Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
PItchers Stamina Breakdown

Ok can somwinw breakdown pitchers Stamina. Lets start with a pitcher with 20 all the way up to the max. So stamina 20 how many pitches we talking about here?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

sp/rp roles make a difference.

i only have estimates in my head anymore and it relates to AI-coach using those pitch counts and being >95% recovered by next start.. so it's not even the "slightly" tired threshold. typically i add ~1-2 pitcher per ~5 stamina (1-100scale) or 1-2 per 10pts in 200editor scale.

e.g. if 60/100 i use a "106" pitch count and that avoid 95% and lower with ai controlled coaching on normal rest. i'll add 1-2 pitches per ~5stamina step (100pt scale) and make any minor adjustments due to scouting inaccuracy or player changes over time... all baseed on worst case scenarios, excluding CG/Shutout/No hitter attempts. the ai coaches will ignore pitch count in these situations (a good thing, imo) an 80/100 stamina is ~116 to avoid this situation. 90-100/100 you can go to 118-120ish.

extreme velocity - low or high - may be a factor too? i don't recall all theminutiea offhand and comes up too seldom to keep up on it.. i just adjust to the % recovery i see after they throw a 'max' amount relative to that pitch count. (ie they will go over it by 7-10 in normal situations, and excluding the exceptions listed above)

~60/100 or better ~120/200 in editor gets slightly tired by ~110 or before? excludes knuckleballers. they seem to get tired 125-135 range and stamina isn't a huge effect if "sufficient" (experience with a lower stamina KB'er is lacking)

you only need a few data points. you can you easily extrapolate the rest.. it may have a slight curve, but only significantly impacting extrapolation at the extremes -- more liekly extremely low stamina than extremely high in my experience.

go pitch by pitch when you near the end and make a note... use editor's information for accurate stamina ratings while fleshing it out. (remember, it's the 200 scale divided by 2 then minus one for the 100% accurate 100scale conversion. 59/100=120/200)

think RP get tired by ~40 as a cap.. maybe a few more.. but even a 200/200 stamina won't make it go far beyond that. i think that needs a slight adjustment to about ~60 with decent stamina... because, long releivers are often pulled after ~40 pitches, and they can go ~60 in real life, often.. when used very early in game of course. like zimmerman getting hit in the face after 2/3rds of an inning to start the game. an mlb team wants that guy to come in and get to at least to the 5th or 6th inning. this likely causes excess use of bullpen in any blowout in OotP - a small portion, however, all but guarnateed to happen to each team more than once a season.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-12-2018 at 05:01 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Awsome stuff thanks

Old 04-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
Aumakua
Major Leagues

is there anyway to make sure a pitcher stays a reliever? I had a great one in my league, won 3 straight relief pitcher awards, had a stamina of around 80 (on 250 scale) and all of a sudden became a starter (and would throw 100 pitches a game, fastball, curve, and sinker), only way to make sure he was bullpen was to become gm of team and lock him into that role, nothing I changed on the editor would effect him, in fact I could drop all his stats to 1 and it still had recommended role in ML as starter, and that was his desire as well. Seems a bit odd as there are players like Miller in real life who like the relief role even though he could be a starter.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
is there anyway to make sure a pitcher stays a reliever? I had a great one in my league, won 3 straight relief pitcher awards, had a stamina of around 80 (on 250 scale) and all of a sudden became a starter (and would throw 100 pitches a game, fastball, curve, and sinker), only way to make sure he was bullpen was to become gm of team and lock him into that role, nothing I changed on the editor would effect him, in fact I could drop all his stats to 1 and it still had recommended role in ML as starter, and that was his desire as well. Seems a bit odd as there are players like Miller in real life who like the relief role even though he could be a starter.
Yeah I'm noticing some guys with like 50 or so Stamina Are being made starters when they have guys on the bullpen that are better suited

Old 04-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

individual strategies.. right click any player to get to his game strats... force role as an RP or closer.

if i have a couple prospects i care about at same level, i force the one to be closer who is listed further down in depth chart. figure they both get more work that way... if both at bottom, i force closer with the one i like more.

pitchers typicalyl prefer to be SP.. if they have 3 suitable pitches and anywhere near 1/2 scale stamina, they will have a good chance of being used as an SP or they wil want that role in FA etc. ~80/100 for sure does it... how much lower, i'd guess based on the threshold of when "borderline starter" turns to "starter" for their expected role.

maybe it needs to sim a day for a new recommendation after an edit? or at least leave screen and come back for it to update... may even require a scouting update, not 100% sure onthat.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #7
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

But theres no setting for league wide!!