Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-03-2004, 10:30 AM   #21
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Before I get jumped on, remember that I said I love the entire OOTP concept. It's the same as if I was driving the best car in the world. I still would be hacked if the trim didn't exactly match up, a door latch wasn't working right or there was a rattle.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:01 PM   #22
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

Rasnell all i wonder is why you had to make 4 post to Rant??

I have yet to try and "repair" IE, however, i found that if i Put MY player up for trade, then pick different teams, i can look at every player they offer with out a hitch!
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #23
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't work that way for me. Crashes any time you tried to look at player card.

Sorry for four rants. Every time I hit send, I thought of another rant.

Still want to be fair. This is the game I play the most, the one I care the most about and the one that I check the board every day.

Just disappointed by how long it's taking to get a working version and how the patches seem to introduce as many problems as are fixed.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:04 AM   #24
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

ok so this is an IE problem but it only happens on 98 & ME machines?

interesting, I wonder how 98 & ME handles IE differently than 2000 & XP, but playing any modern game on those operating system can be problematic.

I hope they find a fix for you guys because this would suk

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:15 AM   #25
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

can't build a winner without blockbuster trades

hey guys,

I tried your fixes but I am unable to repair Microsoft Internet Explorer and not sure why? So I don't even know if this works for me or not. But, somehow I need to make trades darnit LOL I have only had the game for 2 days

Anyone know why I can't repair MIE ?

Oh and is Steven even watching this thread? HELP PLEASE!!! At least get one small patch to fix the trades, that can't take too long *sighs*
Brando7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:50 AM   #26
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

well a shot in the dark might be to use netscape, or something other than IE, as your default browser, and then use the external system browser for in-game. I suppose it can't hurt to try.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:47 AM   #27
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Eternal Browser Issues

Hi guys, I appreciate your suggestion, but switching to External Browser and making netscape my default browser still makes the game crash. This is frustrating.

Please fix it Markus, PLEASE!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 04:18 AM   #28
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Re-installing game doesn't work

Not even re-installing the game 4 times makes the bug go away. It's so frustrating. I am going to hound tech support until they do something about it. I paid good money for a working game, get it working please :-) *smiles politely*
Old 06-07-2004, 05:58 AM   #29
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

It's frustrating how little response we get to this. It was brushed off as a Win ME problem through the three patches so far and no commitment to look into this.

Fortunately, BigMak discovered the fix on his own for many of us.

Wished I knew what to tell you to help -- bug I'm not on the development team, like so many others who have not helped on this one.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:00 AM   #30
BigMak
Minors (Single A)

Sorry Brando but I can't help. I am on Windows 98 so do not know how the repair works on Windows ME. I assumed it was the same procedure:
Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Microsoft Internet Explorer-> Repair

Maybe rasnell can let you know. I understand your frustrations.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #31
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Yes, BigMak, your instructions work the same in Win ME as you described. I only needed to make the repair once and it's holding up through all restarts of the game.

I also use the external OOTP browser, just as Brando mentioned. But Brando is doing this with Netscape and I use IE, so I really don't know the answer.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:00 PM   #32
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

My XP is crashing, how do i see if i am running the latest IE?
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:47 AM   #33
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I use Wind 98

I use windows 98 as well, it's the SE version. I received a letter from Steve Kuffrey saying they've isolated the problem and to check the message boards for additional updates.

Needless to say the fact he didn't tell me how to fix it or even try to give me a solution is more frustrating than the trade bug itself. They should have a solution already that can fix it now until they get it into a patch. I told him that in my reply mail.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:22 AM   #34
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Why can't they post something here, instead of letting the thread go on. At least say they acknowledge and are working on a fix. It started out in a previous thread by telling all of us to upgrade to Win XP and dismissing the fact that this is the only software of at least 30 some games that wouldn't work on Win Me.

If not for BigMak solving this for all of us, we still wouldn't have a working version of OOTP 6.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:02 PM   #35
BigMak
Minors (Single A)

Brando, I would assume they are talking about this thread. I have not seen any specific mention anywhere by OOTPD of the problem or a fix.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #36
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Heard From Steve

Steve replied to me and let me know that Markus is working on it. he also made sure to include the fix for IE reapir and stuff. So he is aware of it.

Problem with that is, I can't get IE to repair. *sigh*
Old 06-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #37
BigMak
Minors (Single A)

Don't know why. It should be the procedure posted in this thread. Just so everyone knows, there is no option in the add/remove that says repair IE. You have to select Microsoft Internet Explorer. Then a message pops up asking if you want to remove, repair, and somethng else. From there you select repair.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #38
Brando7778
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tried it

Yeah that's exactly what I did, I selected Microsoft internet explorer and then repair and the computer told me it could not repair IE for some reason. Unsure why, it didn't give me a reason.

It's amazing that Star Wars Galaxies plays perfect on my PC, but a simple little Baseball simulation doesn't LOL
Old 06-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #39
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Well, I updated my IE (though I thought it was already the latest version), to no avail. It worked for a bit, then the crash bug started again. Guess I'll have to wait for a new patch.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #40
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Well, I updated my IE (though I thought it was already the latest version), to no avail. It worked for a bit, then the crash bug started again. Guess I'll have to wait for a new patch.