Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
banning23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Step By Step To Add Add-Ons

I was just wondering if there is a step by step to put add-ons into the game and if you created Uniforms, Logos and other work what format to put them in while creating your work. If the info is out there could you point me to that direction
banning23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by banning23 View Post
I was just wondering if there is a step by step to put add-ons into the game and if you created Uniforms, Logos and other work what format to put them in while creating your work. If the info is out there could you point me to that direction
All graphics/mods are to be put in their default ootp folders as follows.
1. Ballcaps and ballcap logos go in the ballcaps folder. Logos are 150x150 png. Ballcaps are 512x512 png when using templates.
2. Uniforms go in the jerseys folder and are 512x512 png when using templates.
3. Ballpark photos go in the ballparks folder and are jpg. Size varies but 800x600 works well. If using diagrams, they need to be 600x600 png only.
4. Facegens need to be in the fg_files folder. You need the free version of the facegen modeler to create those. It creates the proper size and format for them.
5. Real player photos go in the photos folder. If you create your own high res photos from espn, ect. The need to be 170x255 png. Regular jpgs should be 90x135 up to 170x255.
6. Logos go in the logos folder and are 150x150 png.
7. Baseball cards go in the baseball cards folder. The template go in the templates subfolder and images go in the images folder. Templates are always xml files. Images can be png or jpg. Sizes are user/creator choices for which looks and fits best.
8. Schedules go in the schedules folder and must end with the extension of lsdl.

Think that pretty much covers the basic mods...Any questions just ask.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Where do I find the schedules folder Bigrod?? Is in the "documents" folder or in the main game directory?? Just curious, I'm very new to the game and want to add certain mods like rosters and schedules. Thanks!!
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
All mods go in the My documents folder
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan616 View Post
Where do I find the schedules folder Bigrod?? Is in the "documents" folder or in the main game directory?? Just curious, I'm very new to the game and want to add certain mods like rosters and schedules. Thanks!!
Easiest way to find the schedules folder is to do a search for *.lsdl
That'll bring up ootp's schedule files and you should be able to see the location/path of the schedule's folder.
It's hard for me to say exactly where it is on your computer as I don't know if you have a pc or mac. Or whether you did a default install or custom install of ootp.
If your importing rosters from .txt/csv files, they would need to go in your saved games/import_export folder.
If it's a database you want to get rosters from, it would go in ootp's stats folder (spritze's gambos db).
If your getting updated rosters such as Lucasberger's updated 2013 rosters. That's a quickstart file and that goes in ootp's quickstart_games folder. Search for *.quick to find the folder.
Sometimes rosters and such are templates and they go in ootp's world_templates folder. Search for *.wtp to find the folder.

Usually, if you find one folder and note the path, you'll find the rest you need no matter what type of install you do or what version of ootp you're running (pc, mac or linux).

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Bigrod and Shawa....I have a PC, an older Dell that still is running Vista. I did download Spritze/Gambo's DB but wasn't sure where to put it, and I also downloaded a schedule mod but wasn't sure if I put it in the right place. Thanks for the help guys!! :-)
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

created a wiki pages with a cut and paste job of this thread

OOTP Community Wiki | Step By Step To Add Add-Ons

it's a wiki, anybody can join and clean it up and/or add to it

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan616 View Post
Thanks Bigrod and Shawa....I have a PC, an older Dell that still is running Vista. I did download Spritze/Gambo's DB but wasn't sure where to put it, and I also downloaded a schedule mod but wasn't sure if I put it in the right place. Thanks for the help guys!! :-)
You're welcome, glad to help.
You can create a separate folder for Spritze/Gambo's DB or any custom DB if you want. Probably best to do that. Unfortunately I can't give the exact instructions on how to point ootp to your new folder as I don't have 14 on my puter anymore..Just 15 now. It should be in the Database options screen where you can set the path to it I think.