night, since we are headed to reset, I decided to use my 25k in pp on packs just for the sake of opening them. I believe in the 25 packs I opened, I don't believe I found enough historical players, no matter the ranking, to even field a team. I ended up with 4 or 5 golds but if we were live, I would have not hesitated to put all of them up for auction.
My suggestion for you is to watch the auction house. Theres no way I could have put together a pre-1940 team by opening packs.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote