Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
yanko
Bat Boy

Setting lineups

Just recently starting playing and love the game. However, I'm pulling my hair out trying to keep my lineup set. It seems there are so many things that can reset the lineups after it has been configured.

For example, playing as the 2015 Yankees as GM/Manager/Commissioner I set all of my LHP/RHP lineups including utility backups for each position. When Brett Gardner, my starting leftfielder/utility 1 centerfielder gets injuried it automatically removes a bunch of my other utility backups from the lineups (ex. ARod gets removed as utility 1 third basemen). I don't get why this keeps happening. I had my injuries set to high and reduced it to normal just so I didn't have to spend most of my game time redoing these lineups. Is there any way to prevent this sort of thing?

Also, is there a way to set the utility backup batting orders when they start? It seems they get inserted in the same slot as the regular starter which isn't ideal. Thanks in advance

Last edited by yanko; 09-30-2015 at 01:01 AM.
yanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Go to your Managers Office, click on the "Control and Auto-Play settings tab.

Make sure you are in control of setting line-ups, rotation and anything else you want to control.
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
yanko
Bat Boy

Yeah I found that earlier and it helped keep the starting lineups intact, but I still lose some of my backup selections whenever a starter goes down. Instead of just the injured player getting removed from the lineup it clears out some of my backups to positions not even affected (like the example I gave). Same thing seems to happen with my pinch hitter/ pinch runner selections.
yanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanko View Post
Yeah I found that earlier and it helped keep the starting lineups intact, but I still lose some of my backup selections whenever a starter goes down. Instead of just the injured player getting removed from the lineup it clears out some of my backups to positions not even affected (like the example I gave). Same thing seems to happen with my pinch hitter/ pinch runner selections.
Are you in complete control or have you delegated to the AI?