Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #1
josh422
Bat Boy

Help with game

I have a couple questions about OOTP 16

OOTP 16 Historical Sim (1905)
1. The pitchers have enough stamina to pitch every 2 games but the game suggests 4-man rotations. Should I lower the SP stamina? By how much?
2. Catchers seem to be ridiculously valuable, like i can't trade for anybody without giving up Christy Matthewson. Same goes for position players. A 5 star SP will get me a 1 star position player. Any recommendations?
3.What settings should i turn on if i want drafted players to be undeveloped?
Will i eventually get a full minor league system?
4. Recommended settings for having some randomness but players will mainly be as good as they were irl?
5. Any other suggestions for a historical sim?
josh422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

1. Pitchers regularly threw well over 350-400 innings back then. While i would not use a 2 man rotation i would use start highest rested so the 3 & 4 if you use them would pitch every so often. #1 SP should get close to 45-50 starts. Also turn on starters pitch in relief so they get into an additional 15 games.

2. Can't really help ya there. I pay little attention to C's in that era. None of them can throw most people out and they produce very little offense to make a difference.

3/4. I'll have to get back to you on this one. i have a different game open right now.
There is a way to turn development on and I forgot which screen it is on, some players like Ruth will still be great but you may get some scrubs that turn into superstars as well.
5. Other then Gambo's historical logos. No Pepper's uniforms & Gambo's parks There iusn;t too much you need to do rto reproduce histoprical. Just dont forget they are just players not names to OOTP. Don;t think they game is borked when DiMaggio suffers a CEI in year 2 or that no one ever comes close to 56 games or 511 Wins.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
3.What settings should i turn on if i want drafted players to be undeveloped?
There is not one. There is not a Database that has all players that have played MLB with estimates of their ratings when they were drafted. The database does not exist.
I would check the OOTP Mods forum and the historical forums. I know there are some members who have done some work on this. To build the DB would be??? 10,000 man hours maybe, plus 50 or 60 fistfights over how good players were when they were drafted?

Quote:
Will i eventually get a full minor league system?
Sort of, the minors are filled with players that never reach the bigs. There is not database with all of those players in it. Having said that there is a way to fill the minors with fictional players BUT not allow fictional players to reach the majors. Then, over seasons, your real players will play against fictional ones but only the real players make the pros.

Quote:
4. Recommended settings for having some randomness but players will mainly be as good as they were irl?
I would poke around the historical forums. My first guess is to turn on the development model but turn down the talent change randomness modifier so players do change but the likely hood is low and the quantity of players changing is low.

Good luck,
Tom (LP)