Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:22 AM   #1
lybo
Bat Boy

Angry Coach never rest Goalie

Mr Housley always plays with Carter hutton as goalie.
I know this was in FHM3 as a bug and I think its really bad if this isnt fixed.
Im playing as a GM so I cant change line settings.

Am I doing something wrong ?
lybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:55 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

We've made many adjustments to the starting goalie selection since FHM3. How far into the season are you? Which goalie is hotter, Hutton or Ullmark?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #3
lybo
Bat Boy

I have been playing 40 games now and my goalie has played 36 games .

Isnt this unrealistic ?

im running latest version
Old 10-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybo View Post
I have been playing 40 games now and my goalie has played 36 games .

Isnt this unrealistic ?

im running latest version
Again, Jeff asked how hot your goalie is. How hot is he?

My answer to is it unrealistic: No. Last year, 12 goalies played over 60 games. Two played 67. Martin Brodeur in his 30s played 78 games.

If there's no injuries, it's very possible.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
lybo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

My answer to is it unrealistic: No. Last year, 12 goalies played over 60 games. Two played 67. Martin Brodeur in his 30s played 78 games.

oh ok but if the 2nd goalie never gets the chance to play how can he get hot
Old 10-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

Last season in the NHL by the roughly 40 game mark, the leader in games played was at 34. There were 7 goalies who did that.

2016-17 there were two (Talbot and Jones) who played 34 or more.

Since the lockout season 4 goalies have played 70+ games (5 seasons). If this is one guy? Yeah, it might be realistic. The bigger question would be what does the rest of the league look like? Is everyone doing this or is it localized to your coach?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
jbaxter
Minors (Double A)

Why won't you play Carey Price?

I have a weird problem as the GM of the Canadiens in the Challenge Mode. I have Carey Price with 4.5 stars and $10M in cap (and a no-trade) and my coaches (first Julien and now Quenneville) refuse to play him. There seems to be nothing I can do. Even when I fire the coach, it won't let me take over anymore.

In this particular issue, Price, having had a decent 2019-20 year, I got a weird morale-related message saying that Price had been in a rotten movie and that his mood had been knocked down. The season then started and Lindgren (2 stars) ended up starting the first 15 of the first 16 games of the season (Price played once). I then traded for Malcolm Subban and the results were the same, only worse outcomes. Eventually, I rigged it by bringing in McNiven (.5 star) which seemed to force the coaches to play Price. No injuries or other issues. He simply isn't the default starter.

In no world should a "hot" two-star continually start ahead of a 4+-star like Price.

(I assume this is some kind of sick joke crafted up by Leafs fans on your programming team. )
Attached Images
jbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you look on the lines-goalie starts screen and tell me what the current settings for each of the 7 categories are? That may make the reasons for what's happening a little clearer.

And what are the season stats for Lindgren and Subban?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
jbaxter
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for your quick replay.

Rats, I've moved on and didn't save a version. My apologies. It was clearly some kind of glitch that coincided with the "bad movie" message that said he was demoralized. From there, the coaches barely played him again.

Attached are the two years worth of stats.
You'll see if 2018/19, Price played 67 games on a lousy team. The next year, he was reduced to 38 despite being healthy and with me eventually bringing up McNiven to force the AI to play Price. In 2020/21, I started the year with McNiven up and Price (despite still being a 4.5-star player) was getting killed . Eventually, I just gave up and called up Stolarz.

In the summer of 2021, I traded Price. FWIW, I figured out a way to fake out the no-trade clause, which is to put the player on the trading block and take the first offer. I offloaded Price for a prospect and the problem was solved.

No-trades are rarely absolute. I know it would be crazy to code, but it would be great if the no-trades had options like number of years and/or number of teams. What also happens (except for Dion Phaneuf) is that teams offer players money to wave their NTCs, so that could be a feature for a future dev.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by jbaxter; 10-12-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Found the stats
jbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote