Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
RonS
Bat Boy

Some questions

Good evening all,

Ok I am interested in buying this as I have toyed around with the 15 demo alittle and I have some questions here.

First off as I have a dedicated server to host websites, can I actually run and import/export a test league using the demo software? I am not sure what functions are available through the demo.

Also where is a good starting point to learn all the functions of the software? ie, what files to upload/download for each team, does the software create all the reports, news, etc?

I am pretty handy at setting up various types of cms's such as Joomla, Wordpress and vBulletin as I have a couple sites including an Orioles/Ravens discussion forum going which is brand new, so installing software is not that difficult for me. I am just looking to find info on what files need to be uploaded to he actual site, etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated, and Admins if my post is out of line I do sincerely apologize in advance. And any parts that are not permitted please delete accordingly. I will fully understand.

Thanks again in advance for any help.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
Good evening all,

Ok I am interested in buying this as I have toyed around with the 15 demo alittle and I have some questions here.

First off as I have a dedicated server to host websites, can I actually run and import/export a test league using the demo software? I am not sure what functions are available through the demo.

I have no idea, I have not used the demo before.

Also where is a good starting point to learn all the functions of the software? ie, what files to upload/download for each team, does the software create all the reports, news, etc?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wiki-info.html

I have seen people post links to Youtube vidoes here. I have not watched them but I would search youtube.

I am pretty handy at setting up various types of cms's such as Joomla, Wordpress and vBulletin as I have a couple sites including an Orioles/Ravens discussion forum going which is brand new, so installing software is not that difficult for me. I am just looking to find info on what files need to be uploaded to he actual site, etc.

The file you need is the .tar.gz archive that the game makes.
Once you choose to make your league an online league you are given a new set of options. You are given some options about what you want included.
Also, go to the Mods forum here an find OOTPOU and Stats Lab. They are donation based 3rd party tools that will post reports to a website.

Your help is greatly appreciated, and Admins if my post is out of line I do sincerely apologize in advance. And any parts that are not permitted please delete accordingly. I will fully understand.

What are you trying to do?
You do not need to do any of this to play the game. Only to play online or post your solo game for others to interact with.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 AM   #3
RonS
Bat Boy

TGH-Adfabre,

Thanks for your reply and the links. Much appreciated.

Well basically I am involved in a pretty good small size gaming community and we have been discussing venturing out to other gaming areas other then FPS's and Racing and Baseball was discussed. So I searched and found this site and downloaded the demo as well as others. We have played the demo individually and are now wanting to try it online to see what needs to be done and how it is done and works before paying for it. Several members are tight on funds and want to do a small league to start with but don't want to spend the money if they don't like it as much. We have visited several league sites and are impressed with the stats and stuff, so now it is basically a trial run online before purchasing.

Again thank you for your help.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good evening all,

For an online league, the bare minimum you'll need is an FTP server to host the league file and take owner imports. The HTML reports (which the game can generate) are optional, but they really enhance an online league.

There are a couple of third-party web components, as well: StatsLab and OOTPOU. They both bring additional reports and utilities. There is some overlap between the two utilities, but they are both useful. I've never installed either of them myself, however.

I'm not sure if the OOTP15 demo can generate the online league files, although I think it can. IIRC, the demo is time-limited, not feature-limited.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
TGH-Adfabre,

Thanks for your reply and the links. Much appreciated.

Well basically I am involved in a pretty good small size gaming community and we have been discussing venturing out to other gaming areas other then FPS's and Racing and Baseball was discussed. So I searched and found this site and downloaded the demo as well as others. We have played the demo individually and are now wanting to try it online to see what needs to be done and how it is done and works before paying for it. Several members are tight on funds and want to do a small league to start with but don't want to spend the money if they don't like it as much. We have visited several league sites and are impressed with the stats and stuff, so now it is basically a trial run online before purchasing.

Again thank you for your help.
Just to be sure your expectations are in line.
The game cannot play head to head games. When you play online the commissioner is running the sim and the GMs are exporting updated rosters, lineups, staffs, FA offers etc. But there is no option to directly play a game vs the competition.
I only say it based on the games you mentioned.

Good luck,
Tom (LP)
Old 09-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
RonS
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Just to be sure your expectations are in line.
The game cannot play head to head games. When you play online the commissioner is running the sim and the GMs are exporting updated rosters, lineups, staffs, FA offers etc. But there is no option to directly play a game vs the competition.
I only say it based on the games you mentioned.

Good luck,
Tom (LP)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply and info. Yes we kind of figured that and that's kind of something we were looking for. Something on the lines of putting alot of thought into something instead of running and gunning and going round in circles to the left lol.

Well I have installed the Demo (2015 version) created new game as Commissioner and added a couple of managers to some teams including a team for myself and saved it. Either I am missing a setting somewhere or the demo doesn't support an online league as when I go to the Online League tab there is NOTHING in either side of the columns. I was going by this link in setting the Online League up - Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

So it doesn't look like we will be getting involved with this unless we can figure out if there is a setting we missed.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
RonS
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
For an online league, the bare minimum you'll need is an FTP server to host the league file and take owner imports. The HTML reports (which the game can generate) are optional, but they really enhance an online league.

There are a couple of third-party web components, as well: StatsLab and OOTPOU. They both bring additional reports and utilities. There is some overlap between the two utilities, but they are both useful. I've never installed either of them myself, however.

I'm not sure if the OOTP15 demo can generate the online league files, although I think it can. IIRC, the demo is time-limited, not feature-limited.

Thanks for the info and the links. Much appreciated. Well as I stated in earlier reply, either we missed a setting or the demo doesn't support Online League functions.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:29 AM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Do you have this option?
Attached Images
Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
RonS
Bat Boy

Nope those settings do not even show under that tab.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #10
RonS
Bat Boy

Here is screen shot of my Online League tab
Attached Images
Old 10-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Looks like it is not in the Demo.