Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-15-2013, 01:48 AM   #101
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1892
Second Division Top Game Performances

Name:  1892 D2 Top Game Performances.png
Views: 863
Size:  343.3 KB
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #102
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1892
Second Division Top 20 Batsmen and Pitchers

Name:  1892 D2 Top 20 Players.png
Views: 1191
Size:  294.4 KB

Last edited by chucksabr; 05-10-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #103
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1892
Second Division Financial Report

Name:  1892 D2 Financial.png
Views: 802
Size:  299.3 KB
Old 11-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #104
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

One of the more amazing performances of the 1892 League season was that of Percy Mitchell, who helped Aston Villa to the top of the table in the top flight in general, but who also twirled consecutive no-hit efforts against two different teams a mere three days apart.

Congratulations to you, Mr. Mitchell, on your feat! Perhaps the people of the year 1992 will know of your name and celebrate your exploits from that special period in July!

Name:  Percy Mitchell Card.png
Views: 953
Size:  139.7 KB

Name:  Percy Mitchell NH 1.png
Views: 708
Size:  328.1 KB

Name:  Percy Mitchell NH 2.png
Views: 723
Size:  334.2 KB

Last edited by chucksabr; 10-25-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #105
dl_
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Baseball League 1892
First Division Top Game Performances

Attachment 312306
Pitchers going double-digit innings? And having to start again three or four days later? Insanity!
dl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #106
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl_ View Post
Pitchers going double-digit innings? And having to start again three or four days later? Insanity!
Those pussies on the mound today could learn a thing or two about how to be a man from great-great-great grandpa.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #107
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

http://goo.gl/QoeNgS

The almanac for the Baseball League 1892 season can be acquired here, to be perused at your leisure. (WinRAR required to unzip the almanac.)
Old 11-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #108
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

1892 Season News & Notes

The pitcher's era in the Baseball League continues apace in 1892 as league, team and individual records attest. Despite the longer season, division ERA for the top flight fell to 3.03, down substantially from 3.29 in 1891, which itself was the first year under 4. The Second Division was even harder to hit pitchers in, where Division ERA was 2.94. Hits per game were also at an all-time low of 8.51 in D1 and 8.38 in D2, as were home runs per game at 0.221 (D1) and 0.173 (D2).

Team ERA record was also set by Sunderland with 2.03, far lower than Blackburn's 2.39 the same year. However, WBA, Nottingham Forest, The Wednesday and Notts County all had ERAs lower than the previous team record of 2.52 set by Burnley just last season. Other notable records set this past season include fewest hits/9 by Aston Villa (7.41), fewest walks/9 by Sunderland (1.53), highest SO/BB ratio, also by Sunderland (2.28), and lowest WHIP by -- you guessed it -- Sunderland (1.034). Sunderland starters also completed 86.7% of their games, another record.

On the individual pitcher front, Nottingham Forest's Charles Chasmore set a League record with 25 wins, although Aston Villa's Edward Jones (24) and Enoch Atherton of Sunderland (23) were close behind. Other D1 20-game winners in 1892 were Cyril Radford (Sunderland, 21); Josiah King (Aston Villa, 20) and Edmund Parker (Blackburn, 20). Other individual records set this year include 28 complete games by Mark Parry of Newton Heath; 274-1/3 innings pitched by Harold McLean of The Wednesday; 172 strikeouts by Parker; 0.980 WHIP by Atherton; 7.05 H/9 by King; and 5.91 K/9 by Parker.

Speaking of Edmund Parker and strikeout records, he has held the individual strikeout record for the League each of the last four years: 50 in 1889; 73 in 1890; 155 last year; and of course 172 this year. One more Parker strikeout fact: of the eleven games in which pitchers have struck out 10 or more hitters, Parker has seven of them.

All this, of course, but we can't forget to mention the record that will almost certainly never be broken: most consecutive no-hit complete games, two, by Percy Mitchell of Aston Villa on 25 and 28 July.

There was not much in the way of offensive records set this year, although one notable record was 57 stolen bases by William Clark of Sunderland and, ignominiously, 108 strikeouts by Frederick Magee of Stoke Ramblers.

In individual games, three separate players hit three triples in a game in the top flight for the first time: Richard Jarvis of Blackburn; Fred Grant of Notts County; and Joshua Reeve of Derby County.

The only player retirement of any note was by Horace Judge, the 38-year old C for Northwich Victoria, who had .215/.296/.297 in a mostly undistinguished career spent mostly in the Alliance.

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-16-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #109
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

One of the nods to realism I am trying to be faithful to in the dynasty has to do with the scheduling. In 19th Century England there was a big taboo against public activity on Sundays. They weren't unique in that regard—here in the States, the National League didn't play Sunday ball in the 1880s, and when the American Association implemented it, it was highly controversial.

However, there's no simple in-game setting to implement in bulk specialized schedules to avoid Sundays, or play doubleheaders, or even play 100% day games, a circumstance that was set in stone in the 1800s. I needed all three of these to start with. So I had to make the adjustment manually myself.

There was NO way I was going to go in to make the adjustments manually, within the game, painstakingly, one by one, like a crazy man. Fortunately, it's easy to download the schedule, which has an lsdl file extension but is easily editable in Notepad. Seeing it, I realized I could build my own editor in Excel, using the =concatenate function. So I did.

This is what it looks like:

Name:  11-16-13 4-26-45 PM R2.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  302.3 KB

First thing I do is generate a fictional schedule for my league in the Schedule Editor (League Menu/League Setup/Editors/Edit League Schedule). Once I've done that, I select Schedule ... ^/Export to File, select a target folder, and Save, noting the name of the file and changing it if necessary. I then navigate to the target folder and open the lsdl file in Notepad.

In notepad, I copy the schedule part only and paste in into cell P5 on my Schedule Concatenate Template (I'm not so good at naming things elegantly). I then use Text-To-Columns delimiting the schedule on the quote mark (") which divides all the parts into their own separate column. All I really care about is what ends up in columns U and W, which are the away and home teams.

The part between columns H and K is the guts of my schedule. I copy what ends up in U and W to columns J and K. In column I is the game time. Since I must have all day games and the majority of times OOTP assigns shows up here as 1905 (7:05pm), I make my time changes in I. Column H is the day of the season, with your Opening Day representing 1.

In this case, I start my season on Monday, and play six days each week with Sundays off. So everyone is scheduled for day 1, then day 2, then day 3, and so on through day 6; then I skip to 8 and go through 13; then 15-20, 22-27, etc. IOW, I skip all the "touchdown' numbers because those are the Sundays. Since my days of the week and game times repeat throughout the season, it's easy enough to copy and paste all the way down or, easier still, use reference formulas.

The result appears in Column A. That's where I use the =concatenate formula to build the schedule for each game. The formula looks like this:

Name:  11-16-13 5-09-16 PM.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  12.4 KB

And you get something that looks exactly like the kind of game day schedule that the Game generates.

I copy this formula all the way down to the end, and I have my entire season schedule. I then copy every game in column A and paste it over the entire original schedule in the original .lsdl file, and I save it as a text file in the same folder under a slightly revised name.

Lastly, in OOTP, I select Schedule ... ^/Import from File, select the file I just revised, and yada yada yada, I have my new specialized schedule!

Once I get rolling in a stretch of seasons that are similar, such as the six year stretch of 90 game seasons for sixteen team leagues I have coming up, I can make this change from the Game's fictional schedule to my specialized schedule in under five minutes total. And here's an example of what it looks like, for the champion Aston Villa Villans for June of the upcoming 1893 season:

Name:  11-16-13 4-55-14 PM.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  106.8 KB

I'll make the Schedule Concatenate Template available here, for anyone who needs a way to quickly put together their own specialized schedules, but haven't figured out a way to do it themselves:

Schedule Concatenate Template.xls

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-16-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #110
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

As 1893 Season Is In The Offing, Changes Are Afoot

Pitching Mound Moved, Longer Second Division Season,
Foreign Players, London Team All New This Year

With a successful two-division campaign behind the League and a bright future ahead of it, the Kingdom’s base ball fans will continue to see big changes to the game they have come to know and love, the biggest of which is the move of the pitching mound from 50 feet away from the plate back to 60 feet 6 inches, in line with the change also being made in America in order to provide batsmen a better chance against pitchers, and increase the scoring of runs.

Whereas last year’s efforts by second level clubs were witnessed only at the weekends, as players had other jobs to attend to during the week, now only the players who consider themselves fully professional will be taking to the pitch for their respective clubs. Offhand, that appears to be nearly all of them, as the status of having a professional base ball player in their midst is enough for their regular employers to allow them to exercise a fifteen-week furlough from gainful employment to pursue their other, sun-drenched, avocation.

As the Second Division matures, what the astute fan will see is play that, in the opinion of this writer, is very much equal to that of the first level. Or, to be more precise, since in retrospect that reads as a rather absurd statement, the best players at the second level could be considered among the equals of the better players at the top level. The difference between the First and the Second lies mainly in the middle and bottom of club squads.

For example, consider Alfred Shaw, the 20-year old local boy on the receiving end of the battery for Burslem Port Vale. He is as solid a batsman as any backstop in either division, with a powerful batting stroke rarely seen in any league on any level thus far. His future is very bright indeed. He is one to watch. Observers are also keen on the skills of Ernest Sheehan, the speed merchant from Newcastle aged 19, as well as pitchers Matthew Magill, Sheehan’s 18-year old mate in for the Magpies, and Frederick Lord, a Walsall Town starter at the rather advanced beginner's age of 24. These are the players who should be plying their trade in the top flight, and with any luck, their clubs will perform such that this vision will come to pass.

In the First Division, the usual crew of clubs find themselves in the position of being classed as favourites for the title. The Villans of Aston Villa and Clarets of Burnley, winner of all five titles of the League so far, will be fighting for primacy, whilst the upstarts of Black Cats of Sunderland, Owls of The Wednesday from Sheffield, and Red Devils of Newton Heath will all have had their say by the time the proceedings have wrapped up.

Two interesting side notes should be mentioned here, both with strong implications for the future. The first is the presence of the first London team, the Gunners of Woolwich Arsenal. Despite that they will be travelling hither and yon all summer for the pleasure of engaging in top flight competition, that will be its own reward at least for a year, at the end of which time their supporters will be demanding high level performance with eventual advancement to the top of the table in the First Division. The aversion to professional base ball may be waning in the south of our land, which should augur well for the advancement of play of the game to an ever higher level, which will certainly accrue to the delight of fans throughout the Kingdom.

The other notable note is that 1893 will see the first foreign players to play on the base ball pitches of England. Edward Gates is a 28-year old short stop from Dublin, currently on the reserve squad of the Everton Blues, so he may see some action for the glory of Erin sometime this year. Across the way in Wolverhampton, 21-year old Welshman Jim Seares of Cardiff will pitch in relief of spent starters on the active squad of the Wolves. With base ball growing in these countries, and indeed especially in Scotland, this writer believes it won’t be long before we see several more foreign batsmen and pitchers playing, and starring, for the best clubs of England.

Last edited by chucksabr; 10-03-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #111
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893: Clubs

Name:  1893 D1 Logos Pictures.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  232.2 KB

Name:  1893 D2 Logos Pictures.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  237.4 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #112
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893: Club Locations

First Division

Name:  1893 Div 1 Map.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  145.5 KB

Second Division

Name:  1893 Div 2 Map.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  101.5 KB

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-19-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #113
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893 Top Prospects

Name:  1893 D1 Top Prospects.png
Views: 700
Size:  257.1 KB

Name:  1893 D2 Top Prospects.png
Views: 695
Size:  368.3 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #115
WTO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I assume Ardwick Citizens is Manchester City. Maybe making a list to show the affiliate soccer club would be nice. For example, I had to Google Newton Heath Red Devils to find out they are Manchester United, then assumed Small Heath was City...
WTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #116
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893
First Division Results

Name:  1893 D1 League Home Almanac.png
Views: 685
Size:  451.8 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #117
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893
First Division Champions

Blackburn Rovers

Name:  1893 D1 Blackburn.png
Views: 665
Size:  260.1 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #118
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893
First Division Final Table

Name:  1893 D1 Standings.png
Views: 1021
Size:  233.8 KB

Promotion and relegation was decided in a series of Test Matches between the bottom three clubs in Division 1 and the top three clubs in Division 2. The third from bottom club in Division 1 played the third club in Division 2, the second from bottom in Division 1 played the second club in Division 2 and the bottom club in Division 1 played the top club in Division 2 in first-to-two-wins test match series with the winners playing in Division 1 the following season and the losers in Division 2.

Name:  1893 Playoff Results.png
Views: 657
Size:  19.2 KB
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #119
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893
First Division Team Batting and Pitching

Name:  1893 D1 Hitting Report.png
Views: 657
Size:  238.8 KB

Name:  1893 D1 Pitching Report.png
Views: 656
Size:  238.3 KB

Last edited by chucksabr; 05-10-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #120
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Baseball League 1893
First Division League Leaders

Name:  1893 D1 Hitting Leaders.png
Views: 964
Size:  382.2 KB

Name:  1893 D1 Pitching Leaders.png
Views: 699
Size:  420.6 KB