Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #41
conception
All Star Starter

I actually love those stadiums. To me, the fictional stadiums that aren't quirky are the ones that I never put in my fantasy league. It's so much more fun to have your teams play in parks with odd dimensions, where you know you can stack the lineup with lefties because its got a RF short porch, etc.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #42
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Outstanding job blueturf. They really look good and very realistic. Don't know how you are doing it but keep it up. I am getting ready to start a fictional league and some of these would be very nice to use in it. Do you have the dimensions of each one and the ball flight settings in them or are they just as they are depicted? Personally, I don't care if there are ball flights in my sim anyway, even though I do play all of my games out. It's actually a little annoying.
Anyway, great job. I am going to have to go into my old Baseball for Windows game and see if there are any usable parks in it that could be translated into OOTP.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #43
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgrampa View Post
Do you have the dimensions of each one and the ball flight settings in them or are they just as they are depicted? Personally, I don't care if there are ball flights in my sim anyway, even though I do play all of my games out. It's actually a little annoying.
I personally do not use ball flight either. It is too tedious to set up for each park and when activated it is a little distracting and takes away from the play by play. The only part of ball flight I enjoy is seeing where a homerun lands. I wish there was an option to show the ball location after the play has finished.

I have not finished my league set up yet, so I have not set dimensions for them yet. Since it seems there is a lot of interest in dimensions, at some point I will formalize the dimensions I use in a ReadMe, and zip all the photos and send them to one of the download sites.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:33 AM   #44
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post
Teflon is the king and he did a couple of current stadiums a while back. Other than that, there are some CGI stadiums from Tony LaRussa and Old Time Baseball.
Between the Old Time Baseball/LaRussa images kicking around, the pcballpark.com website, and some image editing on my part, I've got a decent full-color image for every single MLB park ever used from the mid-20th century onward.

Some of the short-lived ballparks don't have any good existing images out there, requiring more effort on my part. Here's what I'm using for L.A. Wrigley, which the Angels only played in for their inaugural season in '61. The pcballpark version was too cropped for my liking, so what I did was take that image, drop it over top of a Seals Stadium image, and then heavily retouch the left and right hand sides based on a couple pix of L.A. Wrigley on the web, "borrowing" some stuff from other images i found. Those large buildings beyond the right field parking lot are from Wrigley Field Chicago, with the color stripped out I never thought to share them with anyone else because a) I don't play the game with the little portraits on, and the playing field would look too cluttered for anybody who does, and b) I'm never happy with my own work. Just now I'm looking at this image again and seeing stuff I think should be touched up. Anyway, I threw this on because maybe someone wouldn't mind using what I got for now. And L.A. Wrigley is obscure enough that you could use this in a fictional league and not feel too "distracted" by the park's familiarity... I guess?

Last edited by Ceej; 08-21-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #45
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The only part of ball flight I enjoy is seeing where a homerun lands. I wish there was an option to show the ball location after the play has finished.
The pre-patched version of the game when I first got it was doing exactly that for me... I liked it. I've since installed the patches and I never see those any more.... so that thing I liked was actually a bug?
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #46
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
I personally do not use ball flight either. It is too tedious to set up for each park and when activated it is a little distracting and takes away from the play by play. The only part of ball flight I enjoy is seeing where a homerun lands. I wish there was an option to show the ball location after the play has finished.

I have not finished my league set up yet, so I have not set dimensions for them yet. Since it seems there is a lot of interest in dimensions, at some point I will formalize the dimensions I use in a ReadMe, and zip all the photos and send them to one of the download sites.
OK, thanks blueturf. Yeah, I play out all of my games and it is distracting having the ball flight there. Especially when they aren't accurate!!! Homers? Yeah, that would be nice to have it say how far the ball went and to see it in the stands after the play but otherwise, I think it is a nuisance, unneeded. I would be more interested in hearing the players names announced than ball flight. I guess it can be done now but haven't really looked into that as yet.

Again, thanks!

