Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 05-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #21
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Arrgh! Stupid instant e-mail notify isn't working.

Sorry.

PM sent. You've got the password.

-E

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #22
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I had a season come to the playoffs and there were none scheduled. I looked and saw that I had no playoff setup. So, I blamed it on the players having a strike and the WS was postponed.

If felt... so real...
Old 05-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #23
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage
Arrgh! Stupid instant e-mail notify isn't working.

Sorry.

PM sent. You've got the password.

-E
Thanks got it. Been away from my pc for a while. I'll take a look and let you know asap.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 AM   #24
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
Thanks got it. Been away from my pc for a while. I'll take a look and let you know asap.
Fidel,

Don't worry about it. I figured it out last night. Thank you very much for offering to help! I really appreciate it, as I'm sure the other WHBL folks do.

And if you still want to play around and see what might've happened, feel free. I'd still like to diagnose the cause, even if we're already cured.

-E

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 05-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #25
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

For anyone wondering what I found. There were 2 teams tied that needed to have a playoff before a schedule could be generated for the playoffs.

Happy Gaming !!

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 05-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #26
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
For anyone wondering what I found. There were 2 teams tied that needed to have a playoff before a schedule could be generated for the playoffs.

Happy Gaming !!
IIRC, he tried simming the 1-game playoff using a copy of the file and the playoffs still didnt generate

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #27
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
IIRC, he tried simming the 1-game playoff using a copy of the file and the playoffs still didnt generate
They start on October 21. but that's a wierd playoff and only one game. I'm still checking it out.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #28
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

O.k. Here's what I found...

You have some (make-up??) games that are scheduled at some odd times during October, some of which are interleague games and some teams end up with an odd number of games for the regular season.

The good news is...

You will not lose the playoffs. They will start immediately after those games get played out. I just clicked "sim season" and it asked me "Stop before playoffs?" and I chose "yes". Sure enough, the playoff bracket showed up and so did a full schedule of playoff games exactly as it should. The weird games that were scheduled didn't affect the playoff teams at all.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your post season! looks like a great league!

Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #29
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

there should be no interleague games
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #30
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

One other word of advice... If you plan on making any changes to the settings, playoff format, schedule, draft date, etc., etc. make them at the end of the season, after the post-season but before "proceed to next season". This allows the game to configure the next season properly. Otherwise, you get draft problems, wierd schedules and other abnormalities.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #31
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

What happened here (I'm pretty sure anyway - it was a totally bizarre occurance), is that I manually tweaked the Americas Cup (World Series) last season so the home-field advantage was actually in place, contrary to what the game had offered up in the schedule.

What it looks like is that the game somehow held over the schedule from the previous season and didn't clear it.

What I did was go back previous to simming the one-game playoff again, and erase the 'hidden' games that were randomly left later in the month. I then went back and simmed the one-game playoff and the rest of the playoffs then populated correctly.

This was absolutely an OOTP issue. It should not have happened. That being said, I understand that when you start tinkering with schedule, things can get a little funny. THAT being said, if OOTP actually scheduled things correctly, I wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

Did that make any sense whatsoever?

-E

Old 05-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #32
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

Errrr ... I noticed some weird games for a few teams in mid-late October on the previous schedule ... like 2-4 games for 6? teams. I was going to mention it, but hoped it would be taken care of with the scheduling foul-up. Didn't occur to me that it could a part of the problem ...

I'll scan the schedule for some of the teams in the new file and see if there are still these games ... I didn't see any interleague, but I think two of the teams with ghost games were Buenos Aires and Cali ... possibly Vancouver in the NA ...

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #33
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

dola,

Well, if the games were removed, then there's no more problem.

But yeah, the game should schedule a one-game playoff after the regular season if necessary, and then generate the rest of the playoff schedule without having to edit it in manually ...

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote