Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Nice Screen, Could this be for the next version????

I like this easy to see graph found on NHL.com of offseason free agents
Attached Images
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Well, to be honest, I much prefer what we have in Franchise Hockey Manager 2.

The first screen is similar to what you showed - a list of free agents by date you can scroll that's on the main free agency screen where you can view who is remaining in the pool. But in our game you see the financial terms too. Kind of neat to be able to scroll through that list and see who got the big money deals, which teams were super active in free agency, etc. It would be cool however to see a column for "former team" .. I'll check with the devs to see what we can do on that.

And secondly, similarly to OOTP, FHM 2 features a transfer summary that shows each team and who they have lost in the offseason and who they have gained. There's a handy table on the side to see who the big winners and big losers of the offseason were.

These screens are both great for immersion.

Happy Monday FHM 2 screens for you all:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

I need to occupy myself in my free time .... this game is very promising.... thanks!

sticking with nhl.com ... this is also nice, they have previews of all 30: NHL.com 30 in 30 schedule - NHL.com's 30 in 30 package: 2015-16
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cole those are great! I like the look of FHM 2 quite a bit. What I'd really appreciate though is if you could PM me a link to the game.

But seriously, I'm really happy with how this game looks. The 2014 UI was something that I immediately disliked when I saw, but I have no problems with this one at all. Even if the game runs clunky, which I don't anticipate it doing, I'll still be pretty happy with the overall aesthetic of it.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
Cole those are great! I like the look of FHM 2 quite a bit. What I'd really appreciate though is if you could PM me a link to the game.

But seriously, I'm really happy with how this game looks. The 2014 UI was something that I immediately disliked when I saw, but I have no problems with this one at all. Even if the game runs clunky, which I don't anticipate it doing, I'll still be pretty happy with the overall aesthetic of it.
As the great Duranium once said:

"Dudes, trust me, you´ll enjoy FHM2."
Old 09-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

The first screen is similar to what you showed - a list of free agents by date you can scroll that's on the main free agency screen where you can view who is remaining in the pool. But in our game you see the financial terms too. Kind of neat to be able to scroll through that list and see who got the big money deals, which teams were super active in free agency, etc. It would be cool however to see a column for "former team" .. I'll check with the devs to see what we can do on that.

And secondly, similarly to OOTP, FHM 2 features a transfer summary that shows each team and who they have lost in the offseason and who they have gained. There's a handy table on the side to see who the big winners and big losers of the offseason were.

This was probably covered elsewhere, but what exactly is indicated by the "Value" column?

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
This was probably covered elsewhere, but what exactly is indicated by the "Value" column?
Before the 'stars' system was in place there was just a player rating system out of 10, so it's left over from that.

I spoke to Jeff and he said that screen might need to be updated before release and replaced with stars.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Very OOTPB-like.. Good choice!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #9
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

I have not not been this pumped up for a release of a video game for quite a while. Took the day off of work on 09/28 just so I could spend the whole day playing.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #10
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
I have not not been this pumped up for a release of a video game for quite a while. Took the day off of work on 09/28 just so I could spend the whole day playing.

I suggest taking he next day off too...it's that good
HabsJaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #11
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsJaysFan View Post
I suggest taking he next day off too...it's that good
Good advice. I took Tuesday off as well
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #12
krownroyal83