Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 05-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #1521
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
I'm planning to squeeze in a little preview of the International Conference and Development League. I also need to put some time aside to allocate the IC fighters to their individual groups for scheduling purposes (I'll be using the auto-scheduler for their fights).
Been working on this recently. Not exactly sure when the article will be done 'cause I have to get all the groups sorted before writing it.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #1522
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Forgot to tell you all that I bought a punching bag recently. Right now I'm 37, weigh 230 pounds and am as unfit as I have ever been in my entire life, so I need to do something about it. Walking the dog or even just going for walks by myself isn't going to cut it. I need to start doing the type of explosive exercise that boxing offers. It's one of those upright bags that stands on a spring with a water-filled base and I have it set up in a spare, empty bedroom at the house.

So far I have developed a 20-minute routine for myself that I'm going to stick to until I get to the point where I can do it without getting too tired. My plan is to do it on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and allow my body to recover on Thursdays and Sundays.

After warming up I start off with simple jabbing, fifty per hand until I've done 200 on each. I then do shallow, rapid hooks to the sides of the middle section of the bag, alternating lefts and rights until I've done 100. I do four sets of those. I then do little uppercuts to the bottom section of the bag. Once again, four sets of 100.

I then go onto hard single punches. 25 left hooks followed by 25 right hooks, followed by 25 straight lefts and 25 straight rights, followed by 25 left hooks to the body and 25 right hooks to the body. Then it's back to the rapid shallow hooks. Four sets of 100 to the side of the very top of the bag. I finish off by plowing alternate left and right hands straight into the bag, leaning forward slightly and just punching rapidly so that the bag doesn't even have a chance to spring back at me.

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 05-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #1523
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Made one of those "bite the bullet" decisions with this uni today. See, since I started it, I have been manually keeping track of each fighter's career stage from fight-to-fight. As you would imagine, this is a time-consuming task. I used random.org to assign the values for each career stage for each fighter.

I've now gotten to the point where I've decided that it's simply not worth it. The last straw came when I was about to sim the first series of heavyweight International Conference bouts and realised that for every one of the 324 fighters in the IC (36 fighters in each of the 9 divisions), I was going to have to check their career stage before each of the five bouts they'll be having during 2008. So that's a total of 1,620 manual career stage checks.

So, what I'll be doing is going through all the fighters who are involved in the World Championship Conference and IC and assigning them a current career stage. Once I've done that I'll run the auto-aging on all of them. As you guys would be aware from your own experiences with the game, this will mean that each fighter will be at the very beginning of the specific career stage I assign to them. This means that some fighters who would have currently been in the middle of their pre-prime stage will now be at the beginning of prime, while some who were in the middle of prime will end up at the beginning of post-prime. Some of them will stay exactly where they are. So it'll help some, but hinder others.

The parameters I'll be using for the aging will be:

Beginner: 5-10 fights
Pre-prime: 10-17 fights
Prime: 22-35 fights
Post-prime: 10-17 fights
End: 5-10 fights

So this allows for a career spanning 52-89 fights. This is something I really should have done when I started the uni, but I was a bit stubborn as I wanted it to be realistic by having all the fighters not only at various career stages, but also at different points within the individual career stage they were at. Doing it now will save me a lot of time going forward. Of course, situations will arise when I decide that one fighter or another should retire from the sport, long before they even reach their game-assigned retirement. It's no different to what happens in real life. Of course, I won't be doing that to any of our fictional fighters. All of them will hopefully have long, distinguished careers.

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 05-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #1524
comicfanman
All Star Starter

Great job as always!!!

I haven't been on the website for sometime and am catching up. Great write ups about SAM MCVEY

It's almost like watching real life sports!!!!

Hats off to you with your dedication to this and entertaining us all

Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #1525
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicfanman View Post
Great job as always!!!

I haven't been on the website for sometime and am catching up. Great write ups about SAM MCVEY

It's almost like watching real life sports!!!!

Hats off to you with your dedication to this and entertaining us all
Great to hear from you, cfm. And thanks for the kind words.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #1526
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't made any progress with the uni since my last couple of posts. That's in relation to what I said about the auto-aging, the groups for the IC and the first series of matchups in the WCC.

Was busy on the weekend and was not in the mood to work on the uni during the week before then. To be honest, I've been more interested in my basketball dynasty of late. Will try and make some headway with TGPiS this week, but I can't predict when the next article will appear.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #1527
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

TheSweetScience.com

TUESDAY 29 JANUARY 2008

International Conference and Development League
to provide plenty of excitement for IBL

Story by Bill Klein

In recent weeks almost all IBL-related news has focused on the World Championship Conference's impending commencement. However, boxing fans should not forget that competition in both the International Conference and Development League is also scheduled to kick off this Monday. Stand-alone International Conference fight cards will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week, starting with the junior-heavyweight division in week one and followed in each successive week by the welterweights, light-heavyweights, lightweights, featherweights, middleweights, flyweights, heavyweights and bantamweights. There will be an overlap in week nine (and every eighth week thereafter), where the junior-heavyweights will also complete their second series of bouts. Each division will feature 36 combatants with each taking part in five ten-round bouts throughout the 2008 IBL season, which ends on November 22.

The most high-profile competitor in the IC is Californian heavyweight Jack Johnson. The controversial slugger was on the verge of a shot at the world championship only ten months ago, with then-title holder Terone Haynes eager to fight Texas-born Johnson. But a loss to Germany's Scott Mundt in June ended his short-term chances and with a place in the WCC on the line, Johnson dropped a unanimous decision verdict to Ike Ibeabuchi of Nigeria in October. If that disappointment was not enough, Johnson then found himself right in the middle of the Sam McVey scandal as the "other man" in early November. He has kept a low profile since then, refraining from his usual nightlife activities and training within the grounds of his Brentwood home ahead of his opening IC bout on March 28. There are some who believe Johnson will struggle to stay motivated and disciplined throughout the entirety of the 2008 season and have said they won't be surprised if he ends up losing at least one of his five bouts.

The career of Virginia lightweight Pernell Whitaker stalled somewhat in 2007, as he only fought on two occasions. The Athens gold medallist signed a two-year contract with the IBO in February and contested for their inaugural North American championship in March on the undercard of the Ortiz-Brown world title fight. He knocked out Boston's Calvin Woods in the 8th round to win the belt, but like many others found himself in limbo when the organisation collapsed in May. He didn't step back in the ring until September, when he scored a unanimous decision win over Mexico's Oscar Trujillo. By the end of the month he had joined Francisco Ortiz and Patricio Marquez in pledging his allegiance to the IBL, but specifically requested to be placed in the International Conference. Whitaker (19-0(12)) is looking forward to a much more active and fruitful year in '08.

Others to keep an eye on include England's young former Inter-Continental champions Ian Lord (middleweight) and Ashley Jackson (welterweight). Both men fell to surprising defeats in the WCC qualifying tournament, with Lord suffering the double blow of missing out on a world title shot when he was disqualified against Los Angeles native Fred Boatwright in October. Jackson's loss was even more controversial as he was stopped on cuts in the final round of his July qualifier against the unfancied Filipino Roberto Cruz in a fight he was clearly winning. Jackson then vented his frustrations on Nigeria's Seyi Olofinjana with a 3rd round KO victory in an October IC qualifier. Both Lord and Jackson will be looking to re-establish themselves as contenders, and the only way to do that is to dominate their IC opposition throughout the coming ten months.

Promising flyweights Yoko Gushiken of Japan and the Filipino Pancho Villa were also expected to earn WCC berths but with their failure to do so, 2008 is a hugely important year for both of them. Knowing they'll be the class of their division, the task of getting through the year unscathed could be tricky as each opponent will be gunning for them. Villa has had a difficult time in the IBL, losing his first two fights before running off a streak of four victories only to be upset by Manuel Vargas in the first WCC qualifying stage. Gushiken lost for the first time as a professional in his own October qualifier against the more experienced Thailander Saman Sorjaturong, the defeat coming after he had been 7-0-2 in his previous nine league bouts. It will be interesting following their progress in the International Conference.

While the IC is the realm of pugilists on the verge of contendership, the Development League will accomodate those still in the process of building their careers. The IBL has managed to snare a number of the world's most promising young fighters in recent months, such as the power-punching light-heavyweight Damien Walec. Having started his career in the 168-pound division almost twelve months ago, this New Jersey slugger confirmed last November that he would be competing under the IBL banner in 2008 as a light-heavyweight. Walec has been fighting in the 175-pound weight class since October, recording four wins in the division to improve his record to 13-0(12). The last of these came just this past Saturday in Atlantic City against Jacksonville's Teddy Brown, Walec knocking him out cold in the 3rd round.

Ohio-based Earnie Shavers and Grand Rapids native Tony Tucker are contenders of the future but for now they'll be plying their trade in the Development League. A heavyweight, Shavers made his pro debut in November '06, signed with the IBL last June and has accumulated a 12-0(12) record to date. Amongst those wins are six 1st round stoppages, with none of the fights going beyond round three. Tucker only recently turned professional and will actually make his pro debut in the Development League after winning a light-heavyweight silver medal at October's world amateur championships in Chicago. Professionally, he'll be starting out in the junior-heavyweight division. Tucker could have fought on as an amateur until Beijing and most likely claimed an Olympic medal, but he has been itching to make the jump to the pro ranks and saw the beginning of the new year as a perfect time to do it.

Mexican middleweight Javier Aguirre, Canadian bantamweight George Dixon and Nicaragua's explosive featherweight Alexis Arguello are also expected to establish themselves in the DL. Aguirre debuted last March and takes a 9-0(6) mark into his first IBL outing. A silver medallist in Athens, Dixon made his professional debut in June '06 and signed with the league two months later with his record already 3-0. He was victorious in his first seven bouts but then suffered a shock 1st round knockout loss to Silence Mabuza last May. His status has been somewhat unclear since then, as the IBL's June announcement of the 2008 "re-boot" caused some uncertainty for their younger fighters. Dixon fought three times during the second half of '07, bouts that were more or less designed to keep him busy ahead of '08. Arguello only came to terms for a three-year contract with the league in November and has recorded nine victories since his pro debut last March.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #1528
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't made any progress with the uni since my last couple of posts. That's in relation to what I said about the auto-aging, the groups for the IC and the first series of matchups in the WCC.

Was busy on the weekend and was not in the mood to work on the uni during the week before then. To be honest, I've been more interested in my basketball dynasty of late. Will try and make some headway with TGPiS this week, but I can't predict when the next article will appear.
NOTE: This still pretty much applies, but I decided to go ahead and complete the IC/DL article without using certain details that prevented me from finishing it earlier. I'll be able to work on the January Boxing Monthly fight reviews now, as they aren't affected by the issues quoted above.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #1529
Professor Nutmeg
Bat Boy

Great stuff here mate! I really need a re-read of your uni.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #1530
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Yay, 50,000 views!

Thanks to everyone who has supported this uni during the last three and a half years. It's really appreciated!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #1531
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yay, 50,000 views!

Thanks to everyone who has supported this uni during the last three and a half years. It's really appreciated!
Thanks for sharing. Your universe is always a great read! I've enjoyed it from the start.
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #1532
Romdawg88
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yay, 50,000 views!

Congrats KC. From the HBF/IBL to TGPiS, you've been on a heck of a run and been pumping out some top quality stuff.

IBL: 13 - 4 (7)

Henry Armstrong > You.
Romdawg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #1533
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

January '08 Boxing Monthly fight reviews should be done in the next day or two. After that I can do the article for the Sydney card featuring Darcy and Fenech. That will get me to a point where I am completely up to date with everything I can review, and I'll then have to get to work on all that housekeeping I need to do.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #1534
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

BOXING
MONTHLY

VOLUME 30, ISSUE 1 - JANUARY 2008

(following are selected entries from the magazine's
"Fight Review" section)

5 January: Miami, Florida, USA
Antonio Hawkins (29-3-1(23)) TKO3 Anthony Mitchell (21-8-1(14))
(featherweight division)

Miami native Antonio Hawkins recorded his third victory in the last seven months, overwhelming Jacksonville's Anthony Mitchell and flooring him twice in the 3rd before the fight was stopped at the two-minute mark. Hawkins' trio of wins have all come against opponents who realistically had little chance of beating them, and after he suffered back-to-back losses to the Mexican Francisco Rivas in IBF title fights (in July and December '06). The 26 year-old said afterwards that he now feels ready to challenge for either the WBA or WBC belt, but whether he has earned the right to do so is another matter entirely.

12 January: Berlin, Germany
Thomas Schmelzer (29-2-1(19)) KO8 Ronnie Hayes (30-4-1(20))
(cruiserweight division, WBA title fight)

Germany's Thomas Schmelzer became a two-division alphabet champion, adding the WBA's 200-pound title to his collection with an 8th round knockout of San Diego native Ronnie Hayes. Schmelzer had claimed the association's light-heavyweight belt last May but immediately relinquished it and moved up to the cruiserweight division. Victorious in his September debut, he was rewarded with a shot at the title which itself had been vacated by his retired compatriot Philipp Ozil in October. Hayes challenged Carlos Deleon for the now-abolished IBF title in April '06 and had run off four consecutive wins since then. He gave Schmelzer all he could handle through the first seven rounds before being abruptly knocked out cold by a single left hook one minute into round eight. Although it was a conclusive ending, there is talk of a possible rematch.

19 January: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Roman Moreno (24-0(19)) TKO10 Gustavo Ballas (29-2(20))
(junior-bantamweight division, WBC title fight)

In an early contender for fight of the year, Panama's Roman Moreno defended his WBC 115-pound title for a fourth time with a 10th round stoppage of the Argentinian Gustavo Ballas. In doing so, Moreno also set up a likely unification showdown with WBA champion Giancarlo Arango for later in the year. Ballas was the WBO champion before the merger with the IBF at the beginning of '07 but was surprisingly (and easily) defeated by his compatriot Sergio Milito in the one and only IBO junior-bantamweight title fight in February. He was back in action last June, scoring a win over Venezuela's Emilio Pena and was only a handful of punches away from stopping a staggered Moreno in round six of their stoush. The champion had earlier been dropped by an uppercut in the 3rd, but rallied strongly after surviving the 6th. Ballas was floored in round eight and again in the 10th, where after absorbing a succession of unanswered blows he was saved from further punishment at the 2:14 mark of the frame.

19 January: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Frank Galvano (13-0(10)) TKO7 Mark Brewer (17-7-1(11))
(middleweight division)

It was revealed during the week leading into this fight that the WBC have earmarked Galvano as a future challenger for their 160-pound title: as long as he can get through 2008 undefeated. The arrangement has come about due to the association of Galvano's promoter, Tyrone Hillier, with the WBC. Bronx-born Galvano made a positive first step towards securing the title shot with a 7th round stoppage of Boston's Mark Brewer on the undercard of the Moreno-Ballas stoush. The WBC middleweight championship was most famously held by current super-middleweight contender Bert Lytell from April '04 to January '07 before he relinquished it following his defeat at the hands of Fulgencio Obelmejias with the council's vacant 168-pound strap on the line. Cleveland's Derrick Coles is the current champion, having claimed the vacant belt last March and defending it twice since.

26 January: Dallas, Texas, USA
Corey Glover (32-3-1(24)) UD12 Miguel Borgetti (35-6-2(24))
(junior-middleweight division, WBA title fight)

Dallas native Corey Glover stretched his reign as the WBA's 154-pound division champion to 31 months, defending the title for the sixth time with a comfortable unanimous decision win over Mexican veteran Miguel Borgetti. Last year, Glover twice defended the belt against New Jersey's James Patton, stopping him on cuts in March before knocking him out cold in three rounds in August. Borgetti moved up from the welterweight division in April, after almost scoring an upset win over Marcelo Smith in a March IBO title fight. A pair of wins against limited opposition were enough to earn him a shot at Glover. But the Texan was simply too quick and too classy for him, taking the verdict by scores of 118-110, 119-109 and 118-111.

26 January: Dallas, Texas, USA
Donnie Bates (41-3-1(32)) UD12 Lamon Taylor (23-3-1(15))
(heavyweight division)

Former WBC heavyweight champion Donnie Bates remained undefeated during his comeback, scoring a comfortable unanimous decision win over Los Angeles native Lamon Taylor (116-111, 117-110, 116-111) on the undercard of the Glover-Borgetti title fight. Taylor unsuccessfully challenged Marcelo Franks for the WBA belt twelve months ago and had scored two non-descript victories since then. Bates had been criticised over his selection of worn-out journeyman Michael Rice as his last opponent and Taylor was expected to provide a much sterner test for him. However, as he did against Franks, Taylor encountered a bout of stage fright which started at the opening bell and he was never in the contest. Bates dropped him for a five count in the 4th, but was content to keep the Californian on the outside with a crisp jab for the remainder. Unsurprisingly, Bates talked up his prospects of challenging for either the WBA or WBC belt in his next outing. In such barren conditions as are now in play, it's almost certain to happen.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #1535
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

The Sun-Herald

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2008

Darcy and Fenech victorious
at Entertainment Centre

Story by Michael Greenhill

Defending his world championship for the first time, middleweight boxer Les Darcy was given all he could handle by the promising young Canadian Greg Gorecky last night. Surprisingly, the bout went the full fifteen round distance, with Darcy prevailing by a unanimous decision verdict: 144-140, 145-139, 144-140. No doubt, those scores were closer than he would have been confidently expecting going into the evening, against an opponent who, while undefeated, was in just his fifteenth professional contest. But as is often the case in sports, Gorecky had absolutely nothing to lose in this title shot that had come only two years and two months into his career. In the evening's co-feature, Marrickville bantamweight Jeff Fenech had an easier time in defeating the Argentinian Ernesto Miranda by unanimous decision in a world title eliminator.

Gorecky's team arrived in Sydney at the beginning of the year, basing themselves here for the last four weeks of their training camp but also taking the opportunity to be tourists in our fine city. The 26 year-old is a native of Scarborough, a district of Toronto, and has become something of a celebrity in his homeland, not just for the undefeated run he has made in IBL competition but also because of the adversity he overcame during his childhood. Gorecky endured 44 different surgeries for a variety of physical ailments, but remained positive and optimistic throughout those hardships. Speaking on 2SM's "Talkin' Sport" last week he said those ordeals helped him build character and made it necessary to push himself to become mentally and physically strong.

With that in mind, it was probably not a shock when Gorecky started the fight so promisingly. The opening round was going Darcy's way before the Canadian stole it with a bottom half eruption, catching the champ with a right cross, a left-right-left flurry and a left hook all in the final sixty seconds. The next three rounds were equally competitive, although Darcy did just enough to secure them on each scorecard. However, when Gorecky dominated the 5th behind a piston-like left lead and a crunching right hand at the midpoint, it was clear Darcy had a legitimate challenge on his hands. This classic in the making stayed close through frames six and seven, Darcy having the better of the 6th before Gorecky controlled most of the 7th.

Darcy came out firing in round eight, stunning Gorecky early, staggering him with a pair of left hooks two minutes in and then flooring him with a jolting right cross twenty seconds before the bell. When the Maitland-born slugger followed it up with a dominant 9th it appeared that Gorecky's resistance was fading. But he found a second wind in round ten, rallying in its second half and rattling Darcy with a hard uppercut before producing a similar fightback late in the 11th. Darcy wore a frustrated countenance as he returned to his corner. The champion built what ended up being a winning lead by taking rounds twelve, thirteen and fourteen on all three cards as he finally seemed to have subdued the brave challenger. Darcy opened a cut outside Gorecky's left eyebrow a minute into the 14th, but it was not a serious wound.

The crowd came to their feet at the start of the final round, the two combatants touching gloves and nodding respect. It was clear from the opening seconds that Darcy had abandoned thoughts of a knockout, that he felt safe sacrificing the stanza as he concerned himself only with staying upright. He threw just a handful of punches, allowing Gorecky to take the frame with a busy three minutes. Darcy's strategy worked as he was never in danger of being dropped. Once again, the Entertainment Centre crowd came to their feet as the final seconds ticked away. After the verdict confirmed his victory, Darcy (32-2(24)) heaped praise on his opponent, calling Gorecky "a future champion" and saying that he deserved to remain in the world title picture going forward into the year and competition in the World Championship Conference.

When it was all said and done Darcy had landed an impressive 428 of 849 punches (50.4%), the tireless Gorecky 344 of 1,458 (23.6%). While Darcy talked up Gorecky's future prospects, he was not so positive in regards to the chances of a rematch, even though he would welcome one. Darcy cited the fact that John Mugabi had already been confirmed as the next world title challenger for June with his win over Mickey Walker on January 19 and that it's quite likely either Koichi Wajima or Mike McCallum will receive the final title shot of the year. When questioned about it, Gorecky (13-1-1(7)) and his team seemed unconcerned, focusing more on the positives to have come out of his encouraging performance. He deflected the question by simply shrugging and saying "The future will take care of itself."

