Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #41
gosensgo101
Minors (Triple A)

Not necessarily a game bug, but an annoying bit in the installer.

I was trying to install the game and the installer was quitting out after choosing to install it to the Default path. When I tried installing to a custom path I got a pop up telling me that I didn't have enough space on my hard drive (which was true). This pop up never came up when I had simply chosen the default path, though.
gosensgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #42
skywalkr2
Major Leagues

I have crashed probably 6 times... Currently unable to get through July of my first season. Tried twice. How should this be reported?
skywalkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #43
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

skywalkr2, please see the first post in this thread for instructions.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #44
skywalkr2
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
skywalkr2, please see the first post in this thread for instructions.
FYI very complicated for normal folks. Fortunately i have used the internet since 1993. Uploaded a file called July_crash.rar.
skywalkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #45
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Playing in 1920x1200 with standard font size, looking in the "Meet the Team" section, and I get this. The text seems to not be quite fitting into the designated area:

Looking through the other teams, it's not just isolated to one team.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #46
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I was playing out a game and, in the middle of the game, maximized the program. It took me to the lineup screen (game sounds still going) and nothing I clicked on did anything (ie, was not able to go back to broadcast view, was not able to click on players (though hovering still worked). I had to Cntrl+Alt+Delete to close out of the program. I tried it again to see if it was reproducible and it did it again. It seems to happen when you adjust the size of the screen in any way mid-game. Running Windows 8.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #47
zappa1
All Star Starter

I have found only one small problem so far. I can't drag and drop players on the field where I want them. As soon as I click on them to drag them, the players page opens up.
I played one game with 3D fields and the players are already set up fine. I played a 2nd game in network mode to use my photo of Citizen's Bank Park and the players are all over the place. I can't rearrange them, however. When I try, the players page opens up and I can't drag them. Thank you.

I have an update on this problem. I just found out that it is not left click and drag like it used to be, but it is right click and drag. And it's not very smooth working. I had a hard time trying to get it to work. Had to click and drag 2 or 3 times to get it to move. Thank you.

Last edited by zappa1; 03-20-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Update info
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #48
ecd1973
Major Leagues

May be a bug, not sure...

When I installed the All In One 2015 mod, it also installed the yearly baseball card templates. These templates cause the hall of fame player images to be generated based on the year they were inducted. So Hank Aaron doesn't have a plaque, he has a 1982 fleer baseball card. I would prefer keeping the plaques regardless of what baseball card template is installed.
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #49
Siv
Major Leagues

Old issue

In the team rosters & transactions screen the screen next to the active roster I always make the disabled list. Well it was a list with no name. I accidentally put Tim Raines and Jim Wohlford on there and now I cannot find them anywhere as I renamed in the disabled list.

Help. Ok i fixed it by asking the AI to set up the whole organization. Please make the second list a disabled list to avoid this.

Last edited by Siv; 03-20-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: found issue
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #50
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Playing on an 11-inch macbook air (OSX 10.10.2) and I cannot get windowed mode to work. When I change the settings either nothing changes (when restarting the game or in the moment) or the game crashes.

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #51
butsam
Minors (Single A)

All-Star on DL doesn't satisfy owner

Started 2015 season as Braves, owner goal was to get an All-Star on the team. I traded the Padres to acquire Carlos Quentin, who has won the All-Star award in the past. After the trade, he was listed as satisfying the demand, as it said I had acquired Carlos Quentin on the Owner page in the Front Office screen.

Now, Carlos Quentin got injured; I put him on the 15-day DL. The demand is no longer showing as fulfilled, even though I still have Quentin on my team, he is just on the 15-day DL.

I would expect that being on the DL would still satisfy the request by the owner. (Thankfully in this case he is only on the 15-day DL so it isn't a big deal...but if someone got a long-term injury, you still acquired an All-Star and are still obligated to fulfill the contract.)
butsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #52
butsam
Minors (Single A)

Trade strengths/weaknesses display incorrect in 1366x768

The trade strengths/weaknesses display crowds out the letters for the weaknesses, on a 1366x768 display.
butsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #53
heyyoeddie
Bat Boy

No NLCS or World Series

Playing on Mac...

ALCS sim'd fully, NLCS never started; hence no World Series.

Game went into post-season mode on the right date, though.
Attached Images
heyyoeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #54
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I have found only one small problem so far. I can't drag and drop players on the field where I want them. As soon as I click on them to drag them, the players page opens up.
I played one game with 3D fields and the players are already set up fine. I played a 2nd game in network mode to use my photo of Citizen's Bank Park and the players are all over the place. I can't rearrange them, however. When I try, the players page opens up and I can't drag them. Thank you.
I feel you, man. The third-party code for that screen has changed. It's best to use the right mouse button to drag-and-drop.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #55
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoeddie View Post
Playing on Mac...

ALCS sim'd fully, NLCS never started; hence no World Series.

Game went into post-season mode on the right date, though.
I'm guessing that Markus will probably need your league files. Instructions for sending them are in the first post.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #56
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

It also looks like the Giants made the playoffs in two slots. So the Cardinals beat the Giants in the NLDS and have to face them again in the NLCS. Maybe that caused the glitch of not playing the NLCS?
RevRedbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #57
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Win Probability % in game

The win probability appears to be reversed. During the top of the inning it was 99% Yankees; however, when the logos swapped the 99% stayed. Since the Yankees are up 8-3 they should be favored to win. Or does the AI know something I don't?
Attached Images
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #58
estie3
New User

I have changed Currency Symbol from dollar to yen and, considering the currency exchange rate, I have set Global Financial Coefficeint to 120.
Then the financial data have overflowed. (The Current Budget, Remaining Expenses, Guaranteed Payrolls, etc, have become --217483648)

estie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #59
slugga27
All Star Starter

For doubleheaders, if I go to my TEAM schedule (ie. the Red Sox schedule) and click either game to view the box score, it will only show one of the two box scores. For instance, in the save I uploaded to FTP, titled "Sox.ootp16lg", the June 23rd double-header against Baltimore only shows the game that ended 7-6 (which I presume is the night game) and clicking on the score of the other game (8-6) doesn't bring up the correct boxscore.

Edit: Upon further inspection, ie. looking at the only other double-header I had, it seems as the boxscore for the night game is the only one that will show.

Last edited by slugga27; 03-20-2015 at 08:06 PM.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #60
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

slugga, this is a known issue. Markus has indicated that there is no easy fix for it. He has postponed working on it until a later version.