Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
geopet
Bat Boy

Help With Setting Team Strategy

Hi All,

I'm guessing I just don't know what I'm doing here, but I figured I'd ask here before thinking it was a bug.

I'm managing a single A team and I can't seem to change the team strategy outside of the presets.

This is what the screen looks like:

You'll see that none of the arrows can be clicked on, and I can't seem to modify the settings at all. This setting has been set by selecting the sabermetric preset from the drop down.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks!

- Geoff

Last edited by geopet; 05-11-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: clarifying title
geopet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

You're playing as manager only, I presume?
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I think it's because you don't get to control strategy in the minors - but haven't done it enough to be sure. This manual entry seems to suggest it though.

Out of the Park Baseball Manual

"However, a minor league manager is only in charge of lineups and depth charts for his team, and managing games if you choose to play them out. Your GM (the computer) will handle all roster moves, transations, and trades."
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #4
geopet
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
You're playing as manager only, I presume?
Yeah. It doesn't look like you can play as the GM when you're in Single-A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I think it's because you don't get to control strategy in the minors - but haven't done it enough to be sure. This manual entry seems to suggest it though.

"However, a minor league manager is only in charge of lineups and depth charts for his team, and managing games if you choose to play them out. Your GM (the computer) will handle all roster moves, transations, and trades."
What you're saying, Peregrine, along with that reference to the manual, makes sense.

Thanks to both of you! It seems like I just didn't know what I was getting in to.

- Geoff
geopet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:21 AM   #5
IsaacR
Major Leagues

The strategies you're given... let's put it this way, some managers are unorthodox, whoever created this is very, VERY unorthodox.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
methom
Bat Boy

Question

I'm having the same issue here and I'm not sure the below is the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

I can set the strategies via the dropdown pre-sets just asthe original poster could, so this goes against the idea that you cannotset strategy in the Minors, plus I can do what I want strategy-wise still if Iplay out games PbP as I am the manager of this team, so again having theinability to set these sliders is at odds with that.

Slight complication here is that I am returning from a long absenceand my game is an import from OOTP13 via 14 and 15 demos, not sure if this isan artefact of that. I did notice that the game had been imported as GM only,but I popped in commissioner mode and sorted that out, just wondering if thereis another tick bock that may have been set during the import that is lockingout the ability to use the strategy sliders.

Any help gratefully appreciated as this is making the gameunplayable at the moment, I love paying minor leagues and working my way up,but due to the constant changing of the roster by my trigger happy GM the onlyway I have found to do that is to constantly adjust the strategy of the team dependingon the guys I have available at any one time. I can do this using PbP, but thatis taking soooo long!
methom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
methom
Bat Boy

Been playing with this all morning, and I'm convinced it's a bug.

The text in the left hand side box next to the strategy sliders says something like..

as you are the manager of this team you have full control over strategy, you can adjust it via the pre-sets of individually or via the player strategy options

Only you can't move the sliders individually.

A temporary work around is that whenever I want/need to adjust the strategy I pop into commissioner mode and move the sliders about, which work fine then. This is what has convinced me that it is a bug, as when I go back into non commissioner model all the strategies remain in place (they are not locked) until I want to change them again, this makes since as the strategy sliders represent the strategy of the manager, unless you override them, the is no manager, well there is, it is me, but that aside when everything goes back to AI control nothing changes, making me think that I should be able to do this without commissioner mode on.

I've posted in the bug thread.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
methom
Bat Boy

And to close this off, just had confirmation from Matt that this is a bug ..

"Yeah, it looks like we missed a case for minor league managers. Sorry about that - you'll have to keep using commish mode for now to change strategies. That will be fixed in the next patch."

Good to know the guys are on it