Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Need Help With Pitch Ratings

Why do some pitchers have a number in the Fastball section and some pitchers do not have a number?
To me, it looks like both of the pitchers have velocity for a real good fastball... but one has a "0" rating and the other has a "137" rating.

What rating do you have to have on a pitch to be an effective pitch?

If a pitcher has a 100 rating on a pitch and another one has a 200 rating on the pitch, is his pitch twice as good as the first one.
Is a 100 rating on a pitch just considered to be an average pitch?

The pitcher on the left side appears to have less quality pitches than on the one on the right... can the pitcher on the left be more effective than the one one the right?

I see pitchers with great numbers on teams, but the AI ignores them for a pitcher with lesser numbers... it is confusing.

I realize stuff, movement and control are also part of the ratings.

Would appreciate some help in this area of the game... I see players with great ratings that don't seem to play much... both pitchers and position players... the AI will play a lesser pitcher or position player over a guy with higher ratings... why is this?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-21-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

First off, the fastball, sinker and cutter are all variation of a fastball. OOTP's fastball is the four seam fastball (the one that is thrown up in the zone), the sinker is a two seam, thrown low and then the cutter is sort of a fastball/slider hybrid.

In OOTP, usually, and maybe always, pitchers will have at least one of these. In real life pitchers will sometimes throw two fastballs.

i can only draw on my online experiences for the your other questions. i have noticed on my teams three things with regards to ratings.

With veterans, or players on the downside of their career, sometimes their performance will be better than their ratings. Using my OOTP imagination, it's like they are using their experience to make up for their slip in talent.

Same thing with players on the upside of their career, in reverse. They'll start playing above their ratings. Again using my OOTP imagination, it's like they have some success and they gain confidence.

The third thing is, no matter how accurate the scouting ratings are supposed to be. Sometime they just don't match up. i've grabbed plenty of guys off the scrap heap (either in season free agents or the waiver wire) with good to great with bad stats. i grab them thinking maybe it's from bad matchups with their former teams. Sure enough they just don't perform up to their ratings.

Finally, if you are playing with coaching on, the ai rarely use the just ratings (or in game they call it scouting), they'll use some combination of scouting and their stats going back, i think as far as two seasons. And some managers prefer vets to rookies, or they value defense more than offense, or speed vs. power.

Hope this gives you some ideas on where to look. This was just off the top of my head.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sorry... I posted this in the wrong forum... thought I was posting in the Discussions Forum.

Thanks to Dark Horse for helping me.

But I will also see what they say on the Discussions Forum.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote