Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #301
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about you create them if you know how to make Stadiums?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #302
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
How about you create them if you know how to make Stadiums?
I have been doing so in my own version of the game...
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #303
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Very minor point, but the Gwinnett Braves still have the abbreviation as RIC, from when the Braves AAA affiliate was in Richmond.
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:26 PM   #304
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Hillsboro Hops' ballpark is still listed as the one they played in before they moved from Yakima.

Here's some imperfections in rookie league/spring training facilities, in addition to the ones PSUColonel mentioned:

GCL Pirates are listed as playing at Calvin Falwell Field, home of the Lynchburg Hillcats. Should be McKechnie Field. Same goes for the Bradenton Marauders. They are listed at Pirate City Stadium, which is not exactly correct... plus the capacity and dimensions are off.

GCL Blue Jays and Dunedin Blue Jays stadium has been renamed "Florida Auto Exchange Stadium".

GCL Yankees 2 are listed as playing at "Timberwolves Stadium". They should be at Steinbrenner Field, just like the GCL Yankees 1.

GCL Rays are listed at "Louisville Grounds". Should be at Charlotte Sports Park.

GCL Astros are listed at "Ballpark of Belvedere". Should be Osceola County Stadium.

GCL Mets are listed at "Ensigns Ballpark". Should be Tradition Field, just like the Port St. Lucie Mets.

GCL Red Sox/Red Sox Spring Training no longer at City of Palms Park. Have both been at JetBlue Park at Fenway South since 2012. Creating this ballpark was easy since it has the exact same dimensions as Fenway, including the Monster at the same height

AZL Cubs have a new stadium in Mesa called Cubs Park. No longer at HoHoKam Field.

AZL Indians and Reds are both at Goodyear Ballpark. They're still listed at their Grapefruit League Stadiums, which they each left in 2009 and 2010, respectively.

AZL D-Backs should be at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, where they've been since 2011. They're listed at "Tidal Waves Ballpark"

EDIT: forgot to mention that the Lynchburg Hillcats are listed as playing at Ed Smith Stadium, Orioles spring training home. They should be at Calvin Falwell Field, where the GCL Pirates are mistakenly listed as playing.

Last edited by mdtwnkfey; 05-16-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #305
itshim99
Minors (Double A)

major issue with relief pitchers

Is it just me or are reliever's stuff ratings a little inflated. Also if you turn a reliever into a starter, his stuff rating drops. Not sure what to make of. Anyone have any insight on the matter.
itshim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #306
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

Not sure if this has been brought up before or is even fixable, but a lot of guys with a lot of service time and no minor league options left in real life are listed as having up to the full three option years left...
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #307
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Not sure if this has been brought up before or is even fixable, but a lot of guys with a lot of service time and no minor league options left in real life are listed as having up to the full three option years left...
Can you pm me some examples of which players?

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #308
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Can you pm me some examples of which players?

hb
sure thing
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #309
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim99 View Post
Is it just me or are reliever's stuff ratings a little inflated. Also if you turn a reliever into a starter, his stuff rating drops. Not sure what to make of. Anyone have any insight on the matter.
This is by design. If a pitcher is designated as a reliever, OOTP assumes he will rely on his two best pitches.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #310
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Could we get a general idea of what kind of changes took place to the MLB Quickstart in the latest OOTP 15 patch? I do not need any bugs fixes as I have experienced no crashes and I do not use 3D so if there has nothing significant upgraded in the QS I would like to know so I can skip this update and not have to rename 260+ teams (minor league names have lost nicknames too) and then deal with reloading logos, etc, etc.
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #311
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Player/Pitcher History fixed with Drafted by Team for active bad retired?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #312
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
Could we get a general idea of what kind of changes took place to the MLB Quickstart in the latest OOTP 15 patch? I do not need any bugs fixes as I have experienced no crashes and I do not use 3D so if there has nothing significant upgraded in the QS I would like to know so I can skip this update and not have to rename 260+ teams (minor league names have lost nicknames too) and then deal with reloading logos, etc, etc.
Taiwan was fully updated for 2014.

Correct *** salaries added and maybe a few other *** focused tweaks as well.

Quite a few tweaks to the draft prospects, added correct dobs etc. for a lot of them as well as adjusting ratings.

Doubtless haveband and the guys did some other stuff I'm not aware of, but that's most of it.

PM me for help on the renaming thing, if you still need it.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #313
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Player/Pitcher History fixed with Drafted by Team for active bad retired?
No.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #314
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Taiwan was fully updated for 2014.

Correct *** salaries added and maybe a few other *** focused tweaks as well.

Quite a few tweaks to the draft prospects, added correct dobs etc. for a lot of them as well as adjusting ratings.

Doubtless haveband and the guys did some other stuff I'm not aware of, but that's most of it.

PM me for help on the renaming thing, if you still need it.
What I mainly did was add a ton more international amateur free agents to the game. As a matter of fact I am hoping to add another couple hundred in the next week. Also with the DSL and VSL seasons opening, I am setting up proper OD rosters for those leagues and sticking the guys left back on the teams International complexes.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #315
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Default one does thank you.

Last edited by mgom27; 05-24-2014 at 10:50 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #316
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Hillsboro Hops' ballpark is still listed as the one they played in before they moved from Yakima.

Here's some imperfections in rookie league/spring training facilities, in addition to the ones PSUColonel mentioned:

GCL Pirates are listed as playing at Calvin Falwell Field, home of the Lynchburg Hillcats. Should be McKechnie Field. Same goes for the Bradenton Marauders. They are listed at Pirate City Stadium, which is not exactly correct... plus the capacity and dimensions are off.

GCL Blue Jays and Dunedin Blue Jays stadium has been renamed "Florida Auto Exchange Stadium".

GCL Yankees 2 are listed as playing at "Timberwolves Stadium". They should be at Steinbrenner Field, just like the GCL Yankees 1.

GCL Rays are listed at "Louisville Grounds". Should be at Charlotte Sports Park.

GCL Astros are listed at "Ballpark of Belvedere". Should be Osceola County Stadium.

GCL Mets are listed at "Ensigns Ballpark". Should be Tradition Field, just like the Port St. Lucie Mets.

GCL Red Sox/Red Sox Spring Training no longer at City of Palms Park. Have both been at JetBlue Park at Fenway South since 2012. Creating this ballpark was easy since it has the exact same dimensions as Fenway, including the Monster at the same height

AZL Cubs have a new stadium in Mesa called Cubs Park. No longer at HoHoKam Field.

AZL Indians and Reds are both at Goodyear Ballpark. They're still listed at their Grapefruit League Stadiums, which they each left in 2009 and 2010, respectively.

AZL D-Backs should be at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, where they've been since 2011. They're listed at "Tidal Waves Ballpark"

EDIT: forgot to mention that the Lynchburg Hillcats are listed as playing at Ed Smith Stadium, Orioles spring training home. They should be at Calvin Falwell Field, where the GCL Pirates are mistakenly listed as playing.
Is this stuff ever going to be fixed (including proper weather), or do I have to do all of this on my own? I've been holding out to start a league until all these little details are taken care of.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #317
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Is this stuff ever going to be fixed (including proper weather), or do I have to do all of this on my own? I've been holding out to start a league until all these little details are taken care of.
I sure hope so. I've made most, if not all of these edits in each version of OOTP I've bought.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #318
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
I sure hope so. I've made most, if not all of these edits in each version of OOTP I've bought.
Could you please zip up a copy of the .dat files of your league with these changes and pm the link to haveband or myself?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:42 AM   #319
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Could you please zip up a copy of the .dat files of your league with these changes and pm the link to haveband or myself?
Aye, I also would very much appreciate this..

I have found with this year's OOTP, I am more confused than ever just getting a quickstart to load with the photo pack I have setup to go.... and that's just a random example... I have had a lot of little issues, stuff that drives me nuts.

I have to ask as well if there is an "easy" fix for this update that stripped teams of names, and if so, could you please PM me? I'll admit I do not know a lick about designing stadiums (I also don't care about 3D features and with my luck it will just make my computer use more memory anyway, so I am hesitant to download this update as a whole if it's difficult to find a fix for the names) but if the other guy who has renamed the teams will not post or cannot post a .zip of his file with the names updated, I'd be more than happy to do so as soon as possible. The game has a lot of little things that has me stuck wanting to either play historical or fictional (entirely) only, and still waiting on my opening day run...when we're a day from June 1. I think I am going to just do the edits I feel necessary, while downloading the new update once I figure out this trick people speak of, and I could zip that into a quickstart or whatever if you guys want? I have some MiLB photos that some people may not have, too, so I could include my personal photo pack even if a lot of the photos in there are not sorted and some randomly named after their team at the time (ie Jamie_Moyer_BAL.jpg ....and I'm now wondering if the game imports png files this year only, because any time I start anything with my pictures in the right folders they seem to import the wrong- or old ones that seem outdated and I don't understand what's going wrong there).

But yes, I could rename those and plan to do so shortly here as well as some of the other little fixes I am capable of (making stadium mods and anything like that is a little beyond what I know about OOTP15 as since the above pretty much implies I'm retarded with this game, and to be honest, the last time I was able to understand and make my own mods was whatever version that pierre guy was making them for last made them for...lol). I would/will zip it if I finish it in time and it's worth the while (ergo the other guy doesn't post his, but if he has it already or almost done then by all means... I'd love a copy and be grateful and I'm sure it'd beat mine if it has stadium setups and stuff).....
Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #320
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammich View Post
Aye, I also would very much appreciate this..

I have found with this year's OOTP, I am more confused than ever just getting a quickstart to load with the photo pack I have setup to go.... and that's just a random example... I have had a lot of little issues, stuff that drives me nuts.

I have to ask as well if there is an "easy" fix for this update that stripped teams of names, and if so, could you please PM me? I'll admit I do not know a lick about designing stadiums (I also don't care about 3D features and with my luck it will just make my computer use more memory anyway, so I am hesitant to download this update as a whole if it's difficult to find a fix for the names) but if the other guy who has renamed the teams will not post or cannot post a .zip of his file with the names updated, I'd be more than happy to do so as soon as possible. The game has a lot of little things that has me stuck wanting to either play historical or fictional (entirely) only, and still waiting on my opening day run...when we're a day from June 1. I think I am going to just do the edits I feel necessary, while downloading the new update once I figure out this trick people speak of, and I could zip that into a quickstart or whatever if you guys want? I have some MiLB photos that some people may not have, too, so I could include my personal photo pack even if a lot of the photos in there are not sorted and some randomly named after their team at the time (ie Jamie_Moyer_BAL.jpg ....and I'm now wondering if the game imports png files this year only, because any time I start anything with my pictures in the right folders they seem to import the wrong- or old ones that seem outdated and I don't understand what's going wrong there).

But yes, I could rename those and plan to do so shortly here as well as some of the other little fixes I am capable of (making stadium mods and anything like that is a little beyond what I know about OOTP15 as since the above pretty much implies I'm retarded with this game, and to be honest, the last time I was able to understand and make my own mods was whatever version that pierre guy was making them for last made them for...lol). I would/will zip it if I finish it in time and it's worth the while (ergo the other guy doesn't post his, but if he has it already or almost done then by all means... I'd love a copy and be grateful and I'm sure it'd beat mine if it has stadium setups and stuff).....
The main point in getting haveband or I a copy is that if someone will do so we'll check it out and send it to Markus for inclusion in the official quickstart. As for the team names, I'll send a PM.