Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #41
G-Force
All Star Starter

Note: When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to check out was the Sunday paper would run a full list of batting and pitching stats for everyone in baseball. I always used to check that list out. So I've always included it in wrapups in my dynasties. So here we go! Batters in order of average, pitchers in order of ERA (because that's how these used to do it! No WAR lol

ABL Stats Register - May 1, 2018

Batting

Pitching

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association

Last edited by G-Force; 02-09-2018 at 11:34 AM.
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #42
G-Force
All Star Starter

Newhouser Stung By Injury
Sacramento's young lefty ace done for season

SACRAMENTO (May 2, 2018) -- In a severe blow to the Stingers' postseason aspirations, top pitcher Hal Newhouser has been diagnosed with a torn labrum that will end his season.

His season ends with a 2-1 record and a 2.77 ERA in six starts.

Newhouser was the first pitcher taken in the Alltime Baseball League draft, his talent already evident at 19 and his promise off the charts. The injury is obviously a huge setback and a disappointment to the young hurler, although doctors do expect a full recovery.

"This kid's got a great future ahead of him," manager Lum Harris told reporters. "He'll be fine. But for now, we need to move forward with trying to win this division."

An uncompromising perfectionist known to be hard on himself and his teammates despite his youth, Newhouser's become quickly known for his mercurial temperament as much as his talent. He was, not surprisingly, unavailable to speak to the media about his injury.

Righthander Nick Strincevich, 25, will get the crack at Newhouser's spot in the rotation. He's thrown 4 1/3 scoreless out of the bullpen in limited action so far this season.
  • Appier also done for 2018. The Charlotte Cougars announced Kevin Appier tore the flexor tendon in his right elbow and will require season-ending surgery. Appier is 1-2 with a 5.04 ERA.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #43
G-Force
All Star Starter

Wright Stuff
After rare hot head, Omaha third baseman has been red hot

SACRAMENTO (May 16, 2018) -- It was completely unexpected.

A Roy Oswalt breaking ball off the outside corner rang up David Wright on April 13th - fittingly Friday the 13th - and Wright exploded at the umpire.

"We were stunned," manager Bruce Bochy said. "David's an intense competitor, but he's about the nicest, most respectful kid I've come across. I was slow getting out there to intervene because I, frankly, couldn't believe what I was seeing."

But there was Wright, nose-to-nose, eventually bumping the umpire - which he says was inadvertent, though he concedes it looked bad. He also concedes the resulting three-game suspension was justified.

"I can't lie and say it was to fire up the team," Wright said tonight looking back. "I was scuffling a bit at the time, and I just thought it was a real bad call in a tight game where I had a guy on second I could have driven in. My emotions just got the best of me that night."

Omaha won that game, 2-1 over Sacramento. And since returning from his suspension, Wright has been on fire.

He earned Player of the Week honors the week he returned, batting .526, and he's raised his overage overall since the incident from .265 to .337.

"I want to lead, and usually I try to do that by example," Wright says. "I set a poor example that night, so I'm just trying to do it on the field now."

Tonight's effort was proof, as Wright went 5-for-6 in Omaha's 11-1 win - coincidentally, over Sacramento. He drove in three, giving him 17 RBIs on the season, and his pair of doubles gave him nine so far.

"I feel great," Wright said. "We're not where we want to be," he said of the 19-21 Pioneers, "but we're getting there."

Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #44
G-Force
All Star Starter

May Report
Stats as of end of play May 31

Old 02-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #45
G-Force
All Star Starter

The ABL Batting and Pitching registers for May 31

Old 02-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #46
G-Force
All Star Starter

May Awards

Eastern League
Player of the Week

May 7: Chipper Jones (Orlando Orcas): had a lofty .458 average (11-for-24), collecting 1 home run, 7 RBIs and 5 runs scored.
May 14: Roy Campanella (Louisville Thoroughbreds) punished opposing pitchers with a .600 average, 12 hits in 20 at-bats, 1 home run and 4 runs batted in.
May 21: Robin Yount (Boston Riders) batted .450 with 9 hits in 20 at-bats, 2 home runs and 4 RBIs.
May 28: Will Clark (New York Heroes) batted .524 with 11 hits in 21 at-bats, 1 home run and 6 RBIs.

Batter of the Month

Chipper Jones
Orlando Orcas

posted a .390 batting average with 2 home runs, 23 RBIs and scored 18 runs. Jones also worked pitchers for 19 walks to post a .472 on-base percentage.

Pitcher of the Month

Mark Gubicza
Boston Riders

a 5-1 mark and 2.22 ERA in 6 starts, tossed 48.2 innings, fanned 18 and held opposing teams to a .239 average.

Western League

Player of the Week

May 7: Jimmie Foxx (Portland Robins) hit at a torrid .481 clip as he collected 13 hits in 27 at-bats, 2 home runs, 5 RBIs and 8 runs scored.
May 14: Willie Mays (Los Angeles Lightning) posted a .400 average (10-for-25) with 3 home runs and 7 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor.
May 21: David Wright (Omaha Pioneers) put up a .444 average. Wright collected 2 home runs, 6 RBIs and scored 5 runs.
May 28: Harry Heilman (New Orleans Knights) hit at a torrid .571 clip as he collected 12 hits in 21 at-bats, 1 home run, 2 RBIs and 4 runs scored.

Batter of the Month

Willie Mays
Los Angeles Lightning

Hit .370 with 5 home runs, 21 RBIs and 16 runs scored.

Pitcher of the Month

Herb Score
Portland Robins

earned a 5-1 mark in 6 starts. He threw 48.1 innings, struck out 35 and compiled a solid 2.42 ERA.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #47
G-Force
All Star Starter

Sierra Story
Slugger's hit streak ends at 20

Ruben Sierra

MEMPHIS (June 17, 2018) -- When the Boston Riders' talented switch-hitter, Ruben Sierra, saw his 20-game hit streak end during tonight's 6-4 win, it brought a retrospective look back as it is the longest in the ABL's brief history.

And it rekindled the question of why, a few games into the streak, he became persona non grata in the Boston lineup.

On May 11, Sierra collected three hits in Boston's 6-0 win over New York. He'd hit in three straight at that point, though he was hitting a less-than-stellar .238.

He wouldn't find a place on manager Jim Tracy's lineup card again until May 29th. He then hit in 17 straight until tonight, wrapping his streak at 20 and raising his average to .308 in the process.

Tracy and Sierra both said all the right things when asked postgame after tonight's 4-1 win over the Chicago Hitmen. Neither wanted to discuss the past, with Tracy just saying he was proud of Sierra for the streak and of his team for the win, and Sierra saying he just plays when he's told.

A source close to the team laughed when asked about the scenario, and simply said, "Ruben's a great talent, but a strange bird." He wouldn't delve deeper than that.

For now, though, Sierra holds a place in ABL history...and the Boston lineup.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #48
G-Force
All Star Starter

The Sound of Concern
After torrid April, Memphis singing the blues

MEMPHIS (June 30, 2018) -- Their draft was criticized, their opening game was a disaster and the critics were ready to pounce pretty much from the outset.

Then April happened. The Memphis Sounds led the Eastern League's South division by 9 1/2 games a month into the season following a 21-4 start. They led the league in virtually every category. The city was - apologies to it's jazz and blues roots - rockin!

Now the critics are getting their chance.

The Sounds have gone 20-36 over the past two months, and despite a three-game winning streak to end June find themselves looking up in the standings at the Orlando Orcas.

"It's hard to put a finger on it," manager Bob Melvin said. "I just know we've got work to do to get where we want to be."

The George Brett injury certainly hurt, both in the lineup and emotionally. But Brett is back now from his separated shoulder, though he has struggled to find his form again. He was hitting .338 when he was injured, but has batted only .268 since returning to the lineup.

But the real problem has been the cooling off of a pitching staff criticized post-draft that shocked everyone in April. It has come crashing back to Earth.

Van Mungo, Jose DeLeon and Ryan Dempster combined to go 3-13 with a 5.93 ERA in May. June saw DeLeon post a 9.29 ERA and ultimately get pulled from the rotation, while Dempster stayed above 5.

Ace Jesse Tannehill, April's Pitcher of the Month, posted a 5.27 ERA in June as well.

"We've stunk," Tannehill said flatly. "But we knew it was a long season and we weren't going to run away with it. We just need to right the ship, and I think we will."

Last edited by G-Force; 02-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #49
G-Force
All Star Starter

Sixto a 10!
Lezcano's shocking, slugging start

Sixto Lezcano has 16 homers

NEW YORK (June 30, 2018) -- Surprises are part of baseball lore, the heart of some of the game's greatest stories. It's probably a stretch to elevate the story of Sixto Lezcano to that perch, but to call what he's posting so far this season as the shock of the league would be more than fair.

The New York Heroes rightfielder was taken in the 26th round of the draft, considered a solid hitter with a bit of pop, a nice, complementary player.

What he's done is lead the Eastern League in homers with 16.

"Kid's been hitting with thunder, squaring the ball up real nice," manager Bill Killefer said. "We hope he keeps it up."

"I'm just trying to hit it hard," Lezcano said. "Not overthink it."

Although he's batting only .232, Lezcano slammed 7 homers in June, matching his April total, which bookended his hitting only 2 in May. And he's drawn 38 walks, earning him a solid .345 OBP.

Will he keep up the pace? Who's to say. But his power behind MVP candidate Will Clark (.360-13-60) is a big reason why New York sits atop the Eastern League North standings.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #50
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Who will make roster adjustments... you or the AI?

Does each team have a reserved roster to pull players from?

Will poor performing players be swapped out?

Thanks for the individual player stats.

Enjoying the ABL.

You are a gifted writer... this is a real good read... your writing makes it a special dynasty for me.

Now I just have to learn all the teams rosters so I can get immersed in the ABL.

I suspect the New Orleans Knights and Alabama Slammers will be my favorite.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #51
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Who will make roster adjustments... you or the AI?

Does each team have a reserved roster to pull players from?

Will poor performing players be swapped out?

Thanks for the individual player stats.

Enjoying the ABL.

You are a gifted writer... this is a real good read... your writing makes it a special dynasty for me.

Now I just have to learn all the teams rosters so I can get immersed in the ABL.

I suspect the New Orleans Knights and Alabama Slammers will be my favorite.
Thanks EC. High praise from you. I appreciate you following along.

Computer manages the rosters, it's why I worked on manager profiles. I don't want to run the teams.

It's 25-man active roster, 15 on reserve roster. As it expands I may make it a single minor league level, but we'll see how it goes.

At the All-Star Break (i.e. in the next couple of days), I'm going to do a team-by-team profile, which should help anyone reading get a little more into a particular team or teams.

I'm keeping news stories to just a couple a month right now because I suspect there will be more stories come pennant race time. At July 1, 3 of the 4 divisions are within 2 1/2 games, which is nice.

One of the things that made the Pastime Baseball League so great for me, and I think got it as many followers as it had, was that I was very fortunate there were good pennant races every year. Hopefully the same holds true here.

GH

Old 02-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #52
G-Force
All Star Starter

Ow-Za!
Riders lose ERA leader Gubicza for season

BOSTON (June 30, 2018) -- "I knew," Boston ace Mark Gubicza said. "As soon as it happened I knew."

So did most of Boston's brass, they concede now. But they were hoping their fortunes would be better than what they were reading on Gubicza's face.

Instead, they now face the remainder of the season without their ace.

Gubicza (8-5, 2.43 ERA) came out of his start June 12th with a sore back after just an inning of work in a 9-6 win at Charlotte.

"It was just tight," he said. "We figured we'd be safe."

He made his start on the 17th, striking out a season-high 10 batters over 8 1/3 in a 6-4 win over Memphis. He also, though, walked a season-high 6 batters.

On the 22nd, he allowed 3 runs over 6 innings in a 6-3 loss to New York. He was removed in the top of the 7th after facing one batter.

"It was a sudden weakness, something I'd never felt," Gubicza says. "But I knew it wasn't good."

With the news coming out of his injury, manager Jim Tracy has come under scrutiny for his handling of Gubicza following the back injury. Tracy dismissed the criticism and Gubicza stuck up for his manager.

"I won my next start, struck out the most batters I have all season, and felt fine," the 21-year-old righty said. "If he'd tried to sit me out, I'd have fought him. It happened. It's part of the game."

Now Joe Mays is a bigger part of the game, taking Gubicza's slot in the rotation. Mays is 1-3 with a 6.11 ERA on the season.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #53
G-Force
All Star Starter

June Report
Stats as of end of play June 30

Eastern League

Western League

Old 02-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #54
G-Force
All Star Starter

ABL Batting: June 30

ABL Pitching June 30

Old 02-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #55
JaBurns
All Star Starter

It appears the Alabama club needs Eugene’s support sooner rather than later.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #56
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
It appears the Alabama club needs Eugene’s support sooner rather than later.
Yeah, they've had a rough go for sure. They're 2nd in OBP but don't score. And their bullpen's been solid. But their rotation has been the Eastern League's worst.

GH

Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #57
G-Force
All Star Starter

With us having reached the All-Star game, I'm going to give a team-by-team profile, not only to help you all get some familiarity with the teams, but help myself know the teams a bit better as well.

Coming up, the teams of the Eastern League's North Division.

GH

Old 02-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #58
G-Force
All Star Starter

New York Heroes

The Heroes are living by the long ball, belting a league-leading 81 homers over the season's first half. And they've managed to improve each month (though July is off to a rough start, the All-Star Break perhaps coming at just the right time). The question is, can the pitching pick up enough to support the bats and keep New York atop the North? Will Clark figures to be in the MVP race, but is Sixto Lezcano really going to belt 30 homers? Brett Anderson has been a surprise on the mound, and Kevin Brown and Howie Pollet have been solid if unspectacular. But while the back end of the bullpen has been good, led by closer Tom Henke, the middle relief has been terrible. Something that bodes well? The Heroes are playing .600 ball on the road!

Old 02-11-2018, 01:06 AM   #59
G-Force
All Star Starter

Louisville Thoroughbreds

Many experts believe Louisville is going to overtake New York for the division. They are right there despite the fact their top pitching pick, Bob Feller, was abysmal before being diagnosed with elbow inflammation that landed him on the disabled list, where he'll stay until at least late August; and slugging outfielder Andre Dawson went down with a torn hamstring, though he is expected back shortly. Offensively, they do everything New York can do, and their starting pitching and defense have been superior. The back-end tandem of Steve Farr and Rich Hill has been brutal. Feller had actually be solid there once he was pulled from the rotation, and Red Faber, whose long-term future is in the rotation, has been put in the pen to provide some stability. If the pen settles its issues, Louisville could find a division title awaiting them. Keep in mind, Louisville's first overall pick, Honus Wagner has yet to click on all cylinders.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-11-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:32 AM   #60
G-Force
All Star Starter

Chicago Hitmen

A 22-11 mark since June 1 has thrust the Chicago Hitmen into the division race. Chicago's very balanced, solid in all areas but great in none, though their bullpen may argue that. It's 2.17 ERA is tops in the Eastern League by a considerable margin, and the Bob Howry, Jim Gott, B.J. Ryan triple threat at the back end has been dynamite. The Hitmen have also thrived at home. It's debatable if they can keep both Morgan Ensberg and Rob Deer in the lineup despite their power, as they're both all-or-nothing players. Something may have to give there, with Gary Gaetti at third and J.D. Drew and John Titus in right all waiting on the reserve roster for their turn. Mickey Mantle seems about ready to break out in what's already been a solid season. He could carry this team himself if he gets hot.