Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #21
Whitey
Major Leagues

It's called the double switch. If there is a pitching change and the pitcher is coming up the next inning, a manager can replace a fielder and enter that new fielder in the pitchers spot (number 9) while putting the new relief pitcher in the exiting fielders spot. Used in other ways also such as after the pitcher has been pinch hit for. Quite common in NL baseball.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #22
Stashu
Minors (Double A)

After applying the patch, some ratings went onto a different scale then they were pre-patch.

Main one concerning me is Endurance seemed to have been moved to the "Other Ratings" scale when pre-patch it was reading from either "Ability Ratings Scale" or "Talent Ratings Scale" since both were set to 1-100 in my game and that's how Endurance showed up.

Now it's only going by the 1-5 scale, which I have setup for "Other Ratings"

I like the fineness of the 1-100 rating for endurance but don't want to see all fielding/baserunning ratings in that same scale and be forced to change my "Other Ratings" to that range.

*Added note*
Tried signing a FA Middle Reliever. When left clicking on the player I see a 3 out of 5 for endurance. When right-clicking to offer/sign, it says 3 but shows a small sliver of a graphic in 1 out of 10 squares, kind of showing a 1-100 scale. Weird...

Last edited by Stashu; 04-26-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Stashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:17 PM   #23
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

In one of my most recent games. The batter was hit by the pitch. Then the batter charged the mound and a fight ensued, and both were tossed. I was managing the team on offense at the time. So I put in a pinch runner, and returned to the game screen. The player I put into run was not on 1st, but the relief pitcher the computer brought in. He was on the mound at the same time. When I looked back at my lineup (sub screen), it had my pr listed as a ph. So I looked at the computers lineup screen, and it showed the reliever as being on 1st. This scared me because I was leading 2-1 late in the game, and was not sure wich team would get credit if he scored. He did not score, and I went on to win the game.

Just thought somebody should know, so this could be fixed with the next patch.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 PM   #24
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweed
This is actually up to the official scorer. If he believes the player was trying to bunt for a hit he can score it an out and an AB, not a sacrifice. I don't recall ever seeing a scorer do this but it probably has happened at one time or another.
I think if you press the bunt for hit button it's an ab no matter what while it's a sac no matter what if you press the sac button it's a sac no matter what (I think I had a guy get on that way once)

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 AM   #25
mgadfly
Minors (Single A)

Sorry if some of these bugs are known:
1) I put a pinch runner in and the previous player stayed in the game.
2) In the All-Star game Bret Boone was hit by a pitch and charged the mound. Both he and the pitcher were tossed. The pinch runner I put in was actually the MR for the other team, who was also pitching.
3) I have a few guys who have a season year of 16341 (or something) and then some crazy stats. This throws off my all-time league leaders because some dude had 28,000 Ks in a season that didn't exist and where he pitched 0 innings.
4) I have a 61 year old reliever still in the league.
5) The 61 year old reliever stopped playing (I thought he retired) in 2035. He started up his career again in 2050.

Features wishes: The ability to change the 20 wins list in the Almanac to say 10 wins (I play 81 game seasons), etc...

A minimum% of revenue option where the computer teams will not make $45 or more 5 seasons in a row. Spend some money tight-wad owner.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:43 AM   #26
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Bottom play by play is not a sufficient fix of the font problem. The box is not large enough to display the string of text.

The left box is a nice idea because you can read the whole string. The small font is still an issue.

Either make the bottom display box larger or fix the font, please. Or give us an option to increase font size if that is programmable.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:44 AM   #27
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

How much longer, Markus, until v6.02 fixes the player trade crash?

I've quit playing, awaiting that fix. You were so speedy with v 6.01. Wondering how fast on v6.02.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #28
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by remangiii
I think if you press the bunt for hit button it's an ab no matter what while it's a sac no matter what if you press the sac button it's a sac no matter what (I think I had a guy get on that way once)
I believe that's correct within ootp. I gave the answer I did as I think he wanted to know the official rule and thought ootp had scored the play wrongly.

I too believe I've seen a guy get a hit using the sacrifice button but I could be wrong.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 AM   #29
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Problem with records not being properly recorded in the record books. Especially after records have been manually edited (rookies after year 1 of a league).
Old 04-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #30
nesuchler
Bat Boy

pitcher endurance

As someone mentioned earlier, the endurance rating does not show when ratings are 'hidden,' contrary to what the patch description says. Since I installed the patch, both bunt ratings and hold runner ratings have also disappeared (though this isn't so much of a problem).

By the way, the hidden ratings option is a great way to play--really challenging.

Thanks for looking into this.
nesuchler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #31
BigMak
Minors (Single A)

Post Deadline Trades

I am getting trade offers all throughout the month of August so far. None of the players are on or cleared waivers. I accepted on and it went through.

Stolen bases seem to be very high. There are several players with 70+ stolen bases midway through August. Then a bunch more with over 40.

Feature I would like to see added is the ability to stop simming when a player with X amount of stars is placed on waivers or the trading block. I have lost several I would have claimed had I known they were placed on waivers.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:04 PM   #32
PilotMan
Bat Boy

Have played enough to know that the trading bug is keeping me from really getting anything accomplished in my game.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #33
Solack
All Star Reserve

I think this has been touched on before, but I've been seeing a problem with some players being put on waivers and then the team letting them go through! I just had the #11 ranked minor league player get put on waivers. I claimed him and I have the #1 team right now. I GOT him. He's out of Minor League options, which is why I think he was put on waivers, but he has decent stats (~50 hitting,~ 50 power and was hitting around .300, so I have no idea why he was on waivers to begin with.

Looking at his history, my team is the second team this year to have gotten him off of waivers. He was put on waivers by Boston (LOADED team, the NY Yankees of my league) and claimed by Atlanta. They put him on waivers, and I got him. I've seen other 4-5 star rookies on waivers too as well as 3-4 star veterans who are playing and have played decently, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Just wondering if this can be fixed somehow.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #34
MannyTrillo
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by rbhollow63
Pinch hitting for DH bug

I just installed the latest OOTP6 patch and now whenever I try to pinch hit for my DH it shows the pinch hitter in the line-up but the original DH still at the plate. It also shows the original DH during that at bat. On the following at bat it changes to the pinch hitter. Could someone else try an experiment to see if theirs is doing the same thing? Thanks.

**My solo league is on hold until this is resolved...
Ditto.

Poster emeritus

"Not butchery, dining!!"

obt sk cmh ct

President, A-1 Aces OT Posting Club
Click here to join
MannyTrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #35
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

I have a problem where 21 games have been played but the league standings are showing 23 games played for 2 teams. It seems the records for 2 games are being double counted. Is there any way to fix this?
garlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:07 AM   #36
WarFisch
Minors (Double A)

I had a problem with a double play. The opposing hitter hit a line drive to the pitcher, which he caught. The pbp said that the runner on first was too far off the bag, and was thrown out by the pitcher. The out was scored, but the runner was still on first base after the play was over. The next batter grounded the ball to third base, and my third baseman stepped on the bag for a force out, and the third out. I was then told that one runner was stranded. (should have been no force, and the stranded runner should not have been there.)
WarFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:58 AM   #37
suurimonster
Minors (Single A)

Reset league does not work properly, the date does not change to the beginning and the almanac is not reset.
suurimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:10 AM   #38
Grayman2424
Bat Boy

Depth chart logic is still screwy. Example:

5 star player with LF,CF
4 star player with LF
1 star player with CF

The computer will start the 5 star player in LF and the 1 star player in CF leaving the 4 star player on the bench.
Grayman2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #39
BigMak
Minors (Single A)

When looking at the list of free agents (during the season), on the free agents report and on a players html screen, the number of stars is different. I did not check during the offseason to see if that is the case there as well.

Can you add the feature where we can see a list of players who have cleared waivers on the Waiver Wire page after the trading deadline?
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #40
BobBob
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pitcher's Stuff rating Shrinks

This is in Standard league. No changes to default rosters.

My pitcher's stuff ratings decrease across the board. Within two year's, almost nobody has a Stuff of greater than 70. Offense greatly increases.

The other pitching ratings are uneffected and batting ratings are fine. I downloaded this after the patch came out.

When I encountered thsi problem. I uninstalled and reinstanlled twice, but it persists. I'd like to try downloading it before the patch and then add the 8 MB patch later.
BobBob is offline   Reply With Quote