Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 03-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #821
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up to the 1871-1918 minor league database, and a thought that most of the minor leaguers really don't show up in the game until 1932.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #822
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Still working on 1919-1940 affiliated leagues. Lots more coming.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #823
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The Spritze database goes dead for OOTP17. Any minor league players you probably want to use are already there. I am working on fully compatible Negro, Japanese, KBO and 1871-1918 minor league player databases though. Those players can then be imported into the game. Each will come with a BigRod list for import that can be edited. At least that is the plan as planned by the planning committee which consists of only one planner (me!).
Looks like I will spend more time with OOTP16, then the newly purchased OOTP17.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #824
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Spritze database goes dead for OOTP17. Any minor league players you probably want to use are already there. I am working on fully compatible Negro, Japanese, KBO and 1871-1918 minor league player databases though. Those players can then be imported into the game. Each will come with a BigRod list for import that can be edited. At least that is the plan as planned by the planning committee which consists of only one planner (me!).
So a general question about this. If we run a random debut league with OOTP 17 it will include its minor league database of players or only those that have made the majors?

Thanks
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #825
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I do not know. I have never random debuted. Try it and see?
Old 04-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #826
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Will the OOTP 16 Spritze DB import into 17? I am creating the *** soon and want to bring in several *** players who later played MLB into that league.

Also want to do a new 1871-2016 MLB but with your DB.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #827
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Hello Spritze,

Just what are the ramifications of using the high school DB with 17? It seems this version has made much of your great work un-use-able.
Any possibility that some of this may change?

Thank you for all you do!
Old 04-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #828
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

People have said the db works fine with 17. I have been busy with the in game minor leagues and have not spent any time on the Spritze database lately. I do know it uses the same formats as 17.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #829
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
People have said the db works fine with 17. I have been busy with the in game minor leaguers and have not spent any time on the Spritze database lately. I do know it uses the same formats as 17.
Thanks again for all your great work. Could we hope for a DB that combines the HIgh School and minor leaguers as well? That would certainly be all inclusive! Personally, I would like the minor leaguers available without the volatile minor league team changes.

Last edited by RANGER11JP; 04-20-2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Can't spell
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #830
reflections
Minors (Double A)

Question.
If I start a custom league, and start importing historical players in 1871. Will the draft be grabbing players from the historical database or the historical minors database?
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #831
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflections View Post
Question.
If I start a custom league, and start importing historical players in 1871. Will the draft be grabbing players from the historical database or the historical minors database?
The minors db starts in 1919.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #832
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

I customized the Spritze 16 database and OOTP16 just uses the master.csv file. Will that work in OOTP17?

If OOTP 17 needs an .odb file, can I use a generic database program to make an database? If I do, is there any special format I have to use or is it proprietary?

Thanks
dpd376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #833
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd376 View Post
I customized the Spritze 16 database and OOTP16 just uses the master.csv file. Will that work in OOTP17?

If OOTP 17 needs an .odb file, can I use a generic database program to make an database? If I do, is there any special format I have to use or is it proprietary?

Thanks
You would need to try your 16 data in 17
Old 05-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #834
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Thanks
Actually working from the master.csv and not the database seems to work perfectly, including my modifications. Thanks again Spritze for all the hard work you do.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #835
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Actually working from the master.csv and not the database seems to work perfectly, including my modifications. Thanks again Spritze for all the hard work you do.
Can you elaborate on that and what changes you have made?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #836
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Can you elaborate on that and what changes you have made?

Because I was doing a sort of controlled experiment, I deleted everyone who never played in the majors (Negro Leaguers and Asian players). For former Negro Leaguers who did play in the majors, I changed their debut date.

I also deleted the Sprtize's real stats files and replace the with Lahman's default, because I was using neutralized stats and didn't want any players importing with stats already in their record.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #837
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Because I was doing a sort of controlled experiment, I deleted everyone who never played in the majors (Negro Leaguers and Asian players). For former Negro Leaguers who did play in the majors, I changed their debut date.

I also deleted the Sprtize's real stats files and replace the with Lahman's default, because I was using neutralized stats and didn't want any players importing with stats already in their record.
Being quite the dunce that I am, could you explain just which files you would alter and how to do it correctly?
Old 05-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #838
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Id LOVE to use this as well but am more of a dunce...how do i implement this into the game? When I do get it in, does it just automatically bring Spritze players into the draft? If needbe..PM me cuz im a moron at this and it may take some rudimentary explaining! Thanks!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #839
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
Id LOVE to use this as well but am more of a dunce...how do i implement this into the game? When I do get it in, does it just automatically bring Spritze players into the draft? If needbe..PM me cuz im a moron at this and it may take some rudimentary explaining! Thanks!
Yes it brings the player directly into the game with the team they spent most of their career with or the draft.

The only file you have to edit is the master.csv in the neutralized folders (if you use neutralized stats). Players that have id numbers ending in the 80's, 90's or end in 00 did not play in the major's, do a search in the second column for 8*, 9*, 00 and delete those rows (it's not that hard, they're usually in large blocks).

After this Negro League players who played in the majors will still import in the year they turned 18/19. If you want them to enter when they entered MLB or organized baseball, you have to pick them out and change their debut date (Column Z). The only way to do this is to find out who played in the Negro Leagues and the majors and when they debuted (I missed some).

The last step I took was in the game's default real stats folder and copy and paste Lahman's data over the real stats folder in Spritze's so players would import with prevous major league stats. I don't know if this is necessary.

It imports into OOTP17 and the game functions perfectly well. I haven't done a test yet to see how well it works.

Feel free to PM if me you have any problems/questions.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #840
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
New one on OOTP Wiki and Dropbox
Major League and PCL players who debuted
1871-1912 now as well as 1940-1974
Plus added a few new unusual characters like Dwight Eisenhower who was historically significant in non-baseball ways.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzbak1a57r...Stats.zip?dl=0
is this the latest HS database?