Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #61
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP View Post
Check BZ 2938

This was reported.
? What was reported? And where do I find BZ 2938?
Old Reliable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #62
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP View Post
Check BZ 2938

This was reported.
This bug is about the "re-enter dialog" not working which I have already fixed. You will get this next build. It the license failing on each boot, thats to root cause and so far unfixed. I have asked CBBL to do some testing that I am hoping will give me the final part of jigsaw so I can fix this.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #63
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vopat View Post
Since this is not fixed yet how would I go about getting a refund?
We would appreciate it if you could wait until the first patch, at least, before requesting a refund over this issue! We're hard at work trying to resolve it, but we also plan to resolve a number of other issues as well, and these take some time to fix, and then test, and then get a patch created!

If you're that unhappy, please contact us privately at sales@ootpdevelopments.com. Thanks!

Thanks!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #64
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Reliable View Post
? What was reported? And where do I find BZ 2938?
Sorry, we seem to have some internal vs external discussions going on here. BZ numbers refer to tickets in our internal systems, and I think JRP was suggesting that Paul refer to that ticket.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #65
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Sorry, we seem to have some internal vs external discussions going on here. BZ numbers refer to tickets in our internal systems, and I think JRP was suggesting that Paul refer to that ticket.

Ah! Good to know . . . thanks. I don't want to be messing with any of that internal stuff. And you don't want me messing with it either.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #66
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Well that contract thing did say they could revoke the license without cause any time they wished.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #67
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post

Yes thats right, any BZ number refers to our bug tracking software, the problem here is that there are two bugs in this thread. One that casues the dialog to come up on reboot and the other that the dialog does not work. I have found and fixed the bug stopping the dialog from working, but I am still trying to work out why it came up in the first place

The problem being, no-one as PISD or OOTP Developments have this problem. So we can't test it directly. However I am talking with a beta tester that does have this bug to try and find the issue. I feel confident the fix will be easy to do once I know what I have to change
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #68
CardinalsFan
Minors (Triple A)

Guys take your time. The game is awesome, this problem is a minor issue.

Thanks again for all your efforts, this is why you'll get my money next year.
CardinalsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #69
SteveP

As the only Mac user who had any notable problems during beta, I really want as well to encourage people to have patience on this. My game has been very stable and trouble-free for some time now, so I know the problem is fixable. During beta there just wasn't enough certainty about any problems or what those problems might be. So, to some extent, the beta for the Mac version has been re-opened. But I think it will get figured out in a reasonable period of time.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #70
Tin of Maize
Minors (Single A)

While we are waiting for the fix, can we clarify whether or not there is a viable workaround? After turning off my machine yesterday and then turning it back on I got the "your license is not working" error. I went to the game preferences and clicked on the "delicense" button. Said yes, when it asked me if I really wanted to. No further awknowledgment. Closed game, restarted it but was only met with the same error. No opportunity to "add license" - that button does not appear among the options on the main screen. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game each time? And since I've already done that once, and had to use my second license to get the game to work again, would I then be out of luck until I visit PISD and release my license?

Are there other solutions / work arounds I'm not aware of?

Thanks.
Tin of Maize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #71
ioitall
Bat Boy

Unhappy I too am having the dreaded "your license is no longer valid"

As many of you have stated, I too am having the "your license is no longer valid" error.

I was not a beta tester, however I would be more than happy to be of help in running different tests if it will help.

I have a league and half of my league are using macs and all of them are having the same issue.

I personally have a MacBook that is running the game. I have had the error when I shut the computer down, restart it or even close the lid and put the computer into standby.

If there are any other ways to resolve this issue, I will try it.

Thanks,

John
ioitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #72
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

I too was having the issue, but it seems to have gone away. Last couple of times I restarted my MacBook pro the game started right up. I just did it and..... no problems. weird. I'm in my third season using v.X, so perhaps you need to play past the demo cut off point and then it accepts the license? Don't know, but it's odd that it works now.
mtopham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #73
jetking
Minors (Double A)

I didn't know this was logged and started a thread on it in the open tech support forum. Mea culpa. It might be worth a quick look for the folks who are working on this problem.

And if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with the fact that the unlicense/relicense dance isn't working for me anymore (see thread above) I'd sure love to hear them.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #74
jetking
Minors (Double A)

For what it's worth, I finally solved the "can't unlicense" bit. Again, I'm on a Mac using OS X 10.4.11.

I hand edited the ootp10_peds_key file (found in /Applications/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data), entering my serial number there under the SERIAL_NUMBER entry. I relaunched the game and still received the "your license has expired" note. When I went to try unlicensing this time, though, it worked. Perhaps OOTP was having trouble reading/working with that file?

In any case, unlicensed is the state I need to be in so I can try SteveP's "complete uninstall, including folders that hold hidden files, then reinstall" suggestion and see if that gets me to the stable and trouble-free nirvana he's discovered

Wish me luck. When I get a chance (tonight? tomorrow night?) I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #75
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetking View Post
For what it's worth, I finally solved the "can't unlicense" bit. Again, I'm on a Mac using OS X 10.4.11.

I hand edited the ootp10_peds_key file (found in /Applications/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data), entering my serial number there under the SERIAL_NUMBER entry. I relaunched the game and still received the "your license has expired" note. When I went to try unlicensing this time, though, it worked. Perhaps OOTP was having trouble reading/working with that file?

In any case, unlicensed is the state I need to be in so I can try SteveP's "complete uninstall, including folders that hold hidden files, then reinstall" suggestion and see if that gets me to the stable and trouble-free nirvana he's discovered

Wish me luck. When I get a chance (tonight? tomorrow night?) I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.
Once you've done this, please let us know how it turns out. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #76
SteveP

Quote:
Actually I just had another brush with the "license not valid" problem myself. Also I got a type of crash that I know from experience indicates some damage in the application. I did some of the tricks including swapping in a fresh copy of the application, and I seem to be back in business.

My only advantage in this situation is that I was dealing with it back in beta, so had more time to experiment with fixes. Now there's hope that PISD Paul and Andreas are diving into this and looking at why the Mac application is susceptible to damage.

btw, I have nothing to add on the subject of work-arounds: they're de-license/re-license; replace the application; erase and replace every file associated with OOTP10 (including the hidden files). One way or another that's pretty much the list.

Oh, and I should add that it appears the application is sometimes just confused about whether it is licensed or not -- so that may be why the de-license/re-license approach doesn't appear to work. That may be why (especially after putting in a fresh copy of the application) it sometimes gets back to working OK after relaunching a couple of times.

Last edited by SteveP; 06-09-2009 at 03:46 PM.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #77
jetking
Minors (Double A)

SteveP, I'm glad you were on the beta team and I deeply appreciate your responsiveness and suggestions. OOTP is easily one of my favorite games of all time and I'm looking forward to getting fully stabilized so I can enjoy it throughly. Your assistance is helping to make that possible. I owe you a tall cool adult beverage of your choosing, sir.

Old Reliable, I'll be sure to reply to let folks know how this next phase/approach works out. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #78
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
SteveP, I'm glad you were on the beta team and I deeply appreciate your responsiveness and suggestions. OOTP is easily one of my favorite games of all time and I'm looking forward to getting fully stabilized so I can enjoy it throughly. Your assistance is helping to make that possible. I owe you a tall cool adult beverage of your choosing, sir.

Old Reliable, I'll be sure to reply to let folks know how this next phase/approach works out. Fingers crossed!
Great, thanks! If it works, we can start calling you "Old Reliable"--or, if you prefer, "Young Reliable."
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #79
battists
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience in dealing with this frustrating issue. As you can imagine, it's one of our top priorities to get resolved in the first patch.

Please, stick with us until we get this worked out!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #80
mayberrb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

"License no longer valid" problem persists

I'm having the same problem as others in this thread: the first time I launched OOTP 10, it worked like a charm (and I was thrilled with the new features in the game), but today, launching the game for the second time, I too got the "license no longer valid" notice. When I reentered my license number, nothing happened. Clicking on "cancel" sent me into the demo version.

I am working on an iMac in version 10.5.7 of OSX.

I tried the workaround described below, but can't seem to make it work. That may be due to my lack of technical expertise. Is there a way around this problem? And if so, can someone describe the steps to take for someone not familiar with patches and completely ignorant of how to "hand edit the ootp10_peds_key file".

Thanks, Bob.
mayberrb is offline   Reply With Quote