Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 05-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #1
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

H.R.Baker - All my Teams

Moving my 3 teams to this thread in attempt to make reporting a bit less time consuming. I'm still in awe at how Eugene Church and the other "Dynasty Kings" manage it. Today I'm out the door for another busy day, but had a few thoughts I wanted to put down first.

Chandler Electrics (Perfect) P2P, Investment $100.
4th Place, 21-33,.389, 14 GB
Pitching Category Avgs; 95-110-60
Batting Category Avgs; 95-65-66-81-63

This team is a bitter disappointment, and a .389 winning percentage. Altuve, Freeman, and Rendon batting .270s - the rest of the lineup no higher that .233. Six of Ten Pitchers with an ERA over 5.00 and only 1 pitchers under 3.00. An extensive review of my competition, however, confirmed the difference is in pitching. Although OVR and category average for the entire staff is similar, the team beating me up is a compilation of 9 "cream of the crop" starting pitchers filling out an 11 man staff. Purchase price comparison from current market shows a $300+ difference between staffs. Basically, a $100 investment can't compete

Hoping for relegation.

Pontiac Starchiefs (Gold) F2P
3rd Place, 28-24, .538, 1 GB
Pitching Category Avgs; 84-86-62
Batting Category Avgs; 84-63-65-68-52

Third season in Gold and cash-strapped. The team is in the upper half of the league, but can't seem to get anything sustainable going. Hoping we can earn enough APs to get this team over the top next season. (3 Diamonds, 14 Golds, 8 Silvers)

New York Knights (Bronze) F2P
20th Century Memorial Theme Team
2nd Place, 30-22, .577, 2 GB
Pitching Category Avgs; 81-79-61
Batting Category Avgs; 80-66-65-57-50

The Knights are trying their best to move to Silver this season. Added Hal Schumacher to the roster - trying to bolster the pitching staff. To anyone thinking of a "Theme Team" - warning - limiting yourself to only a portion of the entire player database is more than a challenge, it's actually hard. (13 Golds, 11 Silvers, 1 Bronze)

A little more detail next time I hope.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I must admit I'm feeling the same ...

I invested $ 70 in my first team and just recently decided to field two F2P-teams. And I must admit that I enjoy these two teams more than I'm enjoying my (also) underperforming first team
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Chandler Electrics (Perfect) P2P, Investment $100.
2024 Season, 65-97 .401, 48 GB, 4th Place, Team stays in Perfect

The Electrics continue to disappoint me. Started to sell off a couple (100) players that didn't perform well - replaced them with Diamonds with better category numbers. I'm giving this team another season to see if maybe I just had extra-ordinary bad luck. If nothing changes next week, I'll choose a new theme for the team.

Pontiac Starchiefs (Gold) F2P
2024 Season, 90-72 .556, 1st Place, Lost in Division Series, Team stays in Gold

This was a good season for the Starchiefs. I was disappointed they couldn't hold strong to earn a promotion, but they ARE competitive. Not sure yet if I'll save my PPs for the AH or take a chance on packs.

New York Knights (Bronze) F2P
20th Century Memorial Theme Team
2024 Season, 85-77 .525, 3rd Place, Team stays in Bronze

The Knights did their best to try and get into the Playoffs, but the Gods of Chaos threw an 11-16 September at them. Like I said earlier, trying to field a competitive team from only 20th Century players AND not spend any money isn't a walk-in-the-park.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

The 2025 Rosters
Attached Images
Image Image Image