Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #41
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Don't know what DHCP is . . .

And, since I'm fairly computer-literate, I'm guessing that means I don't have it. On the other hand, if you can spell out the acronym for me, I might have a more certain answer. Not sure where I'd look to see if my IP changes . . . though, again, I'd be surprised if that happens. And, just to confirm this really annoying problem persists . . . it persists. After burning up one of my serial numbers, I successfully loaded with the other last night. Then, as I sometimes do, I just put the computer to sleep overnight. Same problem came up this morning. Frustrating to say the least.
Old Reliable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #42
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Dont worry about the DHCP issue, I am building an app to tell me whats going wrong. If you are curious as to what DHCP is then you can read up on it here:
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #43
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Thank you . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Dont worry about the DHCP issue, I am building an app to tell me whats going wrong. If you are curious as to what DHCP is then you can read up on it here:
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for giving me that information and link. Of course, now that I do know a little bit about it, I will want to find out more--especially about how/if it relates to my internet usage. But, hey, it's usually better to know more rather than less.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #44
jament
Bat Boy

Same issue here - on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.7

I can unlicense and re-license which fixes it until a reboot or full sleep, then it's there again. Clicking "OK" on the warning dialog box returns me to the OOTP Main Screen, where I can play the game as if it was licensed.

Using the manual option on licensing doesn't seem to make a difference either.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #45
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
Same issue here - on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.7

I can unlicense and re-license which fixes it until a reboot or full sleep, then it's there again. Clicking "OK" on the warning dialog box returns me to the OOTP Main Screen, where I can play the game as if it was licensed.

Using the manual option on licensing doesn't seem to make a difference either.
Right . . . I too can play the game. But eventually won't the "demo" period--which doesn't really apply to us, since we own the game--won't that period be up for us? Don't we get just a certain amount of time before that expires?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #46
jament
Bat Boy

You got me. I know that when I go into the game setup I still have the option to "Unlicense the Game" so on some level maybe the game still think it's licensed.

Would the demo period restart every time I do the Unlicense-relicense routine?

Annoying as heck. I'm mystified why the beta testers reported it yet the development team wasn't sure it was an actual bug.

Seems pretty actual to me.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #47
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
You got me. I know that when I go into the game setup I still have the option to "Unlicense the Game" so on some level maybe the game still think it's licensed.

Would the demo period restart every time I do the Unlicense-relicense routine?

Annoying as heck. I'm mystified why the beta testers reported it yet the development team wasn't sure it was an actual bug.

Seems pretty actual to me.
I suspect the problem will get taken care of before any "expiration" would happen anyway . . . if one is going to happen. But your first point, and the following question, make sense. Probably the process just renews the game, and license-status, each time. Guess I'll just assume that and keep using it, when my frustration-threshold is low enough, until the fix is in.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #48
Irishray

Quote:
Thats a bitter sweet reply, its good coz its not something I thought was fixed, bad coz we still dont have a handle on it.

I am building up a test application to work out whats going wrong. Once it is built I will need a volunteer to run some tests for me. It would be easier if there is a Beta tester around with this problem. Anyone?
I have my router set to never expire DHCP leases, so the same machine always gets the same IP. I could possibly set a static IP and change it just to test whether a different IP is what is triggering this.

Linux - Xubuntu 23.04 64-Bit
Irishray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #49
Tin of Maize
Minors (Single A)

1. You can't sim past one day in demo mode. Not an option.

2. Same problem here - Mac 10.4.11

3. I have DHCP. However, when I discovered this problem, I was on a train without internet access.

4. I unlicensed. Quit the program, restarted. I entered my lincense and nothing happened. What is this "relicense" thing that people have been talking about?

5. So I figured - let's uninstall and reinstall since that has been the solution for so many things OOTP over the years.

6. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now, when I click on Enter a License Key, and I enter the key, I get an error message - it says "The product was not activitated. Check the serial number was entered and try again. Game will run in demo mode."

So I can't play at all now. Help.
Tin of Maize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #50
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin of Maize View Post
1. You can't sim past one day in demo mode. Not an option.

2. Same problem here - Mac 10.4.11

3. I have DHCP. However, when I discovered this problem, I was on a train without internet access.

4. I unlicensed. Quit the program, restarted. I entered my lincense and nothing happened. What is this "relicense" thing that people have been talking about?

5. So I figured - let's uninstall and reinstall since that has been the solution for so many things OOTP over the years.

6. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now, when I click on Enter a License Key, and I enter the key, I get an error message - it says "The product was not activitated. Check the serial number was entered and try again. Game will run in demo mode."

So I can't play at all now. Help.
As I mentioned in one of my posts on this thread, I too did the uninstall/reinstall. But, when you do that, your first license is no longer valid. You should have gotten two licenses, and the other one should work. I'm assuming that, when they get all of this fixed, we will be provided with another license number.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #51
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Good news, well half good news anyway. I have found and fixed the problem with the re-enter dialog not working correctly and it will be in the next build. I am still working on cause for the license wanting to be re-entered.

I will report back when I have found it, maybe with a workaround if I can.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #52
CardinalsFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Good news, well half good news anyway. I have found and fixed the problem with the re-enter dialog not working correctly and it will be in the next build. I am still working on cause for the license wanting to be re-entered.

I will report back when I have found it, maybe with a workaround if I can.
Thanks Paul.

Do we know are the Mac updates this year still going to be reinstalls or will we be able to patch update?
CardinalsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #53
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Reliable View Post
As I mentioned in one of my posts on this thread, I too did the uninstall/reinstall. But, when you do that, your first license is no longer valid. You should have gotten two licenses, and the other one should work. I'm assuming that, when they get all of this fixed, we will be provided with another license number.
You always want to de-license the game (in Game Preferences, at the bottom of that window) before you do a re-install. In the event that you didn't/couldn't do that, you can log into PISD and go through the procedure for having your license number "released". It's pretty automatic.

I was the only Mac user in the beta who had notable problems, including this one. As I mentioned in other threads, replacing the OOTP application (not the whole folder or game) proved to be the most effective way to getting to a game that is problem free. That may not solve every problem. Also uninstall/reinstall may not either. In order to do that completely you have to clean out some hidden files as well as the visible ones.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #54
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
You always want to de-license the game (in Game Preferences, at the bottom of that window) before you do a re-install. In the event that you didn't/couldn't do that, you can log into PISD and go through the procedure for having your license number "released". It's pretty automatic.

I was the only Mac user in the beta who had notable problems, including this one. As I mentioned in other threads, replacing the OOTP application (not the whole folder or game) proved to be the most effective way to getting to a game that is problem free. That may not solve every problem. Also uninstall/reinstall may not either. In order to do that completely you have to clean out some hidden files as well as the visible ones.
Okay . . . thanks for this information.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:20 AM   #55
Vopat
Minors (Single A)

Since this is not fixed yet how would I go about getting a refund?
Vopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #56
Tin of Maize
Minors (Single A)

1. Somehow I forgot about the extra license. When I entered it, it worked fine. Now I just have to never turn off my computer!!

2. Someone mentioned logging into PISD and getting your license released. Could you post more detailed instructions? I'll be switching to a new computer very soon and with one license gone, I'm assuming I won't be able to make OOTP work on the new computer unless I can get it back. Most importantly, how does one log on to PISD?

3. Vopad - Unfortunately, bugs and OOTP go together. It's only been a week or less - I'd counsel having a bit more patience.
Tin of Maize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #57
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin of Maize View Post
1. Somehow I forgot about the extra license. When I entered it, it worked fine. Now I just have to never turn off my computer!!

2. Someone mentioned logging into PISD and getting your license released. Could you post more detailed instructions? I'll be switching to a new computer very soon and with one license gone, I'm assuming I won't be able to make OOTP work on the new computer unless I can get it back. Most importantly, how does one log on to PISD?

3. Vopad - Unfortunately, bugs and OOTP go together. It's only been a week or less - I'd counsel having a bit more patience.
I have your same questions (#2), and I second your point (#3), and your screen-name and logo are GREAT!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #58
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

If you have a stuck license check you this FAQ at the bottom. It explains how you release it:

P.I.S.D. Forums • View topic - Welcome to Webstore Support and Some Common Answers
Old 06-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #59
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If you have a stuck license check you this FAQ at the bottom. It explains how you release it:

P.I.S.D. Forums • View topic - Welcome to Webstore Support and Some Common Answers
Thanks . . . this'll do it.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #60
JRP
Major Leagues

Check BZ 2938

This was reported.
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote