Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
SuperJoeCharboneau
Minors (Single A)

Release Date

Any updates on the projected release date? Does early 2013 mean the first quarter? Hitting refresh on the facebook page is wearing me out
SuperJoeCharboneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

When they know a release date, i expect that they will tell us. From the sounds of it they are still working very hard on the game to get it out to us. On Twitter they mentioned that an update is coming soon. I don't know who it is doing the twitter page but it appears it's not someone fully involved with the game development.

As of right now it's still "Early 2013" and i take it that early 2013 means whenever it's ready. My idea would be before the end of March. My guess is February would be their goal at this time.

We've been waiting years for this, what's another couple months? It's coming and it'll be spectacular.

By the way, i feel your pain. I check this site daily for updates. It's pathetic, but i simply cannot help myself - I'm outta control!

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-13-2013 at 01:04 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
Djungelurban
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any chance they might release the editor early (assuming there's a stand-alone version) so people can work on rosters, leagues and what not ahead of release of the game?
Djungelurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djungelurban View Post
Any chance they might release the editor early (assuming there's a stand-alone version) so people can work on rosters, leagues and what not ahead of release of the game?
The editor is ingame so i'd say it's a safe bet that it cannot be done.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
On Twitter they mentioned that an update is coming soon. I don't know who it is doing the twitter page but it appears it's not someone fully involved with the game development.
I believe it's BradC, the marketing dude for OOTP Dev. Which means you're right - he doesn't have any connection to the game itself. I'm sure he just asked Sebastian if he had anything.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
We've been waiting years for this, what's another couple months? It's coming and it'll be spectacular.
Exactly! No one here want a rushed release that could bring an unplayable game because of a lack of beta testing.

Waiting 2 or 3 more months isn't the end of the world...
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
bp_
Hall Of Famer

I'm ready to pre-order.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Release date

Early 2013 doesn't always mean like January it just means it will be released sometime in the near future. Who knows if this means late January, February or march. I think that they will tell us when they feel that it's closer to beta testing it or when they feel that it's ready for a release. Obviously no news is good news.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I think it's safe to say that it won't be released in January.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

I hate this thread... every new post I am hoping we have some news :P
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
I hate this thread... every new post I am hoping we have some news :P
I would say that they won't be revealing the release date in this thread. My guess is when the game info/website is up they will release it there first. And in a newsletter. But it won't take long for someone to post it afterwards.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

I'm going to keep taking my meds until the 1st quarter is close to ending...then all bets are off...

calmgood things come to those who waithappy thoughtsred pillcalmbreath
OpusTheFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

It's so hard to be patient, especially with the season finally getting underway! I'll survive though, better to be polished up and ready to go than thrust out the door, unfinished.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Day 1 purchase for me, but the devs should certainly take their time to put out something polished, feature full, and as bug free as possible. A lot of loyal OOTP players were gained during the first couple versions of the game (OOTP 2 hooked me to the series) and I would love to see FHM get off on the right foot.

But when it finally does come out...

Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm going to guess at the first of March for a release. I'm so willing to pay anything to get my hands on this.
HabsJaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #16
tran
Minors (Single A)

Not to beat a dead horse...
But releasing a hockey game in March sounds weird.

IMO, it should be released when all the hockey games are released...

Or it should be released at strategic time... Not simply when it's ready.
tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Garethw87

I'd hope it's not March. Yes we've been waiting for years so 'another few months won't hurt' They will! I'm not complaining just, Originally it was started later 2012 early 2013.. now its it's just 'whenever'.

Yes I want it to be released when ready but its so horrible not knowing anything!

Ultimately though if it's March, it's March. If it's September it's September. I'm still buying 2 copies! Hopefully it's released and very stable because people are complaining enough (rightly so we all want it released) But we should all give the team a break sometimes with all the demands. They're working hard and well - nobody else has chosen to make us a hockey sim!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
Not to beat a dead horse...
But releasing a hockey game in March sounds weird.

IMO, it should be released when all the hockey games are released...

Or it should be released at strategic time... Not simply when it's ready.

I see your reasoning but if the product is finished enough to release then why not release it to generate revenue and then start working on next years project. I know this is a labor of love for the developers but is still a business.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
I'd hope it's not March. Yes we've been waiting for years so 'another few months won't hurt' They will! I'm not complaining just, Originally it was started later 2012 early 2013.. now its it's just 'whenever'.

Yes I want it to be released when ready but its so horrible not knowing anything!

Ultimately though if it's March, it's March. If it's September it's September. I'm still buying 2 copies! Hopefully it's released and very stable because people are complaining enough (rightly so we all want it released) But we should all give the team a break sometimes with all the demands. They're working hard and well - nobody else has chosen to make us a hockey sim!

I hear you brother. I've been waiting for another good hockey sim for so long and the fact that it's the ootp team I know it will be top shelf quality.

When it comes it comes but they have my money for sure and every year after as well
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsJaysFan View Post
I hear you brother. I've been waiting for another good hockey sim for so long and the fact that it's the ootp team I know it will be top shelf quality.

When it comes it comes but they have my money for sure and every year after as well
Just a small correction, but it's not actually the "ootp" team that's working on FHM. Technically it's the "iootp" team.

Either way, it will be awesome.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote