Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 07:05 PM   #21
dpwoodford
Minors (Double A)

Another simple question... why on earth would you download the master league file, which presumably is the same thing you uploaded to start with??
Old 06-17-2002, 08:02 PM   #22
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Exclamation

OK guys, my suggestion how to proceed:

- I don't want to be the judge in this or other cases. I have a name and an email addy in my league's list for the RWBL's commish. I will change the passwords and send them to this guy.

- He should ask his owners how to proceed!! If they decide (if neccessary in a poll) to proceed without him, he should send me a mail with the name of the new commish, and I would change the password again and send it to the new guy!

- To devide a league is impossible for us, because you would create two leagues, each with only 6 "order IDs". The server costs us a lot of money each month, so we decided to follow the "12 order IDs" rule in each single case... So if a league's owners want to devide the league into two leagues, we would need 12 ID for each league. Of course, those owners who don't want to devide the league and who would like to leave the league whould be unhappy with this situation! And therefore we would close the league and delete all IDs, so that they could be used in *any* other league again. Then the two new leagues could be set up - with 12 order IDs for each - and probably one of them could use the old web space and files, if it's OK for all...

- Just a suggestion: we could use the policy that, if i.e. 10 of 12 users wants to leave a league, the league will be closed and the user's "order IDs" will be made free to use anywhere again.

What do you think about it?
Old 06-17-2002, 08:17 PM   #23
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by dpwoodford
Another simple question... why on earth would you download the master league file, which presumably is the same thing you uploaded to start with??
A couple of reasons.

One - I was brand new to online leagues, much less being a commissioner, so I did even realize how big of a security breach it was to do that.

Two - I worked from two different computers, so that I could run the league from both work and home. When I was finished I would upload the new changes, and then the next time I needed to make changes I would download the file again if necessary.

HornsManiac
2002 Big XII Tournament Champs
2002 Regional Champs
2002 Super Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-17-2002, 08:27 PM   #24
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Andreas - I am a little confused here. You said you would email the passwords to the current comish which is me, and your records show that because you emailed me not long ago to compliment our web site. So I expect to get the new info soon. Thanks a million for that part of it.

Now you are saying that if 10-12 owners want to leave you will automatically shut down the league??? I don't agree with that because I will have owners leaving, but I can replace them with new ones.

Please clarify. Thanks again.

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #25
devaneyfan
Minors (Double A)

This is fine with me. The name you have is either HornsManiac or myself. If you send me the password, I will send it on to the newly elected commissioner who already has 25+ owners supporting him and are willing to continue the league from the point it left off. I would expect the new commish to responsible for the server after that and to request a new passord.

If the name is HornsManiac's, he will keep the server space for himself without even aknowledging the new commish. In that case, I imagine there will be several unhappy people who would have had their order ID's being used by this guy.

So, the outcome will depend on who's name you have and who gets the password. I will not make another peep about it regardless.

Thank you guys for providing this space. It is a great service. I'm sorry to have been at the root of such a debacle as this.

Jeff
Old 06-17-2002, 09:02 PM   #26
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

For the first time in a long time I actually do agree with devaneyfan. This is a wonderful service you guys provide us.

However, please disregard what devaneyfan is saying about 25 owners wanting to continue my league without me. I have a plethora of owners ready to step in immediately as well. Yes, some of the originals will leave, but RWBL will continue to move forward regardless and that is what is important to me - keeping my dream league alive. Countless amounts or work, blood, sweat, and tears have been put into this project.

Best regards,

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-17-2002, 09:29 PM   #27
kcchief19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I submitted my order ID for the RWBL server space, so I assume that it was used. Count me in the category of owners who wants their ID back if HornsManiac/Kevin is allowed to have claim to the server space. I don't mind if control of the site is given to the democratically elected regime, but be damned if I'll let HM/Kevin use my order ID for his purposes.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:35 PM   #28
Neuqua458
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ditto, I'm not sure if mine was used or not, but in teh case that it was, I'd like to have it back and use it for a league which I actually participate in..
Old 06-18-2002, 01:10 AM   #29
Raven
Minors (Single A)

If you have a plethora of owners waiting at your leagues doorstep, why is it that other than your Commish, noone, (read: NOT A SINGLE PERSON) has posted on your league website yet?

Regardless, Andreas, PLEASE settle this situation immediately so that the RWB can continue.

Thank you.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:37 AM   #30
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
If you have a plethora of owners waiting at your leagues doorstep, why is it that other than your Commish, noone, (read: NOT A SINGLE PERSON) has posted on your league website yet?
Do you really think I am going to keep names and email addresses on that message board? I am not cruel enough to leave my new owners hanging there as targets for you and your group of flaming, bashing, name calling, and beligerant trolls. I have owners lying in wait, so you can be rest assured of that. One of them is a league president in two different VERY popular leagues here on the OOTP server. He is also actively recruiting more owners from those leagues and others.

Andreas - I can guarantee you that I am ready for action as soon as I receive your email with the new passwords.

Thanks a million!

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-18-2002, 02:51 AM   #31
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

I know that I am going to be really ****ing pissed if the antics of this loser screw the server space deal for other leagues.

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:18 AM   #32
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
I know that I am going to be really ****ing pissed if the antics of this loser screw the server space deal for other leagues.
I agree, & this is bad for all leagues. It's easily the worst example of online cheating I have witnessed, and I hope there is no fallout for the 99.9% of the leagues out there that have honest owners and Commishes. I urge people that are new to online leagues to investigate the rep of any league you are about to join, you really do not have to go through this kind of thing. I feel bad for the honest people in this particular league who may have trouble fully enjoying online competition after this episode.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:20 AM   #33
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Draft Dodger & Killebrew - I am really disappointed in your posts. Somehow I thought you were both more mature than that.

Next time before you go out and berate someone that you don't even know you should maybe have something supporting your claim. I am not going to defend myself now, because I shouldn't have to any longer. Just remember this above everything else....

There is NO PROOF that I have done anything wrong.

Regards,

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #34
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Man, stop denying you cheated. We all know you did!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:20 AM   #35
Subby
Major Leagues

There is a ton of proof and devaneyfan laid it all out in the post you deleted from the RWBL message board. There is no way someone downloaded the league file from the webspace, made changes to just your team's players, and then just happened to upload it before you downloaded it back to your computer.

Not only would that entail an absolutely ridiculous conspiriatorial plot, but it means the person in question would have to know both the ftp password AND the commissioner password.

So, continue to name call and obfuscate...but that doesn't change the fact that there is plenty of proof.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #36
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

LOL

Subby - I love the way you so conveniently forget that several people had all of those passwords.

We will just wait and see what Andreas does about this, but I am tired of bickering over it.

The other owners need to continue with their new league just like Raven said, "using their own web space." You can also apply for your own OOTP Leagues space, but this OOTP Leagues space is rightfully mine and the name RWBL is also rightfully mine. After all, I did establish the league and name it - not to mention being the commish.

"Duh, HornsManiac, why would that make the name yours?"

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #37
Subby
Major Leagues

It's all so clear to me now.

You were framed.

Hopefully you will do the decent thing and make sure that all the guys leaving YOUR league get their IDs back so that they can get alternate OOTP-server space...

One final question:

How could you not notice the ratings and talent changes your players received?
Old 06-18-2002, 10:32 AM   #38
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Dola...

Also, Subby, this post that devaneyfan laid out only identified which players had been adjusted.

I never denied that players were adjusted.

My arguement is I did not do it. So that post you guys keep attacking me over would not help this out one bit.... unless of course Andreas was going to be the one to go back into our league file and edit the players back to their original ratings.

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #39
bsak16
Bat Boy

If you knew that the players' ratings were adjusted why didnt you come out and say that they were? You didnt notice a big change in your prospects' ratings and AGES?

GM Yakult Swallows JBL

GM Caracas Chupacabras LABL
Co-Commish
Old 06-18-2002, 10:50 AM   #40
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by bsak16
If you knew that the players' ratings were adjusted why didnt you come out and say that they were? You didnt notice a big change in your prospects' ratings and AGES?
bsak16 - You know the answer to that question already. What a dumb question to ask me, especially when it has been asked about 500 times already on every sports related board on the net.

Also, I love the way you are trying to turn this around and make it look like I knew the ratings had been changed before this story broke on Friday. This is not how it happened and you know that. Devaneyfan posted the changes and then I went back into the original league file and verified that at least some of them had been adjusted. THAT is when I acknowledged that we had a problem. I did not know before he brought it to the league's attention.

Give it up! Andreas, has policies he must follow and he will do what is right. You guys are free to leave the league if you choose to go, and no one is denying that. What you are doing now is selfishly imploring for the name of my league and you don't have that right. When you leave a league you go with the same thing you came with, which is a desire to have fun and enjoy a new online league, and there is nothing more to it than that. This is really a very simple concept that has been blown way out of proportion. Just because you guys joined in concert to speak out about this doesn't make you in the right. Again, it is no different that anyone else leaving a league for another one that makes them happier.

Thanks,

HornsManiac
2002 Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Closed Thread