Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I forgot about this game long time ago. Oh and still 2-3 months away from release. Oh and the answers by all the researches and testers are so negative and vile. Cole hass been the only one who has answered the questions civility. Smetana can go jump of the ledge!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #22
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Easy now everyone. There certainly is nothing wrong with being excited to give your hard earned money to someone, I'm sure the developers don't mind that fact. The main thing as posters is to keep the excitement to "Geez I can't wait" instead of "Damn you where is my game?!" At least that's my take, maybe I'm wrong
Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #23
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Dude contrary to your rant I am all for people asking questions. Also as someone who bought FHM way back at Beta stage I am very hyped about the release of the game. As a regular user of the forum here are my observations.
1) Questions about how the game works or features in the game are great and get answered regularly by the Developers or Cole.
2) Repeated questions about when the game is going to be released meet with the same response 'When it's ready'.

Also Jayrome's post did actually contain something which was blatantly incorrect and inaccurate. I quote 'Recently Cole posted these nice teaser threads with screenshots and showing features in the game, and now the FHM 2 development is silent again.' Cole had actually only posted a few days previously and had posted shots of 'facegen' pics so I don't see where the 'silent again' comment came from and then he posted again in this thread. When things are quite clearly improving there is no need for inaccurate accusations or comments like that.
Maybe his post was inaccurate....but you responded with originally "In recent weeks I have learned that there are many more important things in life than when a computer game is going to be released. See the seconds and minutes that you plan on wasting on asking this same question over and over again use them more constructively next time. Put them to better use."

You didn't say one thing about anything inaccurate or incorrect that Jayrome may have posted and instead admonished him for daring to ask anything about the game. That's the crux of what my own comment was. You said he was wasting time and could be more constructive to which I said you could do the same in regards to slamming people for simply asking an innocent question about a game that he and others are obviously high anticipating. Do you own this site? Do you have anything to do with the actual production of the game? Are you a moderator on here? It's not up to you to tell people what they can and cannot ask on here. If it bothers you so much, well, nobody is forcing you to look at and read it. Just like watching TV or listening to the radio...if a movie or a song comes on that annoys you or you don't like then you change the channel/station. You don't send something to the people who made the movie or song admonishing them like you are their father or grade school teacher. So what if it's been asked before? So what if he wishes there would be more frequent update info?

To sum up: you surely could've used your time more wisely, also.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #24
Edster007
All Star Starter

While I have never met or had any personal interaction with PenFold I am happy that his health is trending the right direction and I hope he wins the fight. I do not think he was at any time looking to make someone feel bad for the battle he has waged for his life as someone suggested. I'm offended that someone would even suggest this of him, it was out of line. I would fully expect when someone is faced with this be it yourself or a loved one that yes your perspective on life and what's important changes and it is a sad commentary that it takes illness for us to realize it.

It is a catch 22 for everyone involved. The consumers want the game, the developers want to get the game out (I assume they may want to pay their rent and eat at some point) but they have, and properly so been called on the carpet for not delivering on promises in the past. What it comes down to is that they aren't going to forget we are here and if there was something to say that was they were 100% sure they could stand by they would say it. So I respect that. Coming to the forum to wade through the "what's new" or "when is it coming out" threads has become tedious.

I half want to apologize to the regular visitors and posters here as I am feeding the beast, which I have avoided but this thread has struck a chord with me.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #25
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry if it offended anyone, didn't mean no harm.

I might have misunderstood what Penfold told me, but when he said ''Read this and you might reconsider your attempt at 'clever' '' he linked me to the thread Sad News and he might have thought I didn't see it.

However, unless I'm missing some information in it, I don't see how posting the thread brings to our discussion, except to state that he is having medical issues. That's why I thought he might have wanted to make me feel bad. And I know and have known people win and lose battles with cancer, I'd never want to use it to cause harm, very sorry if it did.

As for the lack of updates I stated, I mean that the development team were on a great roll with the screenshots and it suddenly stopped.

And the fact that people on here react very intensely when we ask questions about when the game is ready, what's happening with development proves how much of an issues we have here. If you guys are so much praising the FHM team, stop attacking every goddamn question someone asks, even if it's the same question..
Old 07-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #26
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

First of all let me echo the sentiment that I am glad to see Penfold back. He is a regular and bluntly honest contributor to this community. While his contributions to society far surpass that I always enjoy reading what he has to say here.

Now, that said, I always enjoy seeing the statement that there are bigger things in life to worry about than FHM2. Absolutely. I agree. But this is a place to discuss video games. If somebody was commenting in a different forum about say... ISIS and they said, "This ISIS stuff is really bad but can anybody tell me when FHM2 comes out? That's what really matters to me!" Then yes.. that's probably a misguided statement. But in the existence of the vacuum of the OOTP and FHM forum the status and evolution of FHM2 is one of the most important things that you will find to comment on.

I agree that there is zero reason to ask the question "when is it coming out?" Z E R O. We are not going to get a different answer. Ever. So people should just stop asking it. But discussion about features, "wish lists" and comments about the snippits that we HAVE seen about the game should be free game, regardless of whether they are positive, negative, or anywhere on the barometer in between, as long as they are within the guidelines of this forum and its rules.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 07-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #27
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Ah, the FHM forums... where asking legitimate questions is like the experience of being a 3-legged cat walking into a dog-kennel.

Between the botched initial game release and the toxic community, FHM2 better be perfect...
Old 07-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #28
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
I don't see it as a waste, it's not forbidden to talk about it, I don't think we should refrain asking questions to get information we don't have right now. I'm not sure where you're getting at with that morale attempt, but I'll be good knowing what to do with my minutes and seconds.

Again, it's a shame threads like mine are seen as an attack at the developpers or another ''When's the game going to be released'' thread, while I simply want to know if the developpers can tell us a bit more and clarify some things, no need to get defensive.
I think it's more an issue of productivity. It's not in their interest to not share pertinent information with us. So, if they have nothing to comment on at this time, what makes you think they're going to stop and respond to your particular question? That's not being defensive or trying to be rude, it's just a relevant reflective question (I think) to ask yourself. A lot of times, "no news is good news".

They don't stand to gain business by not sharing news or intentionally delaying the release of the game (which I understand is not being assumed here), so just trust that there's a method to the madness. If there was something to report, I'm sure they'd report it.

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with having questions and wanting answers to them. I just try to look at this from both sides and can accept that there is likely a valid reason for not sharing details. FHM2 will release soon enough and reviews, patches and other feedback will likely answer any unanswered questions we have. Time heals all wounds.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #29
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'll say again, there is nothing to be inferred or read between the lines of with the fact that there hasn't been any new screenshots or information for a week or so ..

The fact of the matter is, I have a life, a family and a full-time job outside of FHM 2, so at times there will be ebbs and flows in the information that comes forward.

As I had stated earlier, my FHM 2 time as of late had been spent more so on the text side of things and testing some of the different aspects Sebastian has added to the in-game play (small spoiler ) So if you don't see a new post with screenshots from me every week, have faith that I'm still being productive

That being said, even if there's not always new screenshots, I'll be on the forums daily, answering questions and concerns as they arise and keeping things active.

With rare exceptions.. for example, I'm heading off with my wife to the hospital to have our second child early next week, so there will also be at least a couple days of downtime there when you won't hear much from my end.

But, as I had committed to earlier in this thread, I will be posting some new screenshots and/or information sometime this week to keep you guys satisfied. So stay tuned! We haven't gone silent, I can assure you of that
Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #30
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
I'm heading off with my wife to the hospital to have our second child early next week, so there will also be at least a couple days of downtime there when you won't hear much from my end.
Enjoy your time with your new arrival!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 07-16-2015, 03:56 AM   #31
dmytron

Quote:
for example, I'm heading off with my wife to the hospital to have our second child early next week
Can we at least see the screenshots of that?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:41 AM   #32
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
Sorry if it offended anyone, didn't mean no harm.

I might have misunderstood what Penfold told me, but when he said ''Read this and you might reconsider your attempt at 'clever' '' he linked me to the thread Sad News and he might have thought I didn't see it.

However, unless I'm missing some information in it, I don't see how posting the thread brings to our discussion, except to state that he is having medical issues. That's why I thought he might have wanted to make me feel bad. And I know and have known people win and lose battles with cancer, I'd never want to use it to cause harm, very sorry if it did.

As for the lack of updates I stated, I mean that the development team were on a great roll with the screenshots and it suddenly stopped.

And the fact that people on here react very intensely when we ask questions about when the game is ready, what's happening with development proves how much of an issues we have here. If you guys are so much praising the FHM team, stop attacking every goddamn question someone asks, even if it's the same question..
You said you didn't understand where I was coming from with my 'morale' whatever so I posted the link to try and explain what I meant by using time more constructively. It was never intended to garner sympathy. Maybe I have wasted too much time on this thread myself.

Last edited by Penfold75; 07-16-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #33
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm heading off with my wife to the hospital to have our second child early next week, so there will also be at least a couple days of downtime there when you won't hear much from my end.
Congratulations Cole hope all goes well
Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #34
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Unacceptable! You know damn well they have wi-fi at the hospital!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #35
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

"When asked when they would be releasing 'Cole Child 2.0' from the womb developers Cole and his wife answered 'CC2.0 will be released when it is ready. In the meantime here's a sonogram of the baby in its early development stages.'"

Sorry.. couldnt resist!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 07-16-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #36
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
"When asked when they would be releasing 'Cole Child 2.0' from the womb developers Cole and his wife answered 'CC2.0 will be released when it is ready. In the meantime here's a sonogram of the baby in its early development stages.'"

Sorry.. couldnt resist!
lol! "Developers"... haha. Awesome
Old 07-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #37
moore4807
All Star Starter

My $.02 about this

I think if you go back and read this thread - look carefully at the # of posts of the "I wanna know" posters and the # of posts from the "bezerker" defenders of FHM2...

When you notice that the average of the first group is mostly below 50 posts and the defenders are usually in the hundreds of posts. It's pretty clear from my seat in the bleachers that the newer posters are recreating threads that has been exhaustively hashed and rehashed over the past year and with the knee jerk reaction of the defenders, then comes the "your a big meanie" battle cry and we are off at it again!

I am one of those that is firmly in the camp of it will be out when they announce it, and have had my battles with others over it.

I tend to view this as people here who defend it are also those who experienced the growing pains of OOTP and remember the glitches and patches that accompanied this small video game outfit, and I tend to react negatively when someone complains about FHM like they are dealing with EA or SEGA corporations who wouldn't even bother to reply except with fluff like "Thank you for your submission - we will carefully consider it and file it in the trash after laughing at your stupid ass."

Cole pointed it out - he has a regular job, a regular life and his devotion to FHM is after those things, but he still posts pretty frequently - agreed?

We are never going to get past this - as long as someone doesn't take the time to read the previous posts and conversely there is no mechanism to direct them to the previous posts for them to read first before posting it again.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #38
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I think if you go back and read this thread - look carefully at the # of posts of the "I wanna know" posters and the # of posts from the "bezerker" defenders of FHM2...

When you notice that the average of the first group is mostly below 50 posts and the defenders are usually in the hundreds of posts. It's pretty clear from my seat in the bleachers that the newer posters are recreating threads that has been exhaustively hashed and rehashed over the past year and with the knee jerk reaction of the defenders, then comes the "your a big meanie" battle cry and we are off at it again!

I am one of those that is firmly in the camp of it will be out when they announce it, and have had my battles with others over it.

I tend to view this as people here who defend it are also those who experienced the growing pains of OOTP and remember the glitches and patches that accompanied this small video game outfit, and I tend to react negatively when someone complains about FHM like they are dealing with EA or SEGA corporations who wouldn't even bother to reply except with fluff like "Thank you for your submission - we will carefully consider it and file it in the trash after laughing at your stupid ass."

Cole pointed it out - he has a regular job, a regular life and his devotion to FHM is after those things, but he still posts pretty frequently - agreed?

We are never going to get past this - as long as someone doesn't take the time to read the previous posts and conversely there is no mechanism to direct them to the previous posts for them to read first before posting it again.
Again, as long as its within the guidelines of the forum and doesnt violate any TOGs people should be able to say what they want. That's the beauty of this setup. If you dont want to answer, or its a repetitive question that somebody is just not taking the time to research, dont attack just dont reply.

Or somebody could create a FAQ with a few simple answers to a lot of the questions such as "when will it be released?" Make it a sticky and title it "FHM2 FAQ Read This First!" It may help.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 07-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #39
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Well i also forgot about this game long time ago. Last thing i knew (last spring) was 'we are on track for a release by the end of May'. LOL, don't be surprised if people is starting to complain
Old 07-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #40
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I don't mind people asking repetitive questions... It makes it easier for me when I know the answers from answering it many times Although a FAQ stickied isn't a bad idea...

We can't expect everyone to have followed every last detail and know everything.

I also can't blame people for being anxious for the game, or for being frustrated by delays or for having an uncertain release date. It's not optimal, but having a cleaner released product than FHM 2014 is what is most important to us right now and in the end, despite the wait, is what will make you all happier too.
Closed Thread