Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

RP Stamina Rating question

- 1969 Dan McGinn (66) has a 16 STM rating when he threw +130 IP that year, averaged almost 2 innings per appearance and started a game.
- 2003 Chad Fox (66) has a 16 STM rating when he threw 43 IP and averaged just over 1 inning per appearance.

So is the stamina rating determined by IP or by other factors as well (ie. number of pitches) ? I think I saw more RP with higher stamina than last year, but looking at discrepancies like the one I highlighted, I'm still wondering how this rating is measured this year.

Last edited by Sipimi; 03-22-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

There's a lot of weirdness going on with SP/RP designations and stamina ratings. A lot of cards with stamina in the 20's and 30's are listed in the AH as relievers but are labelled as SP on their cards.

In other words, I fear this is actually a rather complex issue that goes well beyond just the stamina ratings.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
bphilb
Minors (Single A)

I know it was said that stamina would be handled differently this year especially with SP used as a RP which was a flaw with the game last year. I don't know the specifics though. I can only imagine that relivers in the 69 year averaged 2 IP per appearance and those in 2003 only averaged 1, but I'm just guessing on that.

bphilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphilb View Post
I can only imagine that relivers in the 69 year averaged 2 IP per appearance and those in 2003 only averaged 1, but I'm just guessing on that.
I hear you, but I've always assumed that since all baseball eras are represented in the game, the RP stamina rating had to be adjusted to take that into consideration. For example, Mike Marshall threw +200 IP in 100+ appearances in 1974, and he also has a 16 STM in the game like Chad Fox, something that doesn't make sense to me.

That's why I'm asking if stats are really used for the RP stamina ratings or if the game is using a specific range (ie. 15-20) for some reason, like because guys are labeled as closers (ie. Marshall).

Last edited by Sipimi; 03-25-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
Orion
Major Leagues

Well, stamina only refers to raw stamina. Player A might be more effective with his pitches than Player B even if B has more raw talent. The ole vet who coaxes first pitch ground outs and doesn't walk anyone might well last longer than the fancy strikeout pitcher who takes guys deep in the count in order to get that punchout. The best pitchers can do both and more...

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #6
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Well, stamina only refers to raw stamina. Player A might be more effective with his pitches than Player B even if B has more raw talent. The ole vet who coaxes first pitch ground outs and doesn't walk anyone might well last longer than the fancy strikeout pitcher who takes guys deep in the count in order to get that punchout. The best pitchers can do both and more...
You might be correct but my thread is not about efficiency or effectiveness, it's a potential flaw I see because the RP that set the all-time record for most game pitched and threw over 200 IP during that year has the same stamina as some guy who threw in 38 games for 43 innings.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
mitchbaker
Bat Boy

shouldn't we be looking at total pitches thrown, not IP?
mitchbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #8
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbaker View Post
shouldn't we be looking at total pitches thrown, not IP?
Agreed, although I doubt a guy with +200 IP pitched less pitches than a 43 IP RP season.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #9
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipimi View Post
Agreed, although I doubt a guy with +200 IP pitched less pitches than a 43 IP RP season.

I'd have to see their cards to really comment further.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote