Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Bagpipes5
Major Leagues

I need help hosting a mod

I don't have anywhere online to put this file but I'd like to share it with the community. The file is 36.6 MB. Here is the readme:

Quote:
7/16/08 -- MLB 08 - file size 36.6 MB

Here is a complete MLB setup for OOTP 9. This archive includes schedules, ballparks (only names for minors), uniforms, logos/colors colors, and photos for all levels of the MLB system for 2008. The rosters enclosed are the latest and greatest set that came with the 9.1.2 patch of OOTP9 (I took the liberty of setting up the Houston Astros opening 25-man and 40-man rosters). The league starts 3/24/08 with a commissioner set up already for you (good 'ol Bud). All you have to do is add your manager, pick your team, and you're off.

To install, extract the MLB08.lg folder to your OOTP saved_games folder. It should be something like 'User/Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 9/saved_games'. You will then need to extract the contents of the ballparks folder to 'User/Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 9/ballparks'. You can then run OOTP 9 and load MLB08 from the start menu. Once you've created your manager and you're ready to play, you must go to the league setup screen, scroll down to roster options, and set all computer controlled teams to allow AI roster changes in order to get the AI to makes promotions/demotions/trades/etc.

The ML level has all logos, ballparks, photos, uniforms, etc. in their entirety. The minors have all logos, photos, and uniforms. The ballparks however just have their name and capacity filled in, park factors and dimensions are fictional. I also had a hard time finding the capacity of some of the lower level minor league parks in leagues like the GCL and AZL so a few of them are fictional. My point in editing the minor league parks though was to go through the stadiums and edit out the A ball teams with retractable roof stadiums and a 50,000+ seating capacity and such. Takes away from the realism for me. I also added the correct playoff lengths and roster rules to the minor leagues along with a few various corrections here and there. Every team in the universe file should be lined up with their correct city in the database as well.

Thanks to Padresfan and his website, it's where I got all of the mods for the project. Thanks to all the mod makers out there too for making this whole ordeal possible. Also thanks to Markus for creating such a great game that I've been playing for almost 10 years now. I hope that if you downloaded this, that you'll enjoy it as much as I have. I put it all together and figured I'd share it, it took me awhile to do. You can get in touch with me by sending a PM to Bagpipes5 on the OOTP Forums.
Bagpipes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Please go to my website and use the "Submit a Mod" link on the left hand side of the screen. You may have to use a service like "Sendthisfile" or "YouSendIt".

I'd love to host this...
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote