Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
wallys_world
Bat Boy

All Time Great Teams League/Tournament

I am a 10 year OOTP vet. I play older leagues 1900-1930, mainly, switching setups, drafts, etc... My main one is in year 8 and I am the manager of the Indians. The Erie Warriors are rolling, but that's another thread for another time.

I have taken the time start another league, which I have added all of the World Series winners and runners up from 1903 to 2016 into one league for the main purpose of tournament style action.

However, I'm a bit stuck on setup before I start. I have only used the Wizard on this so far, partly because I'm nervous that if I go advanced it may change/delete the teams that I spent several hours adding...

Specifically:

No trades
No year to year updates
No draft
Generally, keep the teams as the teams so that I can continually play tournaments with the same teams and same rosters
It should act and feel a good bit like the All Time Roster league that OOTP provides

Thoughts from the experts here?
wallys_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Like the idea. Maybe Minors in the future and post a copy Online. I have one that has Teams from 79-15.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Levistus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I wonder at the viability of deadball and first half century pitchers against the power and eye ratings of players in more recent years.

There's also a complete lack of speed in the historical players of the 20's and 30's as well as the suppressed fielding ratings and massive amounts of errors so far in the 40 seasons of I've played this edition between 1901 and 1940.

Interested to see how this turns out and what settings you use to balance everything out, maybe I'm proven wrong.