Last edited by Greatgrampa; 08-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Greatgrampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #47
blueturf
All Star Reserve

New Kuhlman Field

I had some time recently and did some edited to my Kuhlman Field. I never liked the grass on this one and the "train terminal" structure beyond center field never worked for me. Here is the stadium after renovation. The original can be found in this thread.

All my parks can be found on photobucket here. Hopefully more to come soon.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #48
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Nice job! But I'm a Lowe's man myself

asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #49
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

I really enjoy your stadiums blueturf. Do you gotta a palce were I could download all your stadiums at once? IE padrefan or they just at your photobucket site?

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #50
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
I really enjoy your stadiums blueturf. Do you gotta a palce were I could download all your stadiums at once? IE padrefan or they just at your photobucket site?
Right now they are only available on Photobucket but I could zip them up and get them to PadreFan. I will try to make some time for that this weekend.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #51
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

That'd be cool thanks!!

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #52
PadresFan
All Star Starter

blueturf's stadiums can now be downloaded from the "Ballparks" page of my OOTP website. Thanks!!
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #53
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Baker Stadium

I have been at work on this one off and on for a while now. Finally put a few finishing touches on it and it is ready to be added for my next expansion team.

Last edited by blueturf; 03-30-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: updated new stadium image
Old 03-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #54
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

That is one aweome stadium man. Do you have the distances for the fences avaiable?

Ya know the weird thing is I was trying to do one like that by cutting and pasting stadiums together. I love the deep center field and quirky angles stuff.

Giovani della Casa

Last edited by Scottiedog; 03-24-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Quote:
That is one aweome stadium man...
Agree 100%! Amazing!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #56
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

Blueturf,
I apologize however can I make a request please?
Can you remove two of the flags in left field? I'd like to use that stadium in a US and Canadian league. So, all I really need is the US and Canadian flag.
I apologize I'm not criticizing your work in anyway what so ever.
I really think ALL your work rocks…..I’m just being a nitpicker LOL.

Giovani della Casa

Last edited by Scottiedog; 03-25-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #57
conception
All Star Starter

That's probably your best design to date. Its also by far the one that most resembles the current crop of stadiums being built (not that I look for that all the time).
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #58
patrick_richards1
Minors (Single A)

these are some of the best ballparks ive seen, and i use them in my fictional league
good work!

patrick_richards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #59
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That is one aweome stadium man. Do you have the distances for the fences avaiable?

Ya know the weird thing is I was trying to do one like that by cutting and pasting stadiums together. I love the deep center field and quirky angles stuff.
I haven't even added this one to my solo league yet, so I haven't set distances for the fences yet. If it helps, RF is mostly from Oakland and LF is Detroit's RF mirrored.

Quote:
Blueturf,
I apologize however can I make a request please?
Can you remove two of the flags in left field? I'd like to use that stadium in a US and Canadian league. So, all I really need is the US and Canadian flag.
I apologize I'm not criticizing your work in anyway what so ever.
I really think ALL your work rocks…..I’m just being a nitpicker LOL.
I don't take it as criticism at all. I didn't like all the flags either, but they were hiding a flaw in the dome behind. Since my solo league is in a fictional country, I try to limit flags in stadiums, so I can easily update it for my league.

I reworked it a little, fixing the dome and only included the two flags. I changed the original post of the stadium.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #60
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

Ok cool blueturf, I'm glad you didn't feel like I was dissen' ya. I always use yours and Teflon's stadiums. Ya all do some of the best work EVER on stadiums.
I did a few mods on Baker Stadium to hide the flags and then copy and pasted a US and Canadian flags elsewere in the stadium. I also, usually, add something Marine Corps in/around the stadium. I was in the Marines for a few good years...so, I do it as a tip of the hat I guess you'd say.
Anyways, I can use the dimensions of Oakland/Detriot's stadium to make a guess on rest of dimensions.
Again, thanks for your awesome work!

Giovani della Casa