(to be continued)

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 06-05-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #1536
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

(continuation)

For Darcy it was the second world title fight in a row where he had gone the entire fifteen rounds, following his epic championship-winning clash with Wajima in September. It now makes three fifteen-rounders the New South Welshman has participated in during the last fifteen months, as the inaugural IBL championship bout in December '06 (won by Wajima) also went the distance. When you throw in wins over Donato Paduano in March (TKO7) and Rubin Carter in June (UD12), Darcy has fought a remarkable 64 rounds over that fifteen month stretch. It gets no easier for him, though, as John Mugabi could end up being the toughest test of them all. Their clash is scheduled for Saturday, the 28th of June. Darcy implied during the post-fight interview that this will be his final year in the middleweight division. If so, he'll do extremely well to make it to December unscathed.

In contrast to his good friend's tussle, Jeff Fenech's win over Ernesto Miranda was a dominant one. The aggressive 23 year-old assumed command early and never relinquished it, dealing out some heavy punishment throughout the contest but especially in rounds one, two, five, seven, nine and ten. He sent Miranda to the canvas twice within a thirty-second period in the bottom half of the 10th and left him a bruised, swollen mess by the bout's end. Fenech took the verdict by scores of 118-108 from all three judges to claim his second shot at the world bantamweight championship. His first tilt was last March against Mexico's Gilberto Roman, the fight controversially stopped in round fourteen due to the severity of swelling around Fenech's eyes.

Following that loss, the only one of his career, Fenech recorded a 9th round TKO of Panama's Enrique Pinder in a September elimination semi-final to set up the clash with Miranda, who he had previously defeated on cuts in the January '07 Challenger's tournament final. Things went no better for Miranda last night. If anything he was further away from victory than he had been in the first meeting, even though he went the distance on this occasion. The South American was simply unable to handle Fenech's workrate and while he landed his punches with excellent accuracy, he could not match the Aussie's volume. Fenech (now 21-1(17)) connected with 334 of 1,199 punches (27.9%), Miranda 241 of 460 (52.4%). Miranda's record fell to 29-6-1(17) with the defeat, his third in five outings stretching back to that first clash against Fenech.

All three of those losses have been in world title eliminators and he joins Japanese flyweight Koki Kameda as the only fighters to have taken part in and lost three IBL eliminators. As a consequence it's highly unlikely he'll receive another chance in the near future, even if he goes through the rest of '08 undefeated. By contrast, Fenech joins Sydney heavyweight Peter Jackson in having a chance to emulate Darcy in bringing a world championship to Australia. Gilberto Roman lost the bantamweight title in a classic showdown with his compatriot Carlos Zarate in September. Their rematch takes place on February 23 in Mexico City, with Fenech now scheduled to take on the winner in early July.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #1537
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

I am now at a point where the story has caught up with the fights I've simmed, meaning at this point there's nothing left to review. The next day in the story is the 4th of February, the opening day of the 2008 IBL "season". What I now have to get done is:

1) Sort out all the International Conference groups
2) Schedule all of the opening bouts for the World Championship Conference
3) Auto-aging for all the fighters in the IBL, as discussed a few weeks back

I sent a PM to Mad Bomber informing him that I had reviewed his fighter's world title shot (Greg Gorecky). He hasn't been on the board since February and hasn't posted in the thread since August 2010, so I think it's safe to say he probably isn't following anymore. But I still find his character interesting and if he is successful during the WCC he'll remain as a top contender and a featured character in the story.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #1538
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

I have been away for quite some time, and looking forward to catching up on everything I have missed.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #1539
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am now at a point where the story has caught up with the fights I've simmed, meaning at this point there's nothing left to review. The next day in the story is the 4th of February, the opening day of the 2008 IBL "season". What I now have to get done is:

1) Sort out all the International Conference groups
2) Schedule all of the opening bouts for the World Championship Conference
3) Auto-aging for all the fighters in the IBL, as discussed a few weeks back
Making slow but gradual progress with these issues...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #1540
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Have to be honest and say that at this point I have no idea when I'll be continuing this. haven't opened the game for a couple of weeks. With it being the end of the financial year down here in Australia I am extremely busy at work for the next couple of weeks.

In addition, we are going to try to sell our house via auction at the end of July so getting the place ready for that will also take up quite a lot of my time and energy. Also have to find a new place to live, of course.

Those combined factors, along with a general lack of enthusiasm I am feeling for the sweet science right now, add up to an outcome where this uni is not near the top of my priority list right now. Sorry about that.