Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
curt
Major Leagues

New To Me

My AGM is presenting me with players I may want to trade for. I have never seen this before. Is this new??
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
manitoba45oes
Minors (Rookie Ball)

do you have it set for your AGM to take care of player trades? ive never selected it like that ive always had the box checked that only enables me take of trading. if this is how it works and your AGM is out there talking about trades and presenting them to you i think that is pretty damn cool

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
manitoba45oes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:40 PM   #3
curt
Major Leagues

I'll look and see what I have checked off for the AGM. I do find it handy though. He';; tells me that a certain player on a team may be helpful to our team and I then have the option to initiate a trade.for that player.I also had 2B checked off in my team needs and it was 2B players he was suggesting.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:12 PM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I get that all the time from my AGM. I was getting it last year too. I play as GM/Manager and the only things I leave to him are minor league signings. I'm not sure how scientific it is. Like is he offering players that you are likely to be able to trade for or is the AI just scouring rosters randomly and if it finds something within the parameters that would satisfy a "need" does it just stop there and let you know that the player exists? I haven't played enough with it to make any kind of determination myself but I am curious as to how much logic is involved in the process.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #5
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I get that all the time from my AGM. I was getting it last year too. I play as GM/Manager and the only things I leave to him are minor league signings. I'm not sure how scientific it is. Like is he offering players that you are likely to be able to trade for or is the AI just scouring rosters randomly and if it finds something within the parameters that would satisfy a "need" does it just stop there and let you know that the player exists? I haven't played enough with it to make any kind of determination myself but I am curious as to how much logic is involved in the process.
My needs included a 2B prospect and the AGM was showing me legitimate players. I had already acquired a couple prospects so I wasn't really interested at the time. I did investigate the players and even tinkered with a trade offer. If I still required someone at 2B I would have found this very helpful.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I believe the task is activated when you have needs designated. Without any, the AGM won't be on the prowl to satisfy that request.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's a trap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

don't do it. they have put poison pills in every trade offer. they will be doomed.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I believe the task is activated when you have needs designated. Without any, the AGM won't be on the prowl to satisfy that request.
I believe you are correct sir!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

My AGM was sending me trade targets when I set a team need to SP.
PepeSylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #10
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Where are the settings for this? I'm not seeing any of this but would like to.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can ask questions or you can google for the answers and get them sooner :p

here's the manual:

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...age=team_needs

here's an exmple of how to effectively use google to search forums and manual -- much better than forum search or search built into manual itself...

one note -- if you get a "18" manual, simply type "20" into URL, or whatever current year is. 99% of the time it is the same path with updated tidbits or the same exact info in many cases too.

i googled

team needs manual site:ootpdevelopments.com

which you can see the results below in link. i had to replace "19" with "20", but it's the same exact location in game and same exact screen sans some asthetic changes at most. had i typed in 20 with origianl search, i bet the ootp20 manual would have been at the top.. instead it showed the most frequently visited first, most likely....

https://www.google.com/search?client...iz.rZpUrl_XJ-c

you could have shaved 7 hours off the time it took to get an answer.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-09-2019 at 01:45 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote