Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
tward13
All Star Starter

3D issues?

I played out quite a few games and reported what seemed like minor 3D issues when the ame first came out.

Then I got into my online leagues and mostly simmed.

I just started a new game to play out my teams games and it seems, SSS, that the 3D is much worse than earlier this year.

Runner movements, fielder actions, etc

Line drive hit to the LF and he holds it so the runner gets a double.

Bunt that goes past the mound but the catcher fields it.

Two outfielders standing around in RC so the runner can round second and cruise in for a triple.

This is all in a handful of games. Also, things that were going to be corrected, like runners tagging from second on DEEP flies to RF or runners scoring from second with two outs. Not fixed.

What happened?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Also, that box coming up that asks about allowing the runner to try advancing, still flashes then shows the result on the field rather than the play. I thought that was being resolved?
Old 07-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
tward13
All Star Starter

Nothing?

No one else is havng issues or have we given up for this year. It hinestly seems as bad as release day.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
Reed
All Star Starter

OK, I will play.
Either you were very lucky early on or I was very unlucky because my experience is the opposite of yours. Early on, the baseballs and fielders were constantly disappearing in the outfield walls, outfielders would throw the ball 20 feet over the catchers head, the 1st baseman would fire hard instead of tossing the ball to the pitcher covering 1st, pitcher would throw the ball 15 feet outside for an intentional walk, etc..
Play for me seems to be much smoother although I agree there is still work to be done. In fact, many of the current items you list, I have seen also in the past month.
My suggestion, go to the technical section of the forum and post your bugs under the animation thread, there is a format to use so they can recreate your issue but it is easy to do. I think only 2 or 3 people do that consistently.
With time, they will get these bugs worked out.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #5
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Also, I think when some of the odd stuff happens, eg. the fielder standing holding the ball, it's the 3D timing of the play being off, rather than the fielder actually doing nothing, if you follow.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
tward13
All Star Starter

I follow, but that's my complaint. With the 3D.

It makes watching the 3D play out not very realistic.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
I follow, but that's my complaint. With the 3D.

It makes watching the 3D play out not very realistic.
That's fair. I do think it's gradually improving, at least imo.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #8
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
That's why I went back to 2D...the 3-D animations drive me nuts...
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:03 AM   #9
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Same here.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #10
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Well, to be honest, the 2-D is acting just as stupid. I set the ballpark locations. They are all set. Things go well for while then I hit the space bar once and they relocate themselves. So now I have the CF 408 wall marker at Yankee Stadium at about 2B....I just can't win.

EDIT: so I checked it in a exhibition game and the locations were back to being correct. Strange..

Last edited by sdw1000; 07-04-2019 at 07:21 AM.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #11
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Did you make sure that the locations were set the same for both day and night game images? Some games switch from day to night during the game and if the locations are not set the same (for both) it will switch those, as well.

Last edited by DreamTeams; 07-04-2019 at 03:25 PM.
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #12
curt
Major Leagues

I can tolerate the 3D, it's a work in progress. To me, it beats 2D. I can't go back to 2D.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
I can tolerate the 3D, it's a work in progress. To me, it beats 2D. I can't go back to 2D.
Just the opposite here. Every year I try 3D. It takes too long to play out a game and I lose interest around the 5th inning of the second game. I quickly realize why I despised Micro League Baseball. I crank things back to 2D classic and I'm happy as can be.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #14
Reed
All Star Starter

I play in spectator mode and now when I try to play 2d, I find myself frequently pressing the space bar without paying any attention to the screen/game. Pressing the space bar became just a habit. With 3d I always watch the play, even if it is quirky sometimes.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #15
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

If you go to my websites in sig and look under util 3d replay you can watch games from first release ootp 20 to the latest..

I agree with Tom... it is tough to take in... though its gettin better

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #16
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
I wish I could go back to 2D, but any choice other than Modern 3D instantly crashes the game for me...

What really bugs me about 3D in v20 is the pitchers wind-ups - They Take SO LONG...
Old 07-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #17
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I play in spectator mode and now when I try to play 2d, I find myself frequently pressing the space bar without paying any attention to the screen/game. Pressing the space bar became just a habit. With 3d I always watch the play, even if it is quirky sometimes.
I play spectator mode as well. I use very short pbp instant and for the most part just pay attention to the play result. Some games actually offer result only and in the end that's all I need. Groundout 6-3, single to left etc.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:33 AM   #18
Reed
All Star Starter

Instead of 2D or 3D,
What I would like to see is something like a scoresheet where with 1 click you could go half inning by half inning or inning by inning. That way you could see a whole game in a couple minutes or less and it would be easy to play out a season that way. That would be cool IMO.
I guess it would be a little bit like looking at the game log but I hate the game log.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #19
zappa1
All Star Starter

3D all the way for me. Especially with my new graphics card. Old card was at it's end.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #20
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Instead of 2D or 3D,
What I would like to see is something like a scoresheet where with 1 click you could go half inning by half inning or inning by inning. That way you could see a whole game in a couple minutes or less and it would be easy to play out a season that way. That would be cool IMO.
I guess it would be a little bit like looking at the game log but I hate the game log.
A too prefer a scoresheet to the game log. Currently I'm Eugene Churching games daily. I fast sim each game to the end of the 6th inning. I then watch innings 7-9 and any extra innings. Started doing this to slow myself down a little. I usually just pick one game per day to watch and this allowed me to move quickly through a season. Churching each game slows me down some, but I'm getting to know my league a lot better.