Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #181
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

And again . . .

Got the stupid blankety blank enter license request again . . . and, again, nothing abnormal between last logon and this one. So long as it accepts the license--as it did--this is just a nuisance. But, I'm wondering, are we Mac users gonna have to live with this from now on?
Old Reliable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #182
Tin of Maize
Minors (Single A)

I have yet to make the upgrade to 10.2.16. I do have 10.2.15 and have been having no problems since installing it. However, I'm nervous about installing 10.2.16. Should I be? I haven't been paying close enough attention here to know.
Tin of Maize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #183
RebelFan
Minors (Single A)

After installing 10.2.16, I haven't had to reenter the license number at all. Before that, I had to reenter whenever I shut down my computer. But, that's just one person's experience.
RebelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #184
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin of Maize View Post
I have yet to make the upgrade to 10.2.16. I do have 10.2.15 and have been having no problems since installing it. However, I'm nervous about installing 10.2.16. Should I be? I haven't been paying close enough attention here to know.
See my note above yours . . . I have 10.2.16. That is not to say the later version causes more problems . . . in fact, it seems to cause the problem less. On the other hand, it's beginning to look as if any two people, with the same machine and virtually the same set-up, may have different experiences with this.

Last edited by Old Reliable; 07-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #185
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Reliable View Post
See my note above yours . . . I have 10.2.16. That is not to say the later version causes more problems . . . in fact, it seems to cause the problem less. On the other hand, it's beginning to look as if any two people, with the same machine and virtually the same set-up, may have different experiences with this.
TBH thats typical of all my dealings with the Apple Mac. Don;t get me wrong I like macs, I just find them rather "unpredictable". I have found anther license tuning issue. It will be in the next build so with any luck this will be that last.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #186
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
TBH thats typical of all my dealings with the Apple Mac. Don;t get me wrong I like macs, I just find them rather "unpredictable". I have found anther license tuning issue. It will be in the next build so with any luck this will be that last.

Unpredictable? Yep: it's all because of their rampant individuality. And we do wish you luck with that next build . . . we can but hope.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #187
Tin of Maize
Minors (Single A)

Well, I think in the interests of not rocking the boat, I'll stay with my current version and perhaps wait for this next build that PISD Paul is talking about.
Tin of Maize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #188
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin of Maize View Post
Well, I think in the interests of not rocking the boat, I'll stay with my current version and perhaps wait for this next build that PISD Paul is talking about.
Probably shows good judgment . . . though I wouldn't be the one to say. Any idea where I can get some of that . . . the good judgment, I mean?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #189
pallison14
Major Leagues

Is this resolved? Because I get this issue about half the time I open the game. It might have something to do w/ having a USB keyboard plugged in or having an external monitor connected -- I haven't really followed the pattern.

I just know that it's getting seriously aggravating.

OOTP 10.2.16
OS X Leopard 10.5.7
2.66 C2D MacBook Pro, etc etc.

New York (AL), UBL
pallison14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #190
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

There is a fix in 10.2.18 that is the last of the known issues. If after you have installed that version you are still getting it private message me and I will look into what is causing your trouble
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #191
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
There is a fix in 10.2.18 that is the last of the known issues. If after you have installed that version you are still getting it private message me and I will look into what is causing your trouble
Where do we get (or when) 10.2.18? From what I see, the latest patch available is still 10.2.16.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #192
battists
Hall Of Famer

You can get information on 10.2.18 here.

Paul is hopeful this should help cut down the license issues.

Thanks all!

Steve
Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #193
pallison14
Major Leagues

Thanks Steve, I'll check it and report back.

New York (AL), UBL
Old 08-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #194
pallison14
Major Leagues

So far so good. I've launched the game a dozen or so times at different locals/configurations (USB keyboard, external monitor, etc), and it seems to be good so far.

New York (AL), UBL
Old 08-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #195
Wally03
Bat Boy

I was having the Mac license issue and today deleted all traces of OOTP 10.2.16 and updated t0 10.2.18 and now everytime I try to enter my license I receive the "product not activated message". I checked the PISD store and still have 1 remaining open license, as it appears my other one has never successfully become unlicensed but I can resolve that issue at a later time. My laptop is a MacBook Pro with a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #196
Wally03
Bat Boy

Forgot to mention I'm running Mac OS X v. 10.5.8
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote