Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #21
kev24fan
Major Leagues

SteveP, Thanks I installed the patch so running Version 10.1.14 and it works fine now.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #22
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

I was fiddling with that new download app in the sticky. I haven't rebooted yet so I can't tell if it fixed the license problem or not, but I'm still getting the following error:

Could not find Historical Database! Please check you database path in the league options!

This is, of course, with the same path that it used to successfully import the league in the first place, but after this error it won't import any rookies going forward.
jasonditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #23
kev24fan
Major Leagues

If it does not import rookies then this is a big problem. I run historical leagues This would mean my leagues would be over if none of the past players are imported. I hope this is not the case.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonditz View Post
I was fiddling with that new download app in the sticky. I haven't rebooted yet so I can't tell if it fixed the license problem or not, but I'm still getting the following error:

Could not find Historical Database! Please check you database path in the league options!

This is, of course, with the same path that it used to successfully import the league in the first place, but after this error it won't import any rookies going forward.
This is an error that you can get when the game doesn't know where everything is, for one reason or another. The sort of thing that Windoze owners have to deal with all the time, but not so common for us Mac people. What you have to do is go to the League setup page, to the Rules tab, down to the middle of that page, where it talks about historical rookies option, and see if the path set there looks right (it probably doesn't). So you have to correct it. Unfortunately, in true Windoze fashion, you actually have to correct it manually, so figure out where the stats folder is, and edit the path description to make sure that the path is correct. If you don't know what all the symbols mean, post again, and we can help decipher it.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
This is an error that you can get when the game doesn't know where everything is, for one reason or another. The sort of thing that Windoze owners have to deal with all the time, but not so common for us Mac people. What you have to do is go to the League setup page, to the Rules tab, down to the middle of that page, where it talks about historical rookies option, and see if the path set there looks right (it probably doesn't). So you have to correct it. Unfortunately, in true Windoze fashion, you actually have to correct it manually, so figure out where the stats folder is, and edit the path description to make sure that the path is correct. If you don't know what all the symbols mean, post again, and we can help decipher it.
its seemingly correct. It's set to /Volumes/AWC Photo Library/ootpx/data/stats/ which is the directory that's got all the .csv files that came with it.

When I create an historical league it uses that directory and successfully imports all the players, then gives me the error. Then when it comes time to import rookies in May, it gives me the same error and doesn't import anyone.

I just deleted everything and installed the latest version, I'm still getting the same error. Makes historical leagues, which are about all I ever run, virtually impossible.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #26
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Actually I found a workaround. I downloaded the lahman 5.6 database and installed it in my home directory then used that instead. All the errors vanish that way.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #27
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Correction, this historical league nonsense STILL isn't solved.

To summarize what happens:

If I create an historical league with the default database, it imports successfully but gives me an error afterwards saying that it cannot find the database. If I continue playing it won't import any rookies.

This can be mitigated by downloading a fresh Lahman and using it for the import, the error disappears. However, once I save the game and exit the program, the minute I load the save I get the same error about the database path, the path is correct, and pointing to the fresh Lahman install.

The game will play up until its time to import rookies then... SAME ERROR.

So basically, the game is not only still unplayable for me, it tricks me into thinking it'll work then trashes my save by importing a bunch of fictional players into the draft pool. I was really hoping to see how Oddibe McDowell would cope with his ulcerative colitis in my universe, guess I'll never know.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #28
SteveP

Quote:
Correction, this historical league nonsense STILL isn't solved.

To summarize what happens:

If I create an historical league with the default database, it imports successfully but gives me an error afterwards saying that it cannot find the database. If I continue playing it won't import any rookies.

This can be mitigated by downloading a fresh Lahman and using it for the import, the error disappears. However, once I save the game and exit the program, the minute I load the save I get the same error about the database path, the path is correct, and pointing to the fresh Lahman install.

The game will play up until its time to import rookies then... SAME ERROR.

So basically, the game is not only still unplayable for me, it tricks me into thinking it'll work then trashes my save by importing a bunch of fictional players into the draft pool. I was really hoping to see how Oddibe McDowell would cope with his ulcerative colitis in my universe, guess I'll never know.
I'll see if I can replicate this. Are you doing a draft as well, or do you have the draft turned off?

Last edited by SteveP; 06-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'll see if I can replicate this. Are you doing a draft as well, or do you have the draft turned off?
Draft is on. It almost seems like it's not reading the path at all when it gives that error, because the path has always pointed to a working historical database that the game had previously successfully used.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
SteveP

Quote:
Draft is on. It almost seems like it's not reading the path at all when it gives that error, because the path has always pointed to a working historical database that the game had previously successfully used.
It's working for me (not what you want to hear, I suppose, but there it is).

So, I have to assume it's a localized problem, but I'm not sure what to suggest. Certainly go to Disk Utility and do a Repair Permissions. Long shot, but it's something you gotta do, if you haven't already. As you say, it's a bit hard to figure out why it works once and then doesn't work the second time. Try installing the game in a different location (de-license first), including the default location. Make sure if you change any settings, that you save and reload the game before playing. I'm just throwing out ideas. We could certainly report it as a possible bug, but I'm skeptical that the guys will be to do much if they are getting the same result as I am.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #31
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Repair permissions didn't do anything.

I'm going to have to really clean house to come up with room on my primary drive if I'm going to install in the default location.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #32
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

It all works great on Windows.
Darned Macs.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #33
SteveP

Quote:
I'm going to have to really clean house to come up with room on my primary drive if I'm going to install in the default location.
Well ... consider that a benefit: you'll have to finally clean out the garage to get your car in there.

Actually, I think there might be a problem with installing on a secondary drive, but I've never tested that. Depending upon what you find out, that might be the basis for a bug report.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #34
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroyalgm View Post
It all works great on Windows.
Darned Macs.
Yeah, well, it's been more than 20 years since I've had anti-virus software on my Mac, and I have never, since 1985, ever had a virus. Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Well ... consider that a benefit: you'll have to finally clean out the garage to get your car in there.

Actually, I think there might be a problem with installing on a secondary drive, but I've never tested that. Depending upon what you find out, that might be the basis for a bug report.
Starting to look like that's the case. I haven't had much time to play because of work, but I installed it in the default location last night and so far I haven't had a single error.

Fingers crossed though, like I say I haven't done much with it yet.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #36
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

sorry to bump, but after playing the game for a few days I think we can safely file this mystery under "solved." The only error I've experienced since installing in the default location at all was a very trivial text error - when a player gets resigned the "Fans Reaction to Resigning Hubie Brooks" title is "Fans Reaction to Resigning Hubie BrooksFans Reaction to Resigning %n"

Incidentally I won a title in season 2 (1986) thanks in no small part to Don Mattingly's .370 40 156 season. Oddly the .370 was the only thing that kept him from a triple crown.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #37
SteveP

I filed a report of a possible bug when the game is installed to a secondary drive. It's a good heads-up item for the guys to check.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #38
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I filed a report of a possible bug when the game is installed to a secondary drive. It's a good heads-up item for the guys to check.
Steve, can you let us know the bug #, and I'll move this over to Logged Issues?

Thanks!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #39
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
steve, can you let us know the bug #, and i'll move this over to logged issues?

Thanks!

Steve
bz 3348