Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-09-2018, 10:34 PM   #261
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Dog View Post
Feature request: ''Salary cap'' for every level of the universe. This way, it will be really challenging for everyone buying or not Perfect Points. It's not cool to see teams with only Diamond and Perfect players winning a Bronze League!!

For example:

Bronze: 1500 overall rating (25 players with 60 average rating)
Silver: 1625 overall rating (25 players with 65 average rating)
Gold: 1750 overall rating (25 players with 70 average rating)
Diamond: 2000 overall rating (25 players with 80 average rating)
Perfect: No salary cap (25 players with 100 average rating)
The Champion of my Bronze league have an overall total of 2103 rating points! Average of 84 points per player (including bullpen and bench)! I feel something is wrong for a ''bronze'' league!
Old 12-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #262
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can use Trout right now! Your total overall rating needs to be under the salary cap! Trout uses 100 of your 1500 points for a bronze league.
And the rest of your team has to average 58. Lots of fun!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #263
SF_49er
Minors (Single A)

My suggestion:

"seasons earnings" on the history & achievements page.

This means that all Perfect Points count together and will be shown in the row of the year.

Example:

Year Level................Record.....................Pl ayoffs.....PP earned
2019 Bronze Level 76-86, .469, 24 GB......No.............3.800 PP
2020 Bronze Level ....................................Yes........... .4.340 PP

and so on
SF_49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:17 AM   #264
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Feature request: ''Salary cap'' for every level of the universe. This way, it will be really challenging for everyone buying or not Perfect Points. It's not cool to see teams with only Diamond and Perfect players winning a Bronze League!!

For example:

Bronze: 1500 overall rating (25 players with 60 average rating)
Silver: 1625 overall rating (25 players with 65 average rating)
Gold: 1750 overall rating (25 players with 70 average rating)
Diamond: 2000 overall rating (25 players with 80 average rating)
Perfect: No salary cap (25 players with 100 average rating)
Cute how people want to call it a "feature" when their own reluctance to spend is solved by hamstringing everybody else and soiling the company's bottom line.

This has been brought up dozens of times. It is not going to happen. Period.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:02 AM   #265
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Cute how people want to call it a "feature" when their own reluctance to spend is solved by hamstringing everybody else and soiling the company's bottom line.

The restrictions Mat Dog suggest are pretty bad imho. But you're wrong if you think everybody who thinks that some kind of limitation or proggressive system would be beneficial have reluctance to spend money.

I have played a ton of FIFA UT and spended money on it.

The main problems that i have with OOTP PT right now are two:

You can buy players directly with money. No second currency.

This provokes inflation on top cards. No logical reason (besides enjoyment or gamble necessity) to open packs with money, unless packs have higher value (when selling players) than his cost. You can buy the players that you want directly on the AH. Not enough packs opened, which leads to low supply of some cards and with no cap on prices only rich people (in reallity) could afford it.

This ruins the journey of building the perfect team (or the journey to obtain some specific player) to me. And could potentially make some cards unobtainable.

Big disparity isn't good gameplay-wise. Especially on a manager game.

Other games have the hand skills factor to close gaps, manager games don't. I dont find enjoyment steamrolling opponents or the opposite.

With the actual conditions the game is too much PTW imho. The devs think that promotions will solve this eventually, and should do it in most cases. But nothing can guarentee that you wont have a stacked team in your division when new teams from entry pools arrive every week.

You can have fun with PTW conditions nonetheless but lets not pretend that this isnt PTW.

EDIT:

The process of building a team step by step is the fun part to me, with restrictions i could spend money and still have to rebuild my team week to week, use different cards, etc. I could restrict myself and do this anyway (what i actually do) but at the expense of getting steamrolled by stacked teams (ptw) and harming the devs by not spending money.

Last edited by Asov; 12-10-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #266
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

If you win a bronze league with Diamond and Perfect players, what will you accomplish after that? It' like winning the minor league with a MLB team. Boring... I don't mind spending money in the game (already did) but I also want a challenge week after week!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:13 AM   #267
edg1931
Bat Boy

Spending

As someone who has spent 80.00 in buying perfect points to build a pretty good team, it's kinda like that in baseball now. You have the teams who spend like the Yankees, and you have teams who want to run a more fiscally responsible organization. The teams who pay to have better players will continue to move up the ranks faster, this evening out the lower ranks.

I've played OOTP since the 2nd version, and it's my one thing that gets me away from owning 3 businesses, so spending 100.00 isn't that big of a deal, but for others I understand that it's a lot of money. I would love to be going up against players who are more committed to spending, but I think that's what the first few seasons will help even out.

A trading of cards system should be the top priority. It would be cool to trade cards with other players and maybe throw in perfect points to even out trades as another way to use points.

I also think adding injuries into play will add an element of strategy to keep some good players in your reserve roster. The AI can pull from the reserve roster during sims to make the rosters work. I think it would make people think about giving up some of the more versitle cards, or it will add a lot of value to some players who can play multiple positions.
edg1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:30 AM   #268
Asov
Minors (Single A)

This is funny as hell, im not mad or anything, believe me. I finished season one 68-94, 4th in my division, below 8th on my conference, below 16th in the league. I had one crazy stacked team on my division, a pretty good one with lots of platinums/golds, and several stacked teams on my conference. But my team got promoted somehow.

Now is crazy, 4 stacked teams on my division alone. Goodbye new season hopes.

I can post pics if people want, but believe me, it doesnt look good for my team.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #269
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edg1931 View Post
As someone who has spent 80.00 in buying perfect points to build a pretty good team, it's kinda like that in baseball now. You have the teams who spend like the Yankees, and you have teams who want to run a more fiscally responsible organization. The teams who pay to have better players will continue to move up the ranks faster, this evening out the lower ranks.

I've played OOTP since the 2nd version, and it's my one thing that gets me away from owning 3 businesses, so spending 100.00 isn't that big of a deal, but for others I understand that it's a lot of money. I would love to be going up against players who are more committed to spending, but I think that's what the first few seasons will help even out.

A trading of cards system should be the top priority. It would be cool to trade cards with other players and maybe throw in perfect points to even out trades as another way to use points.

I also think adding injuries into play will add an element of strategy to keep some good players in your reserve roster. The AI can pull from the reserve roster during sims to make the rosters work. I think it would make people think about giving up some of the more versitle cards, or it will add a lot of value to some players who can play multiple positions.
I understand your point. But managing the Yankees in minor A team seems not fun for me. At MLB level it's different.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #270
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I understand your point. But managing the Yankees in minor A team seems not fun for me. At MLB level it's different.
There is a promotion feature so this problem solves itself.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #271
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
If you win a bronze league with Diamond and Perfect players, what will you accomplish after that? It' like winning the minor league with a MLB team. Boring... I don't mind spending money in the game (already did) but I also want a challenge week after week!
I agree. I am not willing to keep buy points in order to try and compete with some one who bought enough points to come the the top most players. If you have to buy a lot of points to compete there is no skill to that. Because of this is why I will not continue playing PT. It is not fun under these circumstances.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #272
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There is a promotion feature so this problem solves itself.
Winning a Go Kart Championship with a Nascar is not a great accomplishment...
Old 12-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #273
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Winning a Go Kart Championship with a Nascar is not a great accomplishment...
But it only happens once and then your car gets promoted. Are you not listening?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #274
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
But it only happens once and then your car gets promoted. Are you not listening?
Why only once? Are new teams not allowed to purchase PP?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #275
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
If you lose to a bunch of whales, just wait til next week and they'll be gone. Just let the promotion/relegation do its thing and it'll be just fine. Be patient.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #276
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asov View Post
Why only once? Are new teams not allowed to purchase PP?
You aren't going to have the rush of players buying points like they were in the beginning of a brand new game. I had 4 whales in my division last week. This week I have none and will probably compete to make the playoffs.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #277
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
You aren't going to have the rush of players buying points like they were in the beginning of a brand new game. I had 4 whales in my division last week. This week I have none and will probably compete to make the playoffs.
Lucky you.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #278
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asov View Post
Lucky you.
I was hardly lucky last week. I have a pretty decent team who got destroyed by whales. If you don't like playing this week, just come back next week for a new experience.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #279
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I was hardly lucky last week. I have a pretty decent team who got destroyed by whales. If you don't like playing this week, just come back next week for a new experience.
I have fun anyway and love the mode, that doesnt mean it cant be improved.

Last edited by Asov; 12-10-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #280
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
So this week you will compete in the F1600 Championship with your Formula One. Seems not fun at all!

Perfect points needs restrictions for every level. In 3 weeks, you will access Perfect Level easily with a Yankee team. What will you accomplish after this easy road to success?