Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

What are best practices for AAAA guys not becoming stars in MLB

I love this game and am on my 6th full season with complete minors

One issue I have is that AAA or AA stars come up and shine in the show....Garry Hancock, Mike Richardt, Paul Serna and a couple others have lit up big league pitching....while it usually lasts one season Richardt has turned into one of the best 2B in the game....I am OK with the occasional star that never was in real life but wanted to see if perhaps I need to turn one of the evaluators down for this

Thanks for any input
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

I figure it makes up for the guys irl who were stars for 15 years but in the game get a career ending injury year 2,.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 AM   #3
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetarpress View Post
I love this game and am on my 6th full season with complete minors

One issue I have is that AAA or AA stars come up and shine in the show....Garry Hancock, Mike Richardt, Paul Serna and a couple others have lit up big league pitching....while it usually lasts one season Richardt has turned into one of the best 2B in the game....I am OK with the occasional star that never was in real life but wanted to see if perhaps I need to turn one of the evaluators down for this

Thanks for any input
I am on my 3rd season of playing Baltimore Orioles using Quickstart. (2019 season) I predictably stunk as in real life but found a rough cut gem in an unknown (to me) minor leaguer infielder named Wilson Guevara his batting is listed by scout Brady Anderson as Contact 34/34 Power 15/19 Eye 31/34 Defense 63 and a 1.5 star prospect at age 23.

The CPU Manager plays him in the 7th spot almost exclusively, first year in a limited role he was hitting .274 for Norfolk when I added him to the 40 man roster, he went on to hit .271 in 163 AB's in 47 games with 2 HR's and 24 RBI. Baltimore finished 2nd to dead last, my second round draft pick is a stud SS who started in bottom rung of minors but was in AA by end of year, still he couldn't beat out Guevera (now a 2 star and 39/41 hitting machine who now hits .283 and doubled his RBI to 47) for 2020.

Long story short is Guevera is now the starting shortstop for the Orioles in 2021. A 2.5 star player and increased every one of his metrics each year. So its the opportunity to play and secondly I got the best fielding bench coach I could buy along with Mark Grace as hitting coach... did wonders for this player and a few others. That's what I think does it -
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote