Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #41
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by rwd59
All leagues. Can't even import new leagues. I have a hard time being convinced to do all that it takes to reformat when only OOTP will not work. If I had other problems, sure. But I don't. When and if I hear from THE MAN that it is my only option, then I will have to weigh my options as to where I want to keep playing this game or not. But I probably will.
I know you said all leagues, but does that also include creating a new league from scratch? If you were to create a new league, does the game crash? Also one more thing I've heard. Since OOTP rememebrs the last league file you had open. When you re-start OOTP it opens that league. Now if that league happens to be deleted. Sometimes OOTP will still try to open up that league anyway. Unless of course you had it pointing to a different league at the time of deletion. I know it's a longshot but you never know. When is it crashing as soon as you start the game and the league loads up? Or when you try to play a game? Oh I answered your PM about the file..

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #42
rwd59
All Star Reserve

I only play historicals. The game will open fine. If I try to import a new historical league it will bomb. If I try to play games it will work for a few days at times doing 1 day at a time but will eventually bomb out at the end of one of the games. If I try to sim a week or month, it may go a few days and the bomb. I tried all my existing leagues with the same result. I'll try to start a fictional league and see what happens.
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #43
Applecorey
Major Leagues

Maybe try turning the sound off? (in configuration)
Old 06-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #44
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Applecorey
Maybe try turning the sound off? (in configuration)
Already off, thanks.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #45
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Fictional league bombed out during creation as well. So no luck there. Went back to an existing Historical League. This I can say for sure: playing 1 day at a time I might play up to 7-8 days ok, then bombs on next day. Sometimes it bombs on first day, you never know when it will happen. Also, I know is that it bombs at the end of a game every time, it never bombs in the middle of a game. A question, I keep uninstalling and reinstalling using a file that was already saved to my disk and it seems to work fine. Could something have happened to corrupt that file so that it seems to install fine but really doesn't. I guess the next thing to try is to re-download the game and install from it.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-12-2004 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:23 AM   #46
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Yeah it's worth a shot, you have nothing to lose. Re-download and see if that works.

Old 06-12-2004, 05:50 AM   #47
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

IE crashes have returned, even after the workaround fix mentioned by BigMak.

This has to be an OOTP problem. I've made no system changes and had everything running. Yes, it's Win ME, but that is not the problem.

Now the player card causes a crash no matter what window you're in. Used to just be the trade window.

Had the game running for a week without any crashes, but they're back.

I'll try the routine again of add/remove IE, repair, restart...

It's a shame to watch the support of this game and the pace of the patches go so much more slowly than previous versions. I should quit complaining, go back to the great standard of OOTP 5 and wait for a working version of OOTP 6 -- hopefully by the World Series.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #48
moore4807
All Star Starter

rwd,

Try this - I went to the options screen - turned off ALL of the options - this caused my laptop game to crash - just like rwd.
however when I restarted the game - works OK - I havent had a crash all night while playing one older version historical league.
This historical league was the one I was having my troubles with... I'm afraid to re-open the options or enable anything - so its kinda lame but better than keep restarting...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #49
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Exactly which options are you talking about?
Old 06-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #50
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Well, I tried to redownload the game unlicense, uninstall, and re-install the new download. This ******* game always tries to get my hopes up and then smash them. I was able to play 11 days using the sim 1 day at a time option then it crashed immediately after a game ended on day 12. Looks like I'm gonna have to give up. You just can't make me believe that this is not a game problem. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it will crash when trying to play games and I have NO other problems, just OOTP 5 and 6. First day, third day tenth day, who knows. One thing is for sure though, it does not work for me now. Good luck guys I've about had enough. Customer service to me is not just somebody (or sombodies) dropping in once asking a couple questions or offering a couple of vague suggestions and then leaving me hanging in the wind. People always talked about how lousy Strat-o-matic's customer service was but the only time I ever had a problem (and it WAS key disk related) I made 1 phone call and it was fixed. I know there is only one person with this game who can help me if I can be helped at all (which I do understand is a possibility). I'll keep checkin the boards occasionally (maybe before I go to bed) to see if he chooses to respond at some time. Also to see whatever attempts you guys may have for me to try. But I won't keep coming around 5 or 6 times a day or more. Just can't take it, really starting to feel in a way I shouldn't over a $30 Baseball Game. Hope the next patch clears up all you guys problems. I have truly enjoyed this game since the '99 version. Guess I'll have to go over to Puresim and see if I can learn to enjoy it. It's never been my cup of tea but if it will work, looks like my only choice. Oh and 1 last question, can you reinstall windows without reformatting the entire computer?

Last edited by rwd59; 06-13-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #51
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Move every single .lg subdirectory to another directory. See if it works then.

Corrupt .lg files have more power than people think.

(Oh, and ALWAYS keep your .lg subdirectories backed up.)

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:54 PM   #52
rwd59
All Star Reserve

How would I do that? All the .lg subdirectories are in the OOTP6 directory. Don't know if this is what you meant but: I unlicensed, uninstalled, and then removed everything OOTP had left over after the uninstallation. I removed the entire OOTP6 directory. Then reinstalled and relicensed the game. This left only the .lg that the game installs. It bombed after the first day. Thanks for trying though.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-13-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #53
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Have you tried running the game with all Windows background programs not running? I'm talking all about your stuff that runs in the system tray at the bottom. It sounds like you may have a program running that interferes with OOTP.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:56 PM   #54
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Yea Night, tried that. Also, I bought Puresim last night. Let me just say I hope Markus has a chance sometime to try and help me out. Puresim can't hold a candle to OOTP. For the time being however it looks like I better try to love it because it does at least work.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:17 AM   #55
moore4807
All Star Starter

rwd59
I disabled all the options that are found in the league set-up...

the laptop has run OOTP6 fine now for two days and about 8 hours of simming. I started a 2k3 league and have simmed one week at a time- I am in year 3 now and still no crashes or errors, with all options turned off.... I may not have the same problem as you but I feel your pain. THe error messages were killers
What type of computer are you using and what OS?
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:33 AM   #56
Henry
Hall of Fame

moore4807,

This was my next poll, but if you can help here - we might be able to shortcut the process. If you would begin turning on the various options you turned of - one-at-a-time - until the crash returns, that would help a lot. I know it will take some time, but it's the best method to zero in on the problem.

Once it starts crashing again, turn off all OTHER options and see if that single "ON" variable is the cause. If not, then add that subset of option back in one-at-a-time until it does, turning off others and going through the process again until you either end up with a single variable - or combination of variables that cause the crash.

If anyone else wants to try this, please let me know of your results.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:50 PM   #57
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Well, a week later and just wanted to let you all know..................game still doesn't work. Puresim and everything else on the computer still works however. Been trying to get into that game without any real success. OOTP is the big leagues and Puresim is kinda like AA. Thats not intended as a knock at that game, rather a compliment to this one. Is there any way of finding out all the files this game uses to track down if one was changed or overwritten? At this time I do not intend to reformat as I have never done this and it seems like an extreme step to take because 1 game is having a problem. I'll be glad when the patch is out, maybe then I'll get some acknowlegement from the man.

Last edited by rwd59; 06-21-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #58
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

rwd - Are you logged onto Windows XP as an administrator? This DLL error happens usually when one of the following things happens:

1) A user tries to access another user's temporary internet files directory (since OOTP6 uses IE methods, I would be this is it)
2) The registry gets messed up

My recommendations for solutions:

1) Try running OOTP6 as Administrator if you're not already
2) A reformat will almost assuredly make OOTP6 work.

Just to make things clear - this is a Windows error that happens to many other programs and really isn't OOTP's fault at all. In fact, here's a guy who installed some MP3 player software and had the exact same problem you're having:

http://p081.ezboard.com/facousticain...icID=346.topic

Hopefully this will help. Respond to this message if it doesn't.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #59
rwd59
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii
rwd - Are you logged onto Windows XP as an administrator? This DLL error happens usually when one of the following things happens:

1) A user tries to access another user's temporary internet files directory (since OOTP6 uses IE methods, I would be this is it)
2) The registry gets messed up

My recommendations for solutions:

1) Try running OOTP6 as Administrator if you're not already
2) A reformat will almost assuredly make OOTP6 work.

Just to make things clear - this is a Windows error that happens to many other programs and really isn't OOTP's fault at all. In fact, here's a guy who installed some MP3 player software and had the exact same problem you're having:

http://p081.ezboard.com/facousticain...icID=346.topic

Hopefully this will help. Respond to this message if it doesn't.
I am the only user and the administrator. Ran registry cleaner and defrag. No luck. Thanks for trying. Once again, is there any way to find out which files OOTP6 accesses to see if they have been modified?
Old 06-22-2004, 02:21 PM   #60
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd59
I am the only user and the administrator. Ran registry cleaner and defrag. No luck. Thanks for trying. Once again, is there any way to find out which files OOTP6 accesses to see if they have been modified?
Just to be clear - You're logged on as Administrator and not just an account with administrator privileges? There would be a difference as far as my suggestion above.